Sign in to follow this  
Pewter

Looking for tiny bits of help here and there

A little bit of help can go a REALLY long way, even for someone that has been in Exodus for a month or so...

Kallya and I are needing just a tiny bit of help to get a few things made so that we can progress and move out of the Esert area, leaving our holdings to the next newcomers that follow in our footsteps.

We were in need of horses but were already kindly helped.  Many thanks to our patron!

We also could really use a few logs of really high quality, about 10 kgs of iron lumps of really high quality, and a couple of cordage ropes. 

We have been treated kindly by all of you and for that we are thankful.  Would one of you be willing to help us with one or more of these items?

Many thanks,

Pewter

could you define high quality? whats the minimum ql you would accept?

We currently only have level 12 or 13 wood.  We have tried to be responsible citizens and not just gone around chopping trees to raise the ability while leaving the logs lay to rot.

We are around level 22 or 23 for ore at the moment. 

So anything above these would be great.  We had found or been given a lvl 37 lump of iron that we finally have used to nothing on the really important tools.

Thanks,

Pewter

I'd spend some more time mining and woodcutting to raise your skills. Those skills should level up pretty quickly, at which point you will be able to collect what you need on your own. That will be much better as you can supply your own mats for your smithing and carpentry work. While you're in the mine you can turn those rock shards into stone bricks and raise your masonry skills and also potentially sell them for money, which you could then use to buy yourself some much better stuff if you were so inclined.

Cordage ropes are a different story and I am sure you will find someone willing to give you those if you are in a rush for them. Or as above, buy them.

This all said, I'd give you what you need if you are local to me, but I think you will enjoy the game more if you do as suggested.

Grab me in game when I'm on and I can get you logs and lumps around the high 30s mark. Always a pleasure to help you and Kallya.

Only just seen this.... there should be heaps of iron ore at the freedom and cheese market, not sure if people outside of ally can access it but I'd suspect they can since its a market and anyone can shop there to collect horses etc.
Its left over stuff from past deed owners etc, not for sale just in bsb sitting there doing nothing. I repaired all the BSB's the other week.

Edited by AlexLong

I have logs to offer.  They have been piling up until I started using them up for charcoal piles, though there are still enough to go around.

Thanks everyone for your offers.  We actually have received some good wood and iron lumps which we are making the best use of to imp a few select items.

I am amazed by the helpful spirit of everyone we speak to.  I am sure there are lots of shortcuts and things we do not know as newcomers, and grinding is a bit slow, but we are having fun.  There is a tremendous sense of accomplishment when we hit a level where we have the option to make a new item.

I am currently working towards a larger ship and Kallya is working towards high enough masonry to build some fences and a house on our new deed.  Except for the @#%$^* that did the DDOS, life in Wurm is wonderful at the moment...

If I could use anything, it would be some lessons on how to dredge and area so the result is nice and flat and well defined.  I just seem to be producing holes here and there...

If you want flat, use 'flatten' and 'level'. If you want nice slopes, you need to examine the slope of each tile border and make some judgments of what you think is nice.

Remember that when you dig you affect the corner of a tile, not the whole tile. That will affect the other 3 tiles that share that corner, so it may explain why you feel you are making holes that you shouldn't be? When digging, stand on the corner that you want to lower. Same applies to dredging underwater, but that can be harder to see due to the distance between your feet and the bottom.