Sign in to follow this  
Muzk

Elevation - Free to play. It must be done.

Do people really have to hijack every single thread to tell us how bad PvP is? And what's worse is that nobody ever offers a solution; they just say "the system sucks, change it." Either that or they demand it be made into a no-loot Chivalry knockoff.

• Like 2

last i was aware main purpose of the game was to be focused in combat then sandbox

(Free account come and go equally as they don't know the game.)

All PVP servers, including Chaos, at the time of this post online 326 (28.5%).

All Freedom servers 796 (69.5%)

Total - 1138

Telling me this is a PVP combat game?

There are more Freedomers than PvPers, therefore your playstyle is invalid and you should not be allowed to make suggestions regarding PvP.

Fixed it for you.

• Like 8

at least there's not a 'holier-than-thou' attitude everywhere pvp is mentioned

I LIED 

• Like 3

Free accounts if they can only go 20 tiles off a starter deed :D

• Like 1

Total - 1138

this doesn't even pertain to freedom players, your argument towards the playerbase of pvpers and non pvpers has nothing to do with the actual proposition. I propose that a new map be added similar to elevation where all kingdoms can reside, but make it f2p only, that seems like it would give the f2p players a taste of a true pvp server, encourage pvp as a whole and make people strive to work towards eventually being able to be in the premium elevation server. 

this doesn't even pertain to freedom players, your argument towards the playerbase of pvpers and non pvpers has nothing to do with the actual proposition. I propose that a new map be added similar to elevation where all kingdoms can reside, but make it f2p only, that seems like it would give the f2p players a taste of a true pvp server, encourage pvp as a whole and make people strive to work towards eventually being able to be in the premium elevation server. 

so golden valley 2.0

or what already exists, affliction, (-the f2p only)

Total - 1138

And this random PvP-hate is for what purpose?

I mean, it contributes with something to the thread or is just for the sake of flaming?

Edited by Alec

Absolutely not. 

Can you imaging the trouble all kingdoms would have with a bunch of spy alts/ griefer alts running around ? It does'nt bear thinking about.

Elevation - Free to play. It must be done.

DO IT FOR YOUR WALLET

hm

• Like 2

And this random PvP-hate is for what purpose?

I mean, it contributes with something to the thread or is just for the sake of flaming?

I was ripping the foundations out of an argument. F2P Elevation won't create some miracle wave of new PVP players.

last i was aware main purpose of the game was to be focused in combat then sandbox

Focused on pvp by the devs? Yes.

Missing out on what's actually addicting about the game as a result on focusing on pvp? Also yes.

Wurm is a sandbox. Most people play the game to play it as a sandbox. The combat is extra in a lot of people's eyes.

Combat/conflict is part of any real multiplayer sandbox.

The devs are simply adding more sand to the sandbox when they work on pvp features.

Combat/conflict is part of any real multiplayer sandbox.

The devs are simply adding more sand to the sandbox when they work on pvp features.

That's incorrect actually. A sandbox does not need combat in order to be a sandbox.

If you're playing with legos, your WWE action figures are an afterthought.

The truth is that just too much grief would come from it.  There's just no doubt in my mind if you put f2p on Elevation you would have the same issues you had on Wild.  There was alts all the time running around, checking locals prior to raids, abusing, attacking people, stealing, etc.  The map is so small as-is you would be riddled with alts easily able to move from one corner of the map to another.  

On paper it would be nice for recruiting but the truth is there's so much more room for abuse with f2p alts especially in Wurm where there's virtually no rules against it. 

• Like 1

Playing with others, it generally does.

Did you never have any conflict playing with legos as a kid? I doubt it.