Sign in to follow this  
Druidnature

Everquest Next Landmark!

Welcome to the club! And yes. EQN and EQN:L are completely different and separate games for the most part. On the EQN:L forums they have posted the "roadmap" for Landmark. It's worth a good read.

On top of the so-far, great looking game, the amount of communication and dedication from the devs at SOE has been awesome! Even when pulling 36hr+ much earlier in the Alpha, they also tweeted status updates of the downtime, issues, etc. *very* regularly. They've also only had a couple/few long outages where they worked through the night to get the issues resolved, posting updates regularly. And this is during an ALPHA!

It's also rather cool to be running around, minding your own business and out of nowhere one of the devs like Dave, Domino, Absor, or Collette go running by checking out players builds as well as actually playing the game along with us.

You know that time?

That time with 100 TNT?

That... Now that was a crater.

*legal disclaimer, TNT may or may not be safe children under 18, adult supervision is advised but not always required. For more warnings and death related issues, please call the hotline*

This really looks interesting! Guess, I'll give it a try...

Meet you in EQN:L  :)

I am drooling seeing the creations, reminds me of my glorious days of minecraft creations. Though I bet as soon as it reach open beta, we will see many many crappy landmarks lol... In other though, I kinda wonder of what theme the game is, I would though it is fantasy.. yeh I never play everquest although I heard its glory.

If I play this, my time will be... gone. Glad they have super priced fee on it ;) .

Edited by rosedragon

I am drooling seeing the creations, reminds me of my glorious days of minecraft creations. Though I bet as soon as it reach open beta, we will see many many crappy landmarks lol... In other though, I kinda wonder of what theme the game is, I would though it is fantasy.. yeh I never play everquest although I heard its glory.

If I play this, my time will be... gone. Glad they have super priced fee on it ;) .

.....It's going to be F2P so, your time will be gone anyway.  Soonâ„¢

Also, the Ever quest next theme will be high-fantasy. 

I should hide in my cave :(

But we'd love to see what you'd come up with!!!  :wub:

Especially knowing you're a artist already, hehe.

But we'd love to see what you'd come up with!!!  :wub:

Especially knowing you're a artist already, hehe.

It involve many dragons. Like:

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei-hQ-v5cbM

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za7hKc6uzRQ

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaScPLxFzFI

I joined the alpha test a few days ago. That game really looks promising, it's a lot of fun so far.

had to buy into it 100$  i guess. i hope worth, it.  loved asherons call for yrs. hearing they are stopping updates and plan to go free to play one day.  left AC for eq for a few yrs loved it a ton till wow and eq2 took 70% of theplayers.  enjoy eq2 still off and on. hard to play with so much wurm goals still to do.

thought why not have a 2nd game to play.  and if one a fun and long lasting one eqn  .  and landmark being something like wurmish.

real fun installing. my net keeps having issues and resetting the install.  i'f lucky i'll get to play a few min before bed time tonight.

EQNL alpha ends today, the servers will be down for 2 days before Closed Beta starts on Wednesday, March 26th. So far, the experience has been amazing; here are some of my screenshots:

F3ITlXD.jpg
Found a nice spot to place my deed ("claim")

DqKPpTr.jpg
The first layout of my main building

Tq5M6rz.jpg
Made some progress

PiPpqKU.jpg
The desert at sunset

ntBmirt.jpg
Moonlight over the tundra

• Like 1

Thanks for update on the closed beta start. I haven't played for weeks due mainly to this coming alpha wipe. What I have built thus far has all been on a mountainside and I seriously doubt it will template to another location due to conforming to the mountain contours. May start to play some again once cbeta is up.

=Ayes=

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Elen, March 25, 2014 - Discussion of moderation outside proper channels and/or quoting posts doing such.
Hidden by Elen, March 25, 2014 - Discussion of moderation outside proper channels and/or quoting posts doing such.

Might as well delete this one too.

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Elen, March 25, 2014 - Discussion of moderation outside proper channels and/or quoting posts doing such.
Hidden by Elen, March 25, 2014 - Discussion of moderation outside proper channels and/or quoting posts doing such.

lol.. bound to happen... 

View hidden Post

???

View hidden Post
Posted (edited) · Hidden by Elen, March 25, 2014 - Discussion of moderation outside proper channels and/or quoting posts doing such.

???

Deleted LiF ( Life is Feudal ) because we talked about the game in WoodScraps...

Edited by Protunia

View hidden Post

Deleted LiF ( Life is Feudal ) because we talked about the game in WoodScraps...

Unbelievable! Strange things are happening in this Wurm universe lately....    :(

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Shrimpiie, March 25, 2014 - Removed - Trolling
Hidden by Shrimpiie, March 25, 2014 - Removed - Trolling

This game sure has some awesome graphics!! :D

Thanks for update on the closed beta start. I haven't played for weeks due mainly to this coming alpha wipe. What I have built thus far has all been on a mountainside and I seriously doubt it will template to another location due to conforming to the mountain contours. May start to play some again once cbeta is up.

=Ayes=

So how was the overall gameplay during the time you did get to play?

So how was the overall gameplay during the time you did get to play?

I seem to have an aversion to it that I can not specifically pinpoint. The building aspect is all about stretching the objects into various expanded configurations of a small block. The end result can be creative but is also limited somehow. Each players claim is randomly connected to the others, so there is no road network to develop like in Wurm. Players can only build on their small restricted sized claim. No trees, terraforming or adding to the environment outside of ones own claim in other than a short term manner which will quickly revert is possible. In my opinion this random claim system is disjointed, restrictive and just contributes to isolationism.

My tendency is to avoid logging into the game when I have the thought to do so. This is not to say that I won't play it again with some enjoyment but just that my impressions thus far do not draw me into it as Wurm does every day. Wurm just suits my desire to improve my own settlements within it and the areas surrounding them, where I know that Landmark will never be able to provide this due to its small claim style building aspects without building opportunities outside of them.

Without going into much further detail this is just the game as I see it through mostly uninspired eyes. I am sure it will appeal to others for different reasons but there is no need to defend their position on my account; therefore, I wish them well in their ventures and enjoyment within this game.

=Ayes=

Does anyone know how eqnl compares to Rust? I'm probably only getting one of the two games.

hey add me as friend in EQNL   also i have two codes left for any wurm player with more then 300 wurm forum posts. pm me

lol,  validate ingame name too. and current living on serenity.  i like the name.  easy to move around i hear.

Edited by validate
  • Like 1

Does anyone know how eqnl compares to Rust? I'm probably only getting one of the two games.

Completely different games.

Landmark is primarily a sandbox crafting game (no skills, you progress through crafted gear sets, but anyone can hand you the best tools/gear and it is just as valid as making them).  The world crafting/building tools are also crafted, so you need to build/access better workstations to build better gear to collect resources to... rinse and repeat.

Rust tends to be CoD: Frat Party Edition.

Again, no skills, just resource collecting to craft gear to improve resource collecting to craft more/better gear.  In the middle of a free-for-all round of Call of Duty.

Both are fun, but your mileage may vary.