Sign in to follow this  
Vanzel

Cool Suggested updates for winter

To have winter freeze water(in any source) so you have to break the ice and melt it.(with fire)

If you have any other suggestions please post

or if you would like to comment on this one

Edit: when i was talking about water freezing i didnt mean large bodies only small, like lakes ponds and puddles, and also you wouldnt have to manually break it unless the gm decides that he would like to use this idea and make it so you have to

Edited by Vanzel

You can change the title, just click 'Edit' on the first post, then click 'Full Editor'.

Edited by Shrimpiie

+1 and please revert winter back to its longer timeframe

+1, as long as it freezes small water sources only, as the ocean would not freeze easily(plus no sailing??? and people running across servers on the ice). 

• Like 1

Liquids that you hold in your inventory shouldn't freeze. I like winter and I can see the appeal of small changes to gameplay relevant to seasons in order to increase the immersion. Though I'd prefer if we didn't actually have to manually click "Break ice" on water containers, but rather it happened automatically through a brief action and we'd be told in event.

The temperature changes the gameplay in The Sims 2 seasons, and it was really one of those things that was only fun in theory. It might seem like it, but it's not fun to force the sim to run back and forth to keep his health up and I'm guessing ice would be the same deal. The goal is to get to the water and adding extra steps along the way would only be putting a dent in the road to get there, so to speak.

I could see it being fun to walk across a small-medium sized lake, or out a few tiles from land on the solid ice surface...

Any action to collect/warm ice into water doesn't sound fun... Maybe the off chance to collect snow from a dirt tile to melt into water would be nice and give purpose.  Would seem silly to run out of water in winter ;)

However... the water line in Wurm isn't really something that could be easily messed with as suggested above.  Might be able to fool around with some code to freeze the dirt tiles that are partially in water with the same check that prevents you from digging/opening up a mine entrance.  And have a 5-10 tile perimeter on the surface level that would "solidify" if it was near a surface tile.

Play some Portal 2 with the red slime that is slippery to get it out of your system. Might be a fun incentive to get people onto the Test server but not something to do all the time. 

Would be cool to freeze the lakes but not the sea. Nice addition it would be.

I can see myself taking a huge axe or maul to demolish ice tiles on waters :P

• Like 1

already played portal 2 good game

Filled a room with the red stuff then strafe circled and such? I wish there was a construction set for it, would love to make an obstacle room to mess around with the physics.

With limitations this could be fun.  For instance, fountains with water above ground should freeze, but a well should not, as it is drawing water from below ground level.  As to lakes and the ocean, only the very shallow areas should have freezing issues, even though I know many of us would have our ships frozen in our shallow dug out harbors (this would affect me too).  I'll give this a very conditional +1.

• Like 1

With limitations this could be fun.  For instance, fountains with water above ground should freeze, but a well should not, as it is drawing water from below ground level.  As to lakes and the ocean, only the very shallow areas should have freezing issues, even though I know many of us would have our ships frozen in our shallow dug out harbors (this would affect me too).  I'll give this a very conditional

Would be cool to freeze the lakes but not the sea. Nice addition it would be.

I can see myself taking a huge axe or maul to demolish ice tiles on waters :P

put the 2 together and you have a very nice addiction

I think the snow textures need revamping, i suspect they've been skipped in the past.

It does make you really appreciate the beauty of the game when it `melts` tho.

I play less when there's snow on the ground because after a couple of days it gets very `bleh`

because that is what they have the grass tiles to -looking frozen- and im talking about making affect more things then just looks