Sign in to follow this  
baileytheferret

Affinity not received

Over a year ago i lost my affinity. I have yet to receive another. And I have all the skills unlocked. Atleast i think i do. Any ideas? anyone having the same problem?

I lost my first affinity to Tonygreen on my first week to wurm :/   That said, I didn't get another affinity for nearly a year.  The way I finally gained one was killing an MR spy.

You may already have all the skills unlocked, but you actually have to use them for it to show.. are you sure you've rechecked those skill since?

Edited by Nomadikhan
  • Like 1

Could be in Artifacts or Warhammers, not common skills for people to have, and as Nomadikhan said, use frequently enough to update them.

Edited by whereami
  • Like 2

It is your punishment for running off after malevolence married us in game... How could you?

• Like 1

Heh same thing happened to me for a while.    For like 2 years I didn't know/care about my affinity, after I lost my old one in PvP.  It turned out to be toy making :(  I had unlocked every skill I could think of then someone asked me if I unlocked that one.  LOL

I lost my first affinity to Tonygreen on my first week to wurm :/   That said, I didn't get another affinity for nearly a year.  The way I finally gained one was killing an MR spy.

You may already have all the skills unlocked, but you actually have to use them for it to show.. are you sure you've rechecked those skill since?

yes i checked them all.

Could be in Artifacts or Warhammers, not common skills for people to have, and as Nomadikhan said, use frequently enough to update them.

artifacts? 

Also what do you mean by i gotta use them? how does the affinity thing even work? so if  use a ton of skills it will appear?

It is your punishment for running off after malevolence married us in game... How could you?

LOL! running off!? you left the game lol havent seen you for years.

• Like 1

After you left, I was an emotional wreck. I had no other outlet for my sadness, thank god we never had children or how would I explain to them that mom ran off on us when freedom opened. I have never been the same. The scars run deep...

• Like 1

could be any priest skills like channeling, or like whereami said, it could be warhammer or overall hammers, which you can only open if you use the hammer of magranon, which is very limited in those that can use it 

yes i checked them all.

artifacts? 

Also what do you mean by i gotta use them? how does the affinity thing even work? so if  use a ton of skills it will appear?

Artifacts is a skill which was coded but never implemented with a purpose therefore unable to unlock. You can still gain and lose affins in artifacts even though you can't see it.Of course like others have mentioned, there is a skills for the Hammer of Magranon which has its own subskill (Hammers) and Skill (Warhammer). Both of which unless you've used the Hammer of Mag are impossible to unlock. 

So that's three skills you may not have unlocked:

Artifacts

Hammers

Warhammer.

EDIT: Of course to fully test that you haven't received a affin in any of those skills you'd have to be killed in PvP. Of course I'd gladly help you out with this, chances are you will then have an affin you can actually see :)

Edited by Emoo

Artifacts is a skill which was coded but never implemented with a purpose therefore unable to unlock. You can still gain and lose affins in artifacts even though you can't see it.Of course like others have mentioned, there is a skills for the Hammer of Magranon which has its own subskill (Hammers) and Skill (Warhammer). Both of which unless you've used the Hammer of Mag are impossible to unlock. 

So that's three skills you may not have unlocked:

Artifacts

Hammers

Warhammer.

EDIT: Of course to fully test that you haven't received a affin in any of those skills you'd have to be killed in PvP. Of course I'd gladly help you out with this, chances are you will then have an affin you can actually see :)

lol emoo i wont be going to chaos anytime soon. but thanks for the info! i have hammers already unlocked i will work on unlocking more.

I had an artifact affinity once. :(

you would of never been able to see it 

lol emoo i wont be going to chaos anytime soon. but thanks for the info! i have hammers already unlocked i will work on unlocking more.

Hammer skill and Hammers skill are entirely different, you can't unlock hammers without using the Hammer of Mag.

you would of never been able to see it 

Aye but you do get a notification that you gain the affin in event same as normal, I think I have 2 Artifact affins on Emoo >.>  Useless!

Edited by Emoo

Ugghhh, stupid M86 web filter.

Double post, please remove.

Edited by MattSquare

That's weird. I lost a swords affinity in PvP one night. I logged back in the next morning, and ten minutes later I got a shipbuilding affinity. The total time between loss and regain was about twelve hours. This was on Epic, I'm not sure if affinity gain is different between Freedom and Epic. The system is really weird anyway.

Aye but you do get a notification that you gain the affin in event same as normal, I think I have 2 Artifact affins on Emoo >.>  Useless!

The weird thing about it is it doesn't seem to save how many you had.  In one day:

[22:16:22] You realize that you have developed an affinity for artifacts.

[02:08:05] You realize that you have developed an affinity for artifacts.

Didn't say grows stronger

The weird thing about it is it doesn't seem to save how many you had.  In one day:

[22:16:22] You realize that you have developed an affinity for artifacts.

[02:08:05] You realize that you have developed an affinity for artifacts.

Didn't say grows stronger

Interesting

Why devs didn't exclude such affinities from list ? I can't find my affinity for 2 years already - opened all skills except 3 that mentioned above. :angry: