Sign in to follow this  
Arronicus

The new reinforced tile graphics (Are terrible!)

Please change them back. Now I can't stand to be in a mine or wear my seryll basinet...

It looks like they should be jumping out of the wall, but they are cartoonishly flat. Maybe if they could bump out of the wall it would look great.

Hi everyone,

The model for the cave tile reinforcement seemed to sneak through early, it is a work in progress and will be updated when possible.

• Like 2

Granted the old texture was too "flat" and could be easy to miss at a glance.

Perhaps something with criss-crossing timbers? An |X|

Hi everyone,

The model for the cave tile reinforcement seemed to sneak through early, it is a work in progress and will be updated when possible.

IMO not something to put on the priority list. Give us the old ones back and work on fixing the new ones when there's time to spare.

• Like 1

Yeah the new ones need to go, worst thing ever added to the game graphics wise. And as has been said, they don't make any sense, why would anyone build support beams out of two beams with some slapped on metal in between?! The old ones made perfect sense, sure could be made to look a bit nicer but they were pretty ok. If anything there should be more 3D to them, like a real model with texture on it, not just some flat suspenders looking thing on the wall.... 

Edited by Torgrim

IMO, either revert or make these 3d. They look rather awkward as they currently are.

I would have to agree, the new ones is horrible. The older ones was better then this. But to do it right... it would have to be a 3d model... As you can see in real life... they stuck out.

minereisnforcementwww_gatetrails_comsml.

100_0174.jpg

DSC00573.JPG

And a very good 3D model

large_mine_cave_3d_model_3ds_c4d_dxf_obj

Edited by DarylDarkfire
  • Like 1

^^

Good pics. Now devs, go implement :)

But for bigger rooms that are used for crafting etc it would be nice with some less crude looking support beams... 

Hi everyone,

Thank-you for taking a moment to actually give some feedback on what is happening with these. It is some small comfort that this is not the intended finished product; that would be quite disappointing, but rather a step toward something that we can enjoy seeing. Hopefully, the finished product is very different from the halfway mark.

They sure don't blend in well! Maybe a color change and actually make them look like 3D would be cool.

Like the old ones better imo.

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind the new graphic so much, if they made the wood a bit smaller. and maybe added an X shaped in between. And making them darker would be nice as well.

Edited by Roggeh

But... its so dark in my cave I could not tell there was a change at all!

But seriously 3D supports would be cool but may cause lag in repitition.

Also, how does supporting walls keep the cieling from falling in larger chambers? +1 for support pillars plantable in larger rooms to prevent the immediate area from caving in. 4x4? 6x6?

I like the change.....it looks like a reinforcement from medieval times as opposed to something you'd see out of the industrial era.

I like the change.....it looks like a reinforcement from medieval times as opposed to something you'd see out of the industrial era.

GMAB..... :blink:

• Like 1

I think we must be playing different games here. A couple wooden beams from ceiling to floor, that were a little more discrete, looked 'industrial' ?

The old ones were much better to look at but they really didn't look realistic. may i suggest the supports going across the ceiling as well may make the new ones more pleasant to look at, as well as more realistic. could put the metal plates on the corners then. rail mine cars would be a nice addition as well hehe.

Edited by KingDD

The old ones were much better to look at but they really didn't look realistic. may i suggest the supports going across the ceiling as well may make the new ones more pleasant to look at, as well as more realistic. rail mine cars would be a nice addition as well hehe.

The problem with supports going across the ceiling, is that the tile with the supports, is the tile you actually apply the supports to. When you apply supports to a tile though, it does make the tile next to it flatten out on the floor and ceiling, so maybe this is possible, just don't know that it is.

Hi everyone,

Hopefully the work in progress was to change them back. :P

The current model makes me think of Steam Punk for some reason.

All kidding aside, I'm sure you guys will do a great job on any completed changes you make with them. I really like your team's other work towards ships, bridges, new carts, etc.

I'll just let it burn in to your brains for a little longer :P  then ill change it back or to something else :)

To be serious, I will give it a remake or change it back, it is work in progress and I did play with reinforced floor,wall and ceiling graphics, but floor and walls do not fit (tile) evenly all the time with the walls so I did fail, sorry.

Having a cross section will probably have the same problem and look weird too so that's not a solution.

I'll give it a new try as soon as possible.

Cheers!

• Like 2

Here's a thought.

Add the option to reinforce open tiles by right clicking the floor. This would add a support beam at the Edges of the tile. The floor would be perfectly flat (like what currently happens when you reinforce both sides of a open tile). This would be basically to work with bigger cave halls.

As for the reinforced wall proper, why not "warp" the model a bit, so that instead of a cube it has 2 "protrusions" coming out of the top at the tile edges in each face of the cube.

These protrusions would extend over a whole tile's ceiling. So a reinforced wall would have wood beams coming out of the top (thus actually showing something supporting the ceiling -which is the basic purpose of it). Thing is those shouldn't really randomize their position too much (like current ones) for the sake of seamlessly integrating tiles. Sure it might look a bit monotonous but sometimes order looks better than chaos.

Idk if i made my point across, but don't know how to really explain my point without pictures, and not only i'm too bad at drawing, i'm also too lazy to draw it. :P

Edited by KanePT