Sign in to follow this  
Druidnature

Everquest Next Landmark!

The thing where u log in. Can take u else where and I guess we have to use it to get other tiers of resources. So it doesn't matter. Best to make home on tier one some say so far. Just easier to get basics. Then go explore tier two and three when need other items

It takes copper ore to pay "upkeep" so i placed mine in a copper rich area in a tier one server.but it seem the top tier servers are most populated so...idk

Edited by Kegan

Rose, each server hosts 50 "islands" or "continents". If you know any other people playing Landmark you should try to chose the same server, because chat channels usually are server specific. Apart from that it doesn't really matter which server you start on, they may differ in latency (ping) though, depending on where they are located. Two (or 3?) servers are located in the EU, the others in the US, afaik.

If you have specific questions about Landmark, send me a PM. (Might be safer... ;) )

Edited by Yaga

ouch.. my 3gb ram and dual core cpu take a hit on the game.... it is sorta unplayable when i go to tier 2 island... (well it already sorta unplayable on tier 1 but i still can explore.. crawling-ly). I do need to upgrade my ram for many purposes... will see if ram upgrade allows me to play this game. but that need to wait till I do my contract works and get paycheck :) .

I have to keep all settings low. To play seems ok. Haven't gone to other tiers. But did see about ten players on my server serenity. I think it's called .

Only got to play alpha one day. And beta took four hrs to download so only played 30 min last night. Looking foward to playing. This weekend

• Like 1

Is it against Wurm rules to sell Trailblazer shareable beta keys to Wurm players for in game silver to anyone who wants to be in LM Beta?  Does anyone know?

8 ) You may not use the Wurm forums to sell or advertise the sale of products which are illegal, or are not concerned with Wurm Online.

Well, I guess that answers it, lol.

Edited by Eyesgood

They changed the name of the game. It is now officially called "Landmark" (without the "Everquest Next..." part).

Edited by Yaga

Landmark is a better title I would say. Still haven't logged in though, even though the closed beta has started.

*shrugs*

=Ayes=

Mother of God.

Why haven't I known about this? I must beta. I'll make up some nonsense name and come poke around. Maybe I'll see some of you in there.

edit: typo. ugh. name. game. game. name.

Twenty Dwarves Took Turns doing Handstands on the Carpet.

Edited by Makarus

a small learning curve.  took me hrs to collect teir 4 items to make a few things i needed next.  rare trees a pain but other then that. its fun gathering.  and i just made a floor and 2 walls with all my craft stations today.   i can see thig game being a fun past time. while wurm is updating ect.  or just need a break.

if your about to start.  dont waste your first day building.  spend the time to upgrade your picks and get all the crafting stations to your claim.    you'll want better things when gathering trust me. much faster.  i'm about to get my colbolt pick soon  and then i can mine almost everything.  after that pick. just gathering a ton of mats. they max out at 100k  then add to your inv.  but you can bank that too. 

building a small place on day 2, just to see what its like. then gather 2-3 more days.  but if u have that potion for the 2 week gather bonus. i suggest gather 1/2 your play time and build the other half. till we get wiped again.

i'll admit i was ready to quit and come play wurm after first 3 hrs.  but dedicating the weekend to testing it out. since i spent 100 on it anyways. now that i'm building and that i have seen what others have done.  i can see me playing this  1/4 to 1/2 of my normal wurm time.   glad i have two computers . playing both at same time . lol not sure if i can really.  but i did teach my son how to cut trees and mine ;-)

I still have an unlimited beta key left, which I'll give away to a respected Wurm player with good community reputation. If you are interested, send me a PM.

Edited by Yaga

ughh i need to upgrade my memory badly or I can't play this. :(

It was promisingly fun even with my computer freeze out here and ther xD

Edited by rosedragon

Who of you is still playing?

Who of you is still playing?

Bit late, But I still am - off and on mostly.......Most waiting for caves, or mobs.

off and on for me too.  loving the game. but kinda want to wait till open beta. i think we'll have critters to hunt.  till then wurm and no eve online taking my time

I -just- now saw this while installing a video driver update. I was thinking about putting my investment into it if it's really worth it. Is it worth all $99 i would put towards it, or would it just be something that I could throw a ten at and be happy.

As of current standing, anyways.

i kinda wish i did the 50$ one .  nice few tools.  and maybe worth it after release.  but now after alpha. better for just the middle road

I -just- now saw this while installing a video driver update. I was thinking about putting my investment into it if it's really worth it. Is it worth all $99 i would put towards it, or would it just be something that I could throw a ten at and be happy.

As of current standing, anyways.

Not easy to answer; it really depends on what you like and what you don't. I for one am playing this game since Alpha - started to play in March and play every day since then. I like it a lot, so for me it's definitely worth the money. (99$ is about the amount you'll pay for 1 night out at a good restaurant together with your lady, so it's up to you to compare :) )

So, I'm afraid you'll only be able to answer that question for yourself. If you are looking for a mainstream MMO with a lot of content, or if you want to PvP/PvE a lot, you shouldn't spend money on Landmark. If you are the creative type and would like to build an infinite variety of structures, only limited by your fantasy and creativeness, then by all means: go ahead and buy it.

However, if you are not sure and want to try: there are still ways to obtain an unlimited beta key for free. Some founder players still have some left and there are regular competitions where you can get one. I suggest to have a look at the Landmark forum...

I got a beta key and spent yesterday crawling around, until I was tired of the terrible lag. Going to try and pop around to other servers and see if it might be a bit better. It does seem like a LOT of digging, but that never stopped me in Wurm. I just wish it was caves. :D

I got a beta key and spent yesterday crawling around, until I was tired of the terrible lag. Going to try and pop around to other servers and see if it might be a bit better. It does seem like a LOT of digging, but that never stopped me in Wurm. I just wish it was caves. :D

Caves are coming soon (what i'm mostly waiting on)  They'll be implemented, and then fleshed out over a period of few weeks/months.

Caves are coming soon (what i'm mostly waiting on)  They'll be implemented, and then fleshed out over a period of few weeks/months.

Can't wait for that! My key is only for 7 days, but if there's caves...

Kind of lapsed into a coma of boredom, while playing around in Landmark. I'm not thrilled on voxels or the intital 'make a tool to make a new tool to make another tool' thing. It's just the beginning though, so it could get less dull. It does look great and I like the grappling hook. :)