Sign in to follow this  
Arronicus

The new reinforced tile graphics (Are terrible!)

So, I'm not sure if this is the appropriate forum section for this, whether it should be in suggestions and ideas or what, since I haven't seen mention of this in the art section where users cannot create new posts, but; ((Has been moved to the appropriate section, thanks Shriimpie))

The new reinforced tiles look terrible. The sooner they get changed back to the nice texture file they used to have, the better. There have been a lot of graphic updates, revamps, remodel, for wurm, and in almost every case, I think it has helped wurm out, made it a better place, but this was a complete step backwards. The new texture looks like what you would have replaced, in favor of what we used to have.

Please, change it back.

Edited by Arronicus
  • Like 9

does look alittle cheesy and its different for sure.... :P

Might need some wood around the support looking wood part or maybe at the top?

Edited by Protunia

Err, not sure about that!

Edited by solmark

Why change this anyway? Was it complained about?

art guys were probably just working on a group of graphics to update, and this was one of them i'd guess.

I like the old one as well better than this new one, i'll have to see it in person, grouped up with a few of them  to make a final judgement

They sure do stand out in the mines. It is a big change on the old version and change is sometimes difficult to appreciate immediately. Perhaps after a few days we can learn to like the change- if not, then I am sure some tweaking

could be / will be done.

I do agree with Arronicus about the excellent graphics updates that have been added to Wurm.

old ones were small and pretty, these cover too much of the wall =S

Why change this anyway? Was it complained about?

Art is one of those things that can and should change without people complaining about it to make it happen. That being said it's also very subjective and people are of course going to be divided on it. I personally think the actually wooden support aspect of it looks great, the rock texture on the wall however is not very good but that's kind of the norm for rock textures in Wurm.

Edited by Mjneal
  • Like 1

I agree, the new graphic for the reinforced tiles is sort of odd. Maybe it will take some getting used to.

i thought before the update that they wer better at making the corners look less visible as 3d graphics...because well...wooden beams are supposed to be edgy around a corner...but now...why are they moved ? a mistake? besides that uneven textures are alot easier to be recognized as repeating!

Edited by Miretta

i thought before the update that they wer better at making the corners look less visible as 3d graphics...because well...wooden beams are supposed to be edgy around a corner...but now...why are they moved ? a mistake? besides that uneven textures are alot easier to be recognized as repeating!

yeah might be better on the edges....

the new support beams look anything but the ability to support..looks like they gonna collapse at any moment.  old ones are much perfered...not all change is good change hehehehe

Personally I think they convey a more "middle aged" feeling which generally fits better to the theme of Wurm. I'm guessing that what they were after.

They are definately more intrusive visually than the old ones were though.

I personally think that's a good thing, the old ones were far too flimsy looking to hold up a cave roof. Plus, it was often hard to tell without a mouseover in the dark what was reinforced and what was mineable.

I have to agree, the old supports looked much better.  The look of these new ones doesn't even match the parts used to make them.

not a fan of old one, not a fan of new one too.. In any case they need to at least looks 3d than some flat wallpaper plastered over the wall.. and have that diagonal part to hold the ceiling..