Sign in to follow this  
MattSquare

Enchanting Bugged

I read on the forum a couple weeks ago that enchanting had possibly been nerfed. I tried a bunch of casts

on my Vynora priest on Epic with 56 channeling (around 80 effective). I got many sub-50 casts, and a LOT of sub-30. My brother has access to a priest on Chaos with 90 channeling, and he had similar results. Both priests have 32-33 soul depth and 100 alignment. The average cast power and number of 70+ casts has drastically dropped for both of us, and this hurts PvP, where good casts are needed on gear. Please fix this, as we are not the only ones to have noticed this problem.

• Like 1

This will probably get a response of 'things working as intended' or an 'intentional nerf' and not an actual server bug. 

Regardless, I have nothing more to add as I am not in possession of a priest.

Casting is too random to even tell if there was a nerf.

If you posted a thread like this after any patch, people would jump in saying that their casting has gotten worse.

I got a couple 100+ casts and mostly 80+ one day with something like 50 effective.

Casting is random, good priests are just more likely to get good casts, not guaranteed to.

• Like 1

Some days you won't get above 70, some days you won't get below 70

it happens, it's not a bug, and yes it sucks, so just keep channeling

hell, considering how many people have been complaining about this lately, maybe channeling works off of a server-wide factor that affects some priests to some degree... like there's no way of knowing

Vynora hates you, clearly.

EDIT: Or Magranon, if you're one of these strange people who like FA

Edited by Aetherwalker

Some days you won't get above 70, some days you won't get below 70

it happens, it's not a bug, and yes it sucks, so just keep channeling

hell, considering how many people have been complaining about this lately, maybe channeling works off of a server-wide factor that affects some priests to some degree... like there's no way of knowing

I still stick to my stupid theory of whining = better casts... You'd be surprised how many people have actually noticed better casts after whining about it lol

I've noticed the same, Enchanting has been nerfed, i haven't been enchanting for the best part of 4 months, only recently i started again. I've been getting 30 powers, the rare 70 power.

4 months ago i was getting 80's and 90's at least every so often, Now i haven't got a single 90. This tells me its been nerfed.

And not just a bad streak, i've been casting for well over a week now.

"Did you just start playing this game?", is what I think pretty much every Nintendojoe post at the moment, step it up a bit please.

Enchanating has been nerfed as hell. My priest is practically useless at 50+ channeling. No cast seems to go over 50 and any imping fails ( frowns ) all the time. It wasnt like this before, the casts have been change and its very much noticable if you spend some days casting.

I've noticed the same, Enchanting has been nerfed, i haven't been enchanting for the best part of 4 months, only recently i started again. I've been getting 30 powers, the rare 70 power.

4 months ago i was getting 80's and 90's at least every so often, Now i haven't got a single 90. This tells me its been nerfed.

And not just a bad streak, i've been casting for well over a week now.

Sounds normal to me, I've by no means got access to an amazing priest, but I can get a 90 with some effort. Enchanting isn't easy, should stay that way.

I've had "bad streaks" last for a month, then a string of 80-90's.

• Like 2

Enchanting seems fine for me.  Can still easily get 70-90 casts, just as I easily have bad luck streaks.

Sounds normal to me, I've by no means got access to an amazing priest, but I can get a 90 with some effort. Enchanting isn't easy, should stay that way.

I've had "bad streaks" last for a month, then a string of 80-90's.

There is nothing normal about it, Its been nerfed from what it was, its not a "oh you got a bad streak" 

Since the following updates something has been nerfed with priests, Loads of people are beginning to notice it.

I have noticed a big difference since i took a break from enchanting those months ago, and i was enchanting practically every other day before that. 

Edited by Maximustehgreat

There is nothing normal about it, Its been nerfed from what it was, its not a "oh you got a bad streak" 

Since the following updates something has been nerfed with priests, Loads of people are beginning to notice it.

Or loads of people are just having a bad streak...

Noticed same.

I have done thousands of casts and know about all its randoms, but now this Does feel strange.

91chan vyn.

Few days ago did around 70 woa casts on clean horse shoes, got only 4x 70+.

Few days later, 80-90 casts, 11x 70+, better now but still feels worse then it used to be while ago.

And doing countless amount of casting you do learn to "feel" your priest to notice such changes.

This touches on a theory I have had for a long time - that is, that Rolf routinely changes server code without telling anyone.  He does it with no release notes, no comments, no feedback requests, nothing.... just a decision on his part to react to something that is going on at the moment in the forums or IRC.  Maybe it's due to threads like this, or maybe just his own preferences to manipulate the game world in some perceived way.  And because Wurm stats are not officially published, there is no true way to verify changes or identify bugs.

If this is true (and I am not saying it is or isn't - just a theory) then it is a bad practice.  Why?  Because, as this thread amply points out, people KNOW when things change, even if the change is ever so slight .  They feel it, they sense it, and just know it.  Such tweaks do not help the game in my opinion.  It causes confusion, frustration, and ultimately less trust in the game's mechanics.  It turns people away ultimately.

Wurm's release notes need to be thorough, detailed documentation.  Also, it's just good programming practice to tell your users what you changed and why.

If Rolf would release more of the game's real calculations, the community would be able to identify and report exploitable game mechanics and everyone would benefit.

• Like 4

Rolf routinely changes server code without telling anyone

I do not believe that !

Have you ever asked yourself why worm has 3 moons... :)

This touches on a theory I have had for a long time - that is, that Rolf routinely changes server code without telling anyone.  He does it with no release notes, no comments, no feedback requests, nothing.... just a decision on his part to react to something that is going on at the moment in the forums or IRC.  Maybe it's due to threads like this, or maybe just his own preferences to manipulate the game world in some perceived way.  And because Wurm stats are not officially published, there is no true way to verify changes or identify bugs.

If this is true (and I am not saying it is or isn't - just a theory) then it is a bad practice.  Why?  Because, as this thread amply points out, people KNOW when things change, even if the change is ever so slight .  They feel it, they sense it, and just know it.  Such tweaks do not help the game in my opinion.  It causes confusion, frustration, and ultimately less trust in the game's mechanics.  It turns people away ultimately.

Wurm's release notes need to be thorough, detailed documentation.  Also, it's just good programming practice to tell your users what you changed and why.

If Rolf would release more of the game's real calculations, the community would be able to identify and report exploitable game mechanics and everyone would benefit.

Personally, I'd hate for Rolf to tell us every single in and out of Wurm, so would many other players. Right now everyone plays their own way, and with a small bit of effort you can test most things yourself and find out what works and what doesn't. How to grind skills is a perfect example of that. If you can pull your finger out and test something, you'll find out what works best for what....

Personally, I'd hate for Rolf to tell us every single in and out of Wurm, so would many other players. Right now everyone plays their own way, and with a small bit of effort you can test most things yourself and find out what works and what doesn't. How to grind skills is a perfect example of that. If you can pull your finger out and test something, you'll find out what works best for what....

Small effort?

I'd rather see Rolf being completely open about how and what he changes. And why he changed it.

Right now theres nerfs on things nobody sees coming.

• Like 1

I have been struggling to get decent casts recently, just put it down to bad luck but then threads like this make me wonder.

I just re-premed by priest last month and noticed crappier casts overall than I had gotten a several months before, the last time he had premium.

Small effort?

I'd rather see Rolf being completely open about how and what he changes. And why he changed it.

Right now theres nerfs on things nobody sees coming.

"small effort" was in reference to certain things, like how people complain about stats being slow to grind, certain skills being horribly slow etc. In 10mins you can find out what works and what doesn't. With casting, a bit of effort in testing goes a long way.