Sign in to follow this  
Covenant

Wiki articles altered

Hey there, someone mentioned in CA channel chat that many articles on the Wiki have been changed to some nonsense. Just wanted to flag this issue so hopefully the account responsible gets removed and the articles are rolled back. Cheers.

Yes, I was just alerted and blocked the account. I took a look at recent changes and saw a lot of ... work. Since you guys put so much work into this, you the players, I apologize for this misguided outburst. Please let me know of any other names that show up so I can block them too before they can ruin more work.

• Like 1

Beginner's Tutorials page:

"Tutorials

Wurm is a bad game and run by criminals who avoid tax, if you play this game you will suffer harsh punishments by law.

"

Aye, thank you for the quick response to this one. Can't be helped, to be fair, I'm just glad a rollback erased all of that persons "work".

It seems like the account was hacked, or something, I looked, why did he disappear from 2011 and suddenly pop up in 2014? Maybe old grievances? Who knows.

IMO  only CA's CM's should be allowed to change wiki.  we players give info to you ca, cm's  that should make it safer.   am i wrong to think of this

• Like 2

I would like to keep my Wiki editing privileges...

If there is any harm done, then it can be reverted and fixed, and it seems usually within a very short time frame, so no real harm done.

• Like 1

IMO  only CA's CM's should be allowed to change wiki.  we players give info to you ca, cm's  that should make it safer.   am i wrong to think of this

While this might be nice in theory, there are thousands of things that the Wiki needs help with, and the Community Assistants and Chat Mods, already have a lot of work cut out for them.

This issue that came up today doesn't happen very often. I'm inclined to continue as is and keep the Wiki player made as is most everything in Wurm. :)

• Like 4

I am still contributing where and when I can. Be an exploit or outside script kiddies, or alterations made by the sour grievers that frequent the forums, doesn't matter, this is a tax for community maintained documentation, and we can deal with it.  Whoever creates accounts should perhaps implement a stricter verification, although only useful if it's actual sourgrump players who made the alterations.

have to laugh and move on :)

PS: is the wiki software being kept up to date?

Edited by Marlon

PS: is the wiki software being kept up to date?

Yes, Paradox keeps it very well up to date and we have daily back ups. :)

• Like 1

Heh, looks like someone got a little bit angry about not being able to sell their account. :)

Great job Eir and all who helped fix! ;)

Heh, looks like someone got a little bit angry about not being able to sell their account. :)

Great job Eir and all who helped fix! ;)

Care to share with us that insider info ? I also bid on this account and I was left with many questionmarks. It looks to me that you know things we the rest don't. Can the GMs please make a statement about that ?

Edited by Issle

No.  It's standard policy that we do not publicize actions taken on any account.  The issue is private between them and us, unless they wish to talk about it.  We cannot.

• Like 1