Sign in to follow this  
Suntzu

PMK poll on population requirements

Founding member requirements for a PMK  

145 members have voted

1. 1. How many people should be required to found a PMK?

tony dun want to be mr anymoar

Dont make assumptions.

I would like ALOT of pvp on the server and more people to fight.

It should take at least 30 players premium to make a Kingdom and have access to titles bonuses etc....

Now if you want to have the ability to make a commonwealth or something prior with less players with no bonuses that could work.

Then as you prove yourself and grow later on you could be a Kingdom.

At 20 or less  that just seems like a Raiding Party or something.

Lemme ask something?

Can people use alts as well to create this Kingdom??

It should take at least 30 players premium to make a Kingdom and have access to titles bonuses etc....

Now if you want to have the ability to make a commonwealth or something prior with less players with no bonuses that could work.

Then as you prove yourself and grow later on you could be a Kingdom.

At 20 or less that just seems like a Raiding Party or something.

Lemme ask something?

Can people use alts as well to create this Kingdom??

Yes they can and regularly do.

Why freedomers keep derailing and affecting our polls and suggestions..

Why not raise it to 100+ so it looks more like "Real" kingdom not as 20ppl raid party huh?

You cant have any subjective opinion, shush you!

Seriously, about time Rolf fix voting system bound to specific accs who plays on specific servers!

You will never get any real voting as its now with bunch of freedom players affecting polls since they feel They know Better then those who actually plays on pvp servers.

Edited by DonAngelo
  • Like 6

I hope they make the requirement reasonable again. If the alliance system is exploitable they should just disable it until a suitable system if any is worked out.

Devs, You are holding back the game by keeping one of the coolest features away from the playerbase.

• Like 2

Why freedomers keep derailing and affecting our polls and suggestions..

Why not raise it to 100+ so it looks more like "Real" kingdom not as 20ppl raid party huh?

You cant have any subjective opinion, shush you!

Seriously, about time Rolf fix voting system bound to specific accs who plays on specific servers!

You will never get any real voting as its now with bunch of freedom players affecting polls since they feel They know Better then those who actually plays on pvp servers.

Same could be said for any suggestions......Suppose if he ever does separate code we could have Freedom only voting suggestions as well.

Anyhow I would love to see PMK's added to Freedom myself and think people would actually make a lot more Kindgoms for themselves there for fun.

I know you want to railroad this through with a small group of votes so why not just tell Rolf on IRC??

You know that's the best way to sidestep any real discussion with the player base as a whole anyways.

Same could be said for any suggestions......Suppose if he ever does separate code we could have Freedom only voting suggestions as well.

Anyhow I would love to see PMK's added to Freedom myself and think people would actually make a lot more Kindgoms for themselves there for fun.

lol. Anyway i actually had that idea and it wouldnt be too bad as long as they wouldnt be able to kill eachother but it would be really hard to code. 

I know you want to railroad this through with a small group of votes so why not just tell Rolf on IRC??

You know that's the best way to sidestep any real discussion with the player base as a whole anyways.

You dont know jack . The poll is up for everyone on the forums to vote on. So say your piece then pipe down.

I put down 20, but 15 is pretty reasonable. so either or is fine with the current playerbase.

Couldn't pick two but, i'd say 15 to found, 20 and 2% land for titles and bonuses.

• Like 2

Ya just made one choice available so just go with your top choice guys.

Hopefully everyone that has an opinion with forum access will vote one way or another.

Whatever about the requirement to form the pmk it needs to be combined with opening all of chaos's server borders to aid recruitment and travel.

I hope they make the requirement reasonable again. If the alliance system is exploitable they should just disable it until a suitable system if any is worked out.

Devs, You are holding back the game by keeping one of the coolest features away from the playerbase.

Its quite an easy fix instead of having to disable the exploitable features. Why do we have kingdom influence? What purpose does kingdom Influence actually play in wurm besides being able to walk through land somewhat safely. Instead give a real reason to what an expanded influence, and make title bonuses work with influence, the further away from influence you are the less bonus you receive. Or it could just be a set number like a 50% reduction outside of influence. Having a dynamic system of bonus loss the further from influence you are would be good as it would require a raiding force to conquer more towers or build them the closer they get to their enemy so they retain as much bonus as possible, but Home team defenders should always retain full 100%.

Reason why this would balance title bonuses is because each influence of kingdoms will always be different, so lets say you have 2 kingdoms allied together attacking a single kingdom, one of the attacking kingdoms might have a closer influence to the enemy which perhaps would make the retention rate of bonus between 50-75% while the 2nd attacking kingdom is even further away with only 50% or less  always keeping some sort of balance, and less exploitable.

• Like 2

There are good ideas floating around but none matter if the requirement is too high for the population of the game. PMKs should be a selling point of wurm not a near impossibility.

• Like 4

There are good ideas floating around but none matter if the requirement is too high for the population of the game. PMKs should be a selling point of wurm not a near impossibility.

This is by far the truest statement about Wurm and PMK's .

As it stands right now the reason why there are no pmk's outside of JK and MR is because everyone knows in the back of their mind that upon starting a pmk you can easily be at a 1g loss within a week. Unless you can somehow break up JK and MR and take at least 1/4 of their players to join your kingdom.

The selling point for outside gaming communities is for them to be able to come in and not be under anyone, that is why they are a gaming community, those gamers are normally the added powers in any game they join, but here in wurm you basically are nothing unless you have a lot of numbers and a fully secured dirt walled in area.

The Idea with cutting titles outside of influence would help newer smaller kingdoms have home advantage and an ability to fight back.

Someone else posted a good suggestion, 15 to start a pmk or even 10 would be good, and with a dynamic title system being influence based the disadvantage is already in low numbers. But at least that pmk would have a chance to get a foot in the door perhaps to show face in HOTA. I wouldnt anticapate that small pmk being able to do much about joining in on the artifact war but that is how it should be anyway, now the new small kingdom has something to look forward to, grow and become part of bigger wars and rewards.

Edited by MaurizioAM
  • Like 1

I voted 25. I would say 25-30 though.

You could easily make a PMK with 10 alts and 10 actual players.