Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Client hack bans

Hey buddy, don't go around postin accusations like dat

I have seen more map dumps of freedom servers than any other server

You do realize that Rolf made those map dumps, don't you?  All Freedomers did with them was overlay a roadmap and city locations.  Rolf does not do dumps of the pvp servers for obvious reasons.

You do realize that Rolf made those map dumps, don't you?  All Freedomers did with them was overlay a roadmap and city locations.  Rolf does not do dumps of the pvp servers for obvious reasons.

what are you talking about?  Rolf has done several dumps of PvP serves, most notably Chaos, and we are probably overdue for another one.   

• Like 2

*sigh* Rolf made map dumps of each server public due to the over-abuse of illegal map dumps. For a time there was several such, even ones pathetically disquised as hand-made maps. Though the public dumps Rolf made were of the islands' initial creation.

In some cases such as servers made inactive or to show large scale changes overtime, updated legitimate map dumps have been made. The Chaos/Wild server is a good example.

Course active dumps of the surrounding local area are a whole nother ballgame.

Awesome Rolf, i love seeing these guys go.

And this fool, registered a forum account to be sarcastic, must be one of them:

Something you did and I agree....It's an extra special day!

Omgderp:

1. get a proper handle

2. go play another game

3. sarcasm is indicative of many bad things that have gone wrong in your life...

It is nice to see "bad guys" are removed from game. I just hope their houses, ships and other belongings, what can't be transfered to other wurmians now, were removed with them. We do not want to wait ages for decay to solve it itself.

The houses will decay quite quickly as the accounts will now be flagged as inactive I believe. As for their ships and stuff, I think it could be very difficult to delete that stuff without accidentally deleting stuff that belonged to friends of theirs who didn't cheat, or even benefit from the cheating the banned users may have done. 

Because he seems to have been stupid enough to use a main account for such actions.

I can easily spoof my MAC-Address and my IP address so both would be a waste of time.

It's still additional hassle for you to go through. That's all bans are, additional hassle. Nothing is going to stop someone determined enough from finding another way to play, but they can deter to the point where people who just want to cheat say, meh, not worth it, and play something else.

I hope these bannings include all Macro users or anyone that uses third party programs to automate actions in Wurm.

Anyone that does memory editing, speed changing, map revealing, packet sniffing, client hexing, etc etc etc.  BAN THEM ALL FOR GOOD.

Thank you

The list in the OP is just Hackers. Macro bans are something else. If we posted a list of those... Man... that would be a long list...

• Like 6

It's still additional hassle for you to go through. That's all bans are, additional hassle. Nothing is going to stop someone determined enough from finding another way to play, but they can deter to the point where people who just want to cheat say, meh, not worth it, and play something else.

Yeah, but someone could log into with your MAC address and hack and then you get banned would that be fair?

I am pretty sure that wurm doesn't log the MAC address of their players.

Edited by Sklo:D

Thank you Rolf and Staff of Wurm. **bows**

Edited by Kyrmius

Rolf, i havent been online since i payed for my account last year, i recommend you unban me, serious dont shame for something i didnt do.....

Rolf, i havent been online since i payed for my account last year, i recommend you unban me, serious dont shame for something i didnt do.....

I am disappointment in you!

The list in the OP is just Hackers. Macro bans are something else. If we posted a list of those... Man... that would be a long list...

Prove it and make the list!

You should look at which ip's logged in to those accounts, then ban all accounts that were also used by the same ip's. These are just stooge accounts from some famous people.

what about ppl that shared accounts with them? u can never know what one person does, also ppl have bought accounts from others that might have them shared with the bad guys, what would u say when u get an account banned and u paid lots of money for it?

i'd say ban the accounts that log from same ip's on regular basis.

what about ppl that shared accounts with them? u can never know what one person does, also ppl have bought accounts from others that might have them shared with the bad guys, what would u say when u get an account banned and u paid lots of money for it?

i'd say ban the accounts that log from same ip's on regular basis.

Account sales

Code Club AB condones account and item sales, as we believe that players have the right to capitalize on their investment in Wurm.

However we do not offer our support or services for such activity and will not be held responsible for any remedial action or loss that occurs, as any such activity is entirely at your own risk.  Make sure to change both the password and the e-mail address after purchasing an account from another player. Failing to change these is a frequent cause of account theft.

Shared accounts:

Code Club AB does not condone sharing or contracting accounts.

Players entering any agreement concerning sharing or contracting accounts do so totally at their own risk.

We do not offer our support or services for such activity and will not be held responsible for any remedial action or loss that occurs, as any such activity is entirely at your own risk.

I would agree with a greater level of punishment like an IP ban or similar.  However, like others have said, it can be hard to enforce, this at least is a start.

Edited by Pollo

I am disappointment in you!

and? im disappintment in me? you dont even know me lol

• Like 1

Awesome Rolf, i love seeing these guys go.

And this fool, registered a forum account to be sarcastic, must be one of them:

Omgderp:

1. get a proper handle

2. go play another game

3. sarcasm is indicative of many bad things that have gone wrong in your life...

Marlon:

1. Sorry I didn't name myself after a fish with bad spelling.

2. I might after some Wurm, maybe Towns or A Game of Dwarves, we can vote if you want.

3. Oh crap well now you got me...gosh....my life is bad...that's deep and mean dude. :(

And likes others said, you shouldn't go accusing folks. I'm rather happy to grind and complain about it like any other player.

“It's wildly irritating to have invented something as revolutionary as sarcasm, only to have it abused by amateurs.â€

― Christopher Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal

Edited by Omgderp

I hope you catch them all! And macroers too. Macroing and exploiting bugs has pretty big impact in a game like Wurm where skills is everything.

It would be nice to see a macroer list as well, but I guess it could be harder to know that they are 100% guilty.

IP bans have never been a good thing though, when your ISP gives you a new IP every 2-4 weeks it's kinda pointless  and might lead to the wrong IPs being banned. I have had it happen to me once that I got a new IP and then couldn't access some forum I used to go to because my IP was banned, not becuase I did something but because I happened to get an IP address that someone else had used in a bad way.

Banning all accounts on a certain IP address because one of them ran hacks or macros could be an option, at least if the accounts have interacted in some way, like exchanging money or items. 

Lol look at the list of losers.

Edited by Morrowen
  • Like 1

You gotta be careful banning all the accounts that some dude logged into; or we might end up with LO V2.0 where honestly only a small amount of people in the town hacked but because most of them share their accounts the entire town and almost the entire kingdom practically got wiped out.

what are you talking about?  Rolf has done several dumps of PvP serves, most notably Chaos, and we are probably overdue for another one.   

Probably not the post for it but I would also like to see another Chaos mapdump as alot has changed since the last one and it would be cool to see it on a mapdump.

I just liked a post Battlepaw made what is going on?

• Like 2