Sign in to follow this  
Muzk

Elevation - Free to play. It must be done.

Playing with others, it generally does.

Did you never have any conflict playing with legos as a kid? I doubt it.

That's not pvp. That's conflict between players over pve stuff. There's a big difference there.

Pvp in this game is based on the same ticks used in digging, mining, farming etc. If there was no pvp, we'd still have a game where we can build and create our deed, farm, etc. However, if there was no digging and creating your fortress for pvp, the game would then be entirely based on combat ticks and be a downgrade from other sandbox games. It would likely be rather unpopular at that point.

Edited by Anders

The truth is that just too much grief would come from it.  There's just no doubt in my mind if you put f2p on Elevation you would have the same issues you had on Wild.  There was alts all the time running around, checking locals prior to raids, abusing, attacking people, stealing, etc.  The map is so small as-is you would be riddled with alts easily able to move from one corner of the map to another.  

On paper it would be nice for recruiting but the truth is there's so much more room for abuse with f2p alts especially in Wurm where there's virtually no rules against it. 

Orly.....SO what you're saying is the Home Servers are Abused??? Right???   Just want to get this out there 100% 

And that's ok enough to have this Idea from some to remove the CR bonus?? despite these same people abusing the alt system there.

I am sorry it just seems to me somewhat Hypocritical in a few ways to listen to people from Elevation talk about this issue of F2P and knowing all they have said in the past and what they have done on Home Servers.

Pretty much par for the course I would say.....Protect the least populated Server  as much as possible from anything, but always wanting to trash the hand that feeds you.

On Paper my Ass....................Whats good for the Goose is good for the Gander I say.

This all reminds me off the QQing before F2P was allowed on Indy.....Remember that one?? and the Huge Boost to Population after?

Edited by Protunia

This all reminds me off the QQing before F2P was allowed on Indy.....Remember that one?? and the Huge Boost to Population after?

All player alts... :P;)

Anyways, don't you find it very coincidental that this topic arose now, after Rolf disabled wrapping? This was the only server that was really affected by the removal... 

Regardless, I could care less if they get them or not.

The truth is that just too much grief would come from it.  There's just no doubt in my mind if you put f2p on Elevation you would have the same issues you had on Wild.  There was alts all the time running around, checking locals prior to raids, abusing, attacking people, stealing, etc.  The map is so small as-is you would be riddled with alts easily able to move from one corner of the map to another.  

On paper it would be nice for recruiting but the truth is there's so much more room for abuse with f2p alts especially in Wurm where there's virtually no rules against it. 

Well, with the amount of spy alting which happened in the past on Affliction and BLe. In my opinion this won't be a major issue. Unless the alt is a premium alt, it really cant do all that much.

And in either case, There are many measures which you can take to battle "spy" alts. Such as the measures taken on chaos (no catapult dragging etc)

You could also introduce increasingly longer respawn timers for every death.

Coloring the name of a person in the local tab if hes f2p is an option.

Or entirly different would be to mess with a spy alts local by just removing it entirely.

Keep in mind, these are just of the top of my head.

The whole idea of putting f2p people on Elevation is to actually show them pvp. Right now, the free- homeservers don't do a very good job for that.

And yes afcoarse, we could nerf homeservers further. But in truth, that will just make people quit. The only way to get new people to try pvp on Elevation, is to make it inviting for them to actually go there.

Use the carrot, not the stick. f2p Elevation would help in this regard, as there is no loss to just take a quick look. And in addition, new people doing the tuterial could be recommended to start on Elevation once they get to the portals.

There are plenty of solutions to a single problem which is seemingly the only reason that people don't like this suggestion.

Which is also why I dislike the random -1 or +1 idea (even though I do it myself) since people don't put a reason behind their opinion, and more importantly: dont think further than their deeds about possible solutions to make a suggestion work. They just see a single negative side and dive into it. But thats a different problem. 

Anyway, that's why i'm 100% for any suggestions that use the carrot and not the stick to make Elevation a better place.

Non-premium can't stealth, you need 21 body control for that now.

Anyway, -1.