Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Client hack bans

You should look at which ip's logged in to those accounts, then ban all accounts that were also used by the same ip's. These are just stooge accounts from some famous people.

Yes sir, you'd see a lot of people getting owned by his... But it give it some time I doubt it's over with..

IP ban also solve nothing as you can easily changes IP. If just it is possible to do ban to MAC address.

Hmm, it's been a while since a banlist was published. Curious that I only recognize a name or two amongst them- Marley, for one. Well, good job.

Jonneh? Why is that the only name that sounds familiar to me... 

Because he seems to have been stupid enough to use a main account for such actions.

IP ban also solve nothing as you can easily changes IP. If just it is possible to do ban to MAC address.

I can easily spoof my MAC-Address and my IP address so both would be a waste of time.

Edited by Sklo:D

should start looking to see what ip's are affiliated with these accounts, and ban any accounts with the same ip addresses as well. Would stop people from hacking on alts to keep there main accounts safe. I'm sure Rolf keeps a history/log of what ip an account uses.

Edited by ausimus

I hope these bannings include all Macro users or anyone that uses third party programs to automate actions in Wurm.

Anyone that does memory editing, speed changing, map revealing, packet sniffing, client hexing, etc etc etc.  BAN THEM ALL FOR GOOD.

Thank you

The problem with anything tied to ip linked actions is

Your home connection is a single ip address

So if there is 1 more users on that connection

There all effected

And some internet providers don't provide a static

Ip address ( to prevent selfhosting or other reasons)

To staff

Good job. I'm sure all the footwork on the offenders

From personal experence a perma ban wouldn't be used

Unless there is no doubt

You guys realize that they don't IP ban people.

Look at Zarnibuddha, hacked and abused bugs, came back and still plays to this day

"cough" tonygreen "cough" 

• Like 1

should start looking to see what ip's are affiliated with these accounts, and ban any accounts with the same ip addresses as well. Would stop people from hacking on alts to keep there main accounts safe. I'm sure Rolf keeps a history/log of what ip an account uses.

There is a little percent chance that you will be banned with all your accounts too if something like this would be done. (chance is similar but extremely small for everyone)

Edited by Sklo:D

"cough" tonygreen "cough" 

You have nerve to mention anyone else. You shoulda got banned for logging into boneflys account and robbing it...

• Like 2

We constantly gather information about client hacks and since the last update we have gone through our logs and found the following to have used them:

Masaykh

Sayuri

Theoddsock

Einwurmian

Kaahn

Foxdrop

Lordneon

Marley

Farseer

Darkneon

Rookeh

Jellyman

Richuk

Oddsock

Kurosaru

Clonie

Fatemonger

Meanzie

Jonneh

Skaven

Bluemoonrising

Mephistopheles

Throud

Shikohadou

Fabern

Susie

Eggbaconandspam

Davieg

Soloriding

Jakebullard

Stoman

Sayuri

Randomhavocz

There is no doubt these accounts have used modified clients to connect to Wurm and they are subsequently permanently banned.

We will never stop improving our detection techniques and using any sort of hacks is a great risk you take. We constantly gather data which sometimes takes time to look through.

In case you do use hacks of any sort that we detect you may be banned at any time afterwards even if you just try it once. This means you think you're safe then one day your account is worthless and all your effort is void which may be the case in some of these cases.

good job man, nice to see a developer actually work to stop hackers +++++1

• Like 1

I know that Fatemonger account. I've seen it before on Chaos. That Fatemonger account is an enemy spy alt that was always seen lurking around in MR territory on Chaos late last year.

It looked like it was exploring the area... possibly mapping it with a hack. We killed it every chance we could.

Did whoever own that account get banned as well?

• Like 1

To Roman:

While you'll likely not believe a word i'll say, brainwashing and all. That toon was a shared vynora priest account, the owner quit or went inactive. Marley has had access to this account and I think 4 others on that list. The times you've seen the account roaming MR lands are likely to be the old owner or another friend. I don't think Marley has been playing chaos for a heck of a long time so you have no worries that he could have mapped your wooden shacks.

If for whatever reason the account was used on chaos for map hacks, it was for personal use and we are unaware.

Of course I don't believe a word you say. You contradicted yourself.

You reassure me that it wasn't mapping MR lands but spill the beans by telling me that it's a shared Vynora priest account and that you're no longer aware of anything regarding it. Shared amongst who? JK members? I think you know more than what you tell me.

In the year I've been on Chaos, I have heard of many reports of hacking from spy alts, including speedhacks. I have also witnessed some very suspicious and unexplained things. I've seen players pull vanishing acts, teleport through cave walls and detect stealthed players in even the most remote locations. It's obvious that up until the time of this thread that hacks were still a problem and will probably continue to be.

Edited by RomaN
  • Like 3

Jesus Christ Roman. Sort your head out.

I'd continue explaining but there is no point. Your very thin tunnel vision will lead you no where. Most of your information is from 'reports' from other people who are completely deranged too, Obviously if there were a big deal of hacks going on like you assume is happening, obviously from your enemy, JK side, that list would be full of those players which it is not.

The game is still far from perfect and I have witnessed oddities within the game but can be explained when you put a bit of logic into it. You always think the worst and foul play from your enemy half where I can be pretty damn certain there were no foul play involved or a probable accidental bug.

That list afaik is majority Epic players, I've only ever seen 3 on Freedom/Chaos.

Most of your information is from 'reports' from other people who are completely deranged too

I've seen some of it for myself as well. Especially the incident at The Hot Gate. Do you think I'm deranged too?

From that list I know of Fatemonger because I've seen the account in action before. It was running around aimlessly, ignoring everything it was attacked by.

That list afaik is majority Epic players, I've only ever seen 3 on Freedom/Chaos.

Hey buddy, don't go around postin accusations like dat

I have seen more map dumps of freedom servers than any other server

Yes Roman, there is no doubt about it from your history of assumption exploit discussions. I can't believe you still think something was up that day at THG, i figure you put in GM reports about it and came back no evidence. I will put it down to server lag / out of sync in some way.

If you really think players had special vanishing hacks, do you think any of us would die, ever? Did that one cross your mind buddy? Those people who you assume of exploiting have died on occasions, i'm sure they would have avoided it. Seeing as everything has real world value, I'm quite certain if we did have Ky0ra.exe it wouldn't be selective use. Securing profits and such.

Hey buddy, don't go around postin accusations like dat

I have seen more map dumps of freedom servers than any other server

Okay, my bad.

Even I can't explain what exactly happened at THG that day nor can I explain speedhacking, players running into seperate unlinked cave systems and discovering stealthed players in remote locations but I know what I saw and experienced.

All this aside, you still can't deny the existence of players using map hacks. We all know they exist.

Before the official map dumps were released by Rolf, the very first player-made public exodus map was based off a hacked map dump that was obtained by googling "Exo Map Dump". It was very crude but accurate, it showed the entire map including where all the clay/tar deposits were.

Fatemonger was banned as part of this client hack sweep. I'll never know what type of hack he used but judging from what I saw and how the account behaved, I will assume the account was mapping the area.

I don't see 1 Epic name on that o_O

Yeah, they didn't catch me, haha stupid devs.

• Like 4