Sign in to follow this  
Dorian

Let us equip cows/pigs/chickens/etc

If we can equip a non horse type critter with an item, we could re-name the item, thus identifying the animal for breeding purposes.  It might be an easier code to write up than having the code to give them identifiable names when they are born.   :D 

A cool idea would be to let us put a necklace on any tamed animal like a name tag of sorts.  It would be helpful to the animal husbandry people and a new fun use for jewelry smiths.  

• Like 1

Why not, the slots are already there so logically it's just a matter of activating them :D

• Like 1

breeding 2 aged bisons, 'Aged bison isnt in the mood' Which bison does it mean!?

+1 surely =)

+1, this could help some with breeding.  Although we would still have the problem of knowing who are the parents when cattle are all kept in the same pen.  First solution would be to keep the female in a separate pen until giving birth, so the calf could be properly recorded for parentage on a spreadsheet, then put back in the large pen.

I'm thinking name a cow necklace 'Bessie' then name a bull necklace 'Hank', then when they have a baby cow name the baby cow necklace 'Fiona'.  I could keep a log of the names so I know that Fiona is the daughter of Hank and Bessie. That way could be sure not to breed Fiona with any of her brothers or half brothers.

Edited by Dorian

Could even have a new item ingame "dogtags".

Lump on chain to make, takes 0.1kg of the lump and the whole chain (just so we don't have to add 2 new items to make just the one).

Before equipping the dogtag you can edit its name like a sign.

When its equipped the name on the tag shows up like a title on the animals. So something like: Venerable fat Bison (Bessie).