Sign in to follow this  
Owesometothemax

What's the best way to tame an aggresive animal?

So I have been wanting to tame a wildcat for a while just for fun because they're kinda cute. But of course when I try to tame them they automatically get aggresive and attack me. Then I accidentally kill it and think about how me and my little wildcat could have been best friends.

So I make a little grave for it and bury it.

Wow.

Much cute.

Very sad.

Wow.

Lol that aside, I've been wondering, what's the best way to tame an aggresive animal without having to hurt or kill it?

Gate hop or house hop. Every time you fail, fall back in your protected area, right click no target and heal up. Repeat until successful.

Also, get the weapons out of your hands.

go into defensive stance and unequip your weapon and use the highest ql meat you can get.

• Like 1

unequip weapons, try to find a shield + armor.

Toggle defensive on and have a safe place to run for healing.

Armour, and lots of it. Maybe having a friend with high first aid healing you constantly.

Get your Tamming skill up by Tamming a Pig using in 3 Reed pens filled with Stew .....keep tamming the Pig untill you hit 5 to 10 skill then try and tame your Wild Cat.

You can keep tamming the Pig all the way up to 40 skill as far as i know by doing this and your Stew will last a long time as the Reed pens only hold 0.01 Stew....Also use your Sleep Bonus when doing this....if you have any.

And as Lord Hoof2000 and Lord Silakka have said above - remove your weapon and use your Defensive stance and a shield.

Good luck with your Wild Cat ;)

Pretty much as whats been mentioned. Without a safe place or water to back into, a shield on def stance is best. Training pens work well for grinding on aggs.

If there is danger of you killing the target, unequip weapon.

Be careful on multiple taming attempts as you lose stamina fast.

very quickly......  :P

was fun riding a bear for a bit.  i took it home and penned it.  forgot about guards on deed. they killed it :(

The only way to get reliable results is to train taming up to a sufficient level on non-aggressive animals in safety, so that you're likely to succeed at your first attempt against the aggressive animal. Then unequip your weapon, go into defensive and tame with the best QL food you have.

A little trick I found that helps when grind taming on an aggro in a pen.  Target another animal in a different pen.  This keeps you from targeting the one you are taming and striking it after it tames.  Also lets you forget to unequip your weapon and still not strike the animal.

• Like 3