Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Client hack bans

I think atleast one of these players was unjustly banned

Guess you missed this:

"There is no doubt these accounts have used modified clients to connect to Wurm and they are subsequently permanently banned."

Don't trust anyone you know in an online game (applies for real life as well)

Good job in catching those cheaters, Rolf. Catch more!

• Like 1

Crush them like the cockroaches they are! Good riddance! Justified! 

=Ayes=

• Like 3

i didn't miss it, i just dont trust rolfs statement that they know without a doubt

Banning IPs does nothing to prevent hacks.

What he does now does even less. It's mostly just alts.

I am now worried what if I get a virus that interigates other comps excetera will that flag me.  Or what if I get a data glitch in my game file could that possibly flag me I would hate to be banned.  At the same time if there is no chance of error then I am exstatic as I am tired of hackers destroying game s I love.

Trepid

I am now worried what if I get a virus that interigates other comps excetera will that flag me.  Or what if I get a data glitch in my game file could that possibly flag me I would hate to be banned.  At the same time if there is no chance of error then I am exstatic as I am tired of hackers destroying game s I love.

Trepid

same, if the accusations and wrongful bans aren't / can't be fixed then i dont see much security in continuing myself

same, if the accusations and wrongful bans aren't / can't be fixed then i dont see much security in continuing myself

As Rolf said, there is no way those bans could be wrong, there are logs which cover all of the banned accounts.

Trepid

You don't have to be worried at all, all the bans have been issued by hand after looking into the logs. Simple game file corruption would not lead to ban, of course.

• Like 3

Is this something related to 'certain enraged person' pasting links to wurm macro / cheat thing?

Nope.

I think atleast one of these players was unjustly banned

I don't know who you're referring to, and this is not to do with any account mentioned in this thread, but it's worth noting that sometimes when we ban macroers, their friends contact us saying such and such is a great person. They've known them for months/years, they'd never cheat/macro, please reconsider. Well we generally either have irrefutable evidence to the contrary and/or sometimes the player in question has even come clean and admitted to using the macro further down the road. I never know who to feel worse for, the player who has decided to come clean and apologise, but who has lost their account, or the friend who has been lied to/duped.

• Like 8

Pwned.

Thanks for doing what you can to keep the cheaters out. (Although the naming and shaming seems to be an unusual departure from most other games)

Good job, cant wait to see many many more names added to that list!

(Obviously some rumors i been hearing last months about some hackers might be true afterall..)

Go LO ban fest v2.0 :D

Nope.

I don't know who you're referring to, and this is not to do with any account mentioned in this thread, but it's worth noting that sometimes when we ban macroers, their friends contact us saying such and such is a great person. They've known them for months/years, they'd never cheat/macro, please reconsider. Well we generally either have irrefutable evidence to the contrary and/or sometimes the player in question has even come clean and admitted to using the macro further down the road. I never know who to feel worse for, the player who has decided to come clean and apologise, but who has lost their account, or the friend who has been lied to/duped.

i understand thats why im not bringing up any names, though i still stand by my statement and it is one of the players listed and not saying more - i wish there was a flawless system available to rid the world of the people that do make it unfair for other players

Susie belongs to jools still? Recognize some of these names.The majority are alts.

Huh? Never had an account by the name of Susie, only had Pombear, Rozare and Jools.

rumors spread fast right Jools? im saddened by this public post

I assume this was just on the Chaos and Freedom servers?

Huh? Never had an account by the name of Susie, only had Pombear, Rozare and Jools.

Wrong person then.

Pwned.

Thanks for doing what you can to keep the cheaters out. (Although the naming and shaming seems to be an unusual departure from most other games)

Not to mention their own rules, but i like it.

• Like 1

Jonneh? Why is that the only name that sounds familiar to me... 

Because that's the only main (and a long time player too). The rest are all alts/bicycles/wurm lite players.

You should look at which ip's logged in to those accounts, then ban all accounts that were also used by the same ip's. These are just stooge accounts from some famous people.

Edited by Judicator
  • Like 6

You guys realize that they don't IP ban people.

Look at Zarnibuddha, hacked and abused bugs, came back and still plays to this day

• Like 2

You should look at which ip's logged in to those accounts, then ban all accounts that were also used by the same ip's. These are just stooge accounts from some famous people.

I do understand you view there but as I am a father I wold be extreamly up set if my account was banned because my Daughter used a hack or something.  Granted I would also be upset that my daughter did that.  Still in some houses more then one player uses the same IP to play the game like two brothers you would have the good brother banned for the actions of the bad one?  Although I agree if all we do is ban the alts of cheaters then they are likely to remain in game and make a new alt to cheat with.  Saddly there is no easy nor perfect answer.

• Like 3