Should Chaos map be removed and a new one added?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Should Chaos map be removed and a new one added?

• Yes
    • No

I don't read your long posts anymore, they waste too many words to make no point. You ramble just as bad in vent, I am convinced you like the sound of your own voice. And yes Chaos will not be around forever, sorry reality sucks too much for you to deal with.

Concise thoughts are much easier to digest and absorb, every post is not a high school essay where you need 500 words to get a passing grade.

BTW pvp was not enhanced when alliances went in... They did nothing positive only served to muck up pvp more and became one more way to stack the deck. No one ever even asked for kingdom alliances rolf added it on a whim...

Edited by Suntzu
  • Like 3

I don't read your long posts anymore, they waste too many words to make no point. You ramble just as bad in vent, I am convinced you like the sound of your own voice. And yes Chaos will not be around forever, sorry reality sucks too much for you to deal with.

Concise thoughts are much easier to digest and absorb, every post is not a high school essay where you need 500 words to get a passing grade.

BTW pvp was not enhanced when alliances went in... They did nothing positive only served to muck up pvp more and became one more way to stack the deck. No one ever even asked for kingdom alliances rolf added it on a whim...

Talk about flame bait, seems I hit a nerve....

Nothing wrong about long posts, most of the times I do try to highlight the important sections so people can follow what is being said, I apologize if I actually do try to address each issue.  

As for the alliance thing, the first alliance was MR and BL on Wild, and that was removed.  Then it was added again later. It hardly seems a whim, considering the history of the alliance thing.  I do think the implimentation of allinces to date has been nothing but done badly.

I agree with most of your statements about stacking the deck, though there are changes that can be done to limit that problem.   I think the fact that there is reverse gank damage now will help out a bit in the numbers game, but in terms of titles:

• CR buff titles should either be removed or limited to very large kingdoms, with many active players, or alternatvely be given as the kingdom meets certain milestones such as HoTA wins, population, influence, etc.    
  • Champions are limited to one per kingdom.   Templates can pick and chose what god is their primary god. 

Like to get all your neighbors pissed off at you?  Well that's what happens, you get more than one kingdom angry at you, you have do deal with a ton of fighters.   Seems like many players are as worried about that as anything else.  That you all want everything to be completely fair at all times.  

Well it's not like that in reality, you can't always have even sides. Also, I've seen that small, well coordinated fighters can kick butt rather easily when outnumbered, many instances of fights both on Epic, and Chaos being more than a numbers game in the end.    

Edited by Battlepaw

I like how Battlepaw bites at every one of your posts.

Talk about flame bait, seems I hit a nerve....

Looks like you fell right into his trap card!

I like how Battlepaw bites at every one of your posts.

Looks like you fell right into his trap card!

If you guys want to flamebait go somewhere else, open discussion, or get out.   This isn't the place for this.   

I'll present my ideas, and and argue points, if you can't do the same get out.   If you don't like how long my posts are, don't read em.   I'll try to add more bullet points or flow charts, etc if it makes you happy.    :P

Edited by Battlepaw

Whenever I see a Battlepaw wall of text I close the page

• Like 2

Heh all this sillyness with public polls, as if that will actually change anything much less indicate what the community here actually thinks of the issue.    

I'ts not as if the issue isn't important, but these public polls are a bit silly, since anyone can vote on them.   Outsiders from epic, that have no concept of what goes on in here is the biggest issue.  Its easy from someone who has no sweat or blood, invested in here, especially if all they have done is play on epic and they don't even understand how many years it's taken players to get as far here as we have because of how slow the skilling is in comparison.  

Same with a few of the freedom community that have some sort of mortal fear of this place and will never bother with it, and sit on the sidelines and boo at any topic up about Chaos.   Much of that can stem from the fact that many of the changes that are made to the PvP servers affect them too.    Tbh I don't blame them for that

Put yourselves in our shoes for a second, and try to consider how you would feel if people like that were voting on your future.     The biggest part of any of theses polls or discussion topic is the debate on the issues.   They do tend to get rather long-winded because the topics are often very complex.    Part of those debates should be trying to work out solutions, not just endless bickering.   

Probably should of been "Are you happy with Chaos?"...

The other topic on why you fight/what might improve it got largely derailed.

Probably should of been "Are you happy with Chaos?"...

The other topic on why you fight/what might improve it got largely derailed.

Ya that was partly my fault, when I went after JK's leadership.   I tried to keep everything on topic and keep things netural, but it just became a pissing contest.   Well lesson learned  :(

In terms of the whole "Kill Chaos" thing, there are even less good reasons now  then there used to be when Chaos was actually struggling.    I try to cover all those areas, but some don't treat those topics as a debate, but some sort of religous conviction that they want to share with the rest of us.    

Just look at the basic statistics:  http://wild001.game.wurmonline.com/mrtg/paying.html  

Then you have the new subscritption purchases, much of that indicates people are renewing their sub here, and many of the new guys purchase here because they like the gameplay:  http://wild001.game.wurmonline.com/mrtg/subscriptions.html

The graphs, aren't exactly alpha and omega, I take them with a grain of salt, but they also match the growing interest in in Chaos PMKs, and people wanting to fix the server borders.  This would indicate a much wider interest in the server than just the fact that it is a pvp server.    People want to work with what we got, and improve it.    

Edited by Battlepaw

this kind of threads should be delayed untill we get ingame voting system then suggest the devs to run a poll ONLY for ppl playing on chaos that way freedomers/epic players will have no saying in it.

right now i could just vote yes and count for it while i don't even play there:/

this kind of threads should be delayed untill we get ingame voting system then suggest the devs to run a poll ONLY for ppl playing on chaos that way freedomers/epic players will have no saying in it.

right now i could just vote yes and count for it while i don't even play there:/

Tbh I'm wondering how that would actually work.  Do alts count?  Unique IPs only?  How can you ensure its just a much aproblem with alts then it is here in public poll?    

• Unique IPs only.    

Proxy detection.

Time played requirement.