Sign in to follow this  
Snoph

Hate level 7

What would people think about making the hate 50% dmg permanent but also make the user take 10% more damage?

Lol no. No. Also no. This is....just no

Protunia style : -1 NO

Did i mention no?

Edited by Nadroj
  • Like 4

50% is too much for anything... *hint* Insanity *hint*

Should boost Knowledge to 50% as well then, or lower the other path's 11th power to 25% to balance it. ;)

• Like 5

level 11 perm 50% more damage, maybe take 20% more damage would be more fair imo

• Like 1

Decrease the waiting time to 20 minutes and the usage timer to 5. (Something like this)

I wanted to clarify SotG is not always 50% less dmg, but it depends by the kind of wound you get.

Edit: Also, set Fear to level 7 while Rage Creature DMG to 9

Edited by Davy

Far to OP for just 7th lvl, switch with 11 then Maybe

switch to permanent 50% more damage at 11?

Perhaps tone it to 25% permanent buff, with 50% being the 15 minute or whatever buff (or increase that time to an hour at 11?).

Then you'd also need to curve down Insanity, Love, and even Power to 25%. :P

• Like 2

It only requires 30 meditating, that's why you only have it for 15 minutes.

Start meditating and switch to another path at higher lvl if you don't like it.

• Like 4

I'm on insanity so maybe I'm just out of touch, but how often does hate bonus run out during the middle of a fight, especially now with the change to minehops? 15 minutes seems like it'd be pretty generous as long as you time it well.

• Like 1

50% is too much for anything... *hint* Insanity *hint*

Should boost Knowledge to 50% as well then, or lower the other path's 11th power to 25% to balance it. ;)

So what about love path's 200% buff?

-1 to op

Shield of the Gone and Hate Dmg buff are no where near in line as is.

If a normal hit delivers 20dmg SotG would make that 10dmg

If a normal hit delivers 20dmg Hate would make that 30dmg

If someone with Hate hits someone with SotG they do 30dmg which is reduced to 15dmg, which is less than the normal 20dmg people do without any bonuses...

Plus SotG is permanent and Hate lasts for 15min? (you may only get 1 attack in with people sitting in gatehouses or minehops)

Shield of the Gone and Hate Dmg buff are no where near in line as is.

If a normal hit delivers 20dmg SotG would make that 10dmg

If a normal hit delivers 20dmg Hate would make that 30dmg

If someone with Hate hits someone with SotG they do 30dmg which is reduced to 15dmg, which is less than the normal 20dmg people do without any bonuses...

Plus SotG is permanent and Hate lasts for 15min? (you may only get 1 attack in with people sitting in gatehouses or minehops)

Look here 30...70....I'll show you again, 30....70. Do you feel me?

If hate would be 100% buff, it would even out with the gone and the hits would be like on a normal player. But that would be very brutal to people without it.

Also there won't be any gate hopping off deed now.

Edited by Sharkin
  • Like 1

So what about love path's 200% buff?

-1 to op

Insanity is explained as 50% less damage, which also theoretically means you have 100% more health than normal. Love has double healing with LT and cotton, which also means you heal 100% more, not 200% more.

• Like 1

All Rolf would have to do is look at the numbers on each path to see where the imbalances are. If 10x the number of people are on one path than there might be something wrong...

Don't get me wrong, I don't know what the numbers are but I do know I've not meditated in my path for over 2yrs and I'm still a Path Leader. Goes to show something is amiss.

I'm not hating on Meditation, this same principle can be used for anything in Wurm. If 90% of the people use Longsword/Large Metal Shield or Plate Armour there might be something out of line there as well.

• Like 4

Large numbers of people doing something despite other options does tend to be a good indicator of imbalance. At least a red flag anyways.

Assuming the numbers of people favoring a particular path shows such. Im not aware of any such meditation graphs on the site, let alone broken down per server.

Edited by Klaa

Really, I would think way more people are hate than insanity, hate has such a huge benefit for pretty much no investment in meditating.

• Like 1

Posted Today, 08:14 PM

Really, I would think way more people are hate than insanity, hate has such a huge benefit for pretty much no investment in meditating.

If in the heat of the battle you remember to turn on your Hate bonus, you will find that 15min runs out before you are even likely to land a hit. You should also note that an average dmg wound is maybe 12dmg so if someone were to get hit for a whopping 18dmg they would likely just flee battle (or if they had SotG they wouldn't notice you were even using Hate when they took 9dmg).

I'll have to check but I bet you would be hard pressed to find a dozen people who are still on the Hate path.

Edited by Nosyt

Yeah lvl 11's need some balancing... mostly lvl 11 Insanity needs to be reduced; 25% sounds good.

lvl 11 Love is ok cus it's not very reliable (have to use LT weapon to take advantage of it, etc.)

Maybe Path of power lvl 11 can be taken to 25% as well (stamina loss reduction)

Tbh, saying Hate lvl 7 is so undershadowed by lvl 11 Insanity is pretty stupid.. if you were fighting in a big boat battle or a hota fight, you'd use the hate bonus when it would count the most, and it lasts for 15 minutes as well. More than one fight in the same day is the only reason path of hate timer would matter.

Knowledge 11 is fine afaik.