Sign in to follow this  
Idlamn

Switchable Graphics Problem

Hello.

Have been playing this game on my PC for quite a while now on my PC, but now I am having isssues running the game on my notebook. It's a lenovo G 500 (win 8.1, i7 processor, 6 gig ram and  switchable graphics AMD Radeon HD 8750 and some Intel HD. 

It isn't some high end gaming laptop but it should run the game on max settings fine. But I get like 10 fps which is horrible. Now I checked the catalyst control center and javaw.exe is set to run on high performance. Whenever I run the game it tells me the javaw.exe is running on high performance. But the game actually runs more poorly than if I run it on max on my PC which is far inferior( win 8.1, dual core processor, nvidia GTX 275).

Does anyone have an answer for this? What could be wrong, if I should change something in the compatibility tab. Or maybe someone with similar specs can confirm the game is actually supposed to run so poorly and I need to get a uber gaming rig to get 30 fps out of it.

Thank you.

Hi, I had a similar issue to this, my solution was to change the config.ini for the card to ALWAYS use max settings as my card didn't trigger the change when Java loaded. This may be an option, the only slight downside is increased power consumption while only using it for work as the graphics are taking up more juice. You would have to Google how to do it for your card.

Are you sure it is using the Radeon card? Please post the console.playername.log from your Wurm folder.

I'm sure I wasn't atm. The issue was not Wurm related, it was related to Lenovo drivers for my switchable graphics on the notebook. Don't really play any other games, so I thought it was an issue with the CCC not being able to run java apps right. But after running some benchmarks it seems it's always using the Intel on-board card no matter what I set. 

Been spending the last 2 days installing and reinstalling drivers/windows etc. with Lenovo providing no actual solution to people with this problem ( and there seem to be many). But at least I know it isn't related to the Wurm client and should be able to play decently once I get this damn thing fixed  ^_^ Thank you guys for your posts.