Should Chaos map be removed and a new one added?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Should Chaos map be removed and a new one added?

• Yes
    • No

Kill the chaos map and add a new map. It's worn out and and if we just reset the map, we'd all use the same spots.

Edited by Snoph
  • Like 2

I like the idea, although all of the money and work spent on deeds; it's a lot.

• Like 1

Give back deed founding money, very simple

&& the hundreds of hours put into building deeds?

Such would give new "life" to server just for half year - year, till everyones settled and land "secured", then would get to previous as its now.

• Like 5

just as well make it half the size too while you are at it

• Like 1

6 months ago you guys were all over us. MR worked hard and that's why we're doing well, and I am assuming you don't like that and that your bias has created this topic. JK could easily claw back the server if you guys worked just as hard as we have. And I say that's the whole point of this "Wurm" game we all know and love :)

• Like 1

why not make 2nd freedom pvp map east of deli :o

The playerbase is already spread out as it is - if you want to PvP go to Epic or Chaos and join whichever kingdom takes your fancy. A map reset does not really change anything in the long term (as has been said) :)

• Like 1

I'm up for making a second pvp server, but it costs to have it up and maintain it and what is more it may fail miserably. But its a no go for killing chaos. I dont know if you are trying to troll, but since already 7 people voted yes, I think this topic needs some attention to avert this madness.

And besides you cant demand for a map reset just because one kingdom became way too strong cause the enemies got lazy. A PVP server has longterm goals, its not like "gear in scale and go find people to pew pew". This is a war, not a small battle.

Edited by Issle
  • Like 1

6 months ago you guys were all over us. MR worked hard and that's why we're doing well, and I am assuming you don't like that and that your bias has created this topic. JK could easily claw back the server if you guys worked just as hard as we have. And I say that's the whole point of this "Wurm" game we all know and love :)

I've always wanted to play on a new pvp map that hasn't been there for over a year - missed out on the start of epic, a new chaos map would be loads of fun, even with MR having more people than us. - Would get a lot more people to play, I'd imagine too.

what's the point of chaos right now? do you really think you're going to raid deeds like Kyara? lol

just as well make it half the size too while you are at it

That would be the answer.

I've always wanted to play on a new pvp map that hasn't been there for over a year - missed out on the start of epic, a new chaos map would be loads of fun, even with MR having more people than us. - Would get a lot more people to play, I'd imagine too.

Epic was always supposed to have map resets but it has never happened. IMO Epic (at least Elevation) should have a map reset (skills don't necessarily need to be slashed, since they're easy to gain up anyway.) People on the Epic cluster tended to vote against map resets though, but maybe the topic could be brought up again?

do you really think you're going to raid deeds like Kyara? lol

Yes. :)

• Like 8

don't care if it gets reset or not just want a fresh map for peeveepee on. Only reason I never stayed on epic was because it was decided not to have regular map resets.

Ah Kyara ... give it some time ... First, we get to disband your PMK, then, you have our permission to demand a server reset.

Edited by Issle

I voted no, because I've seen numbers steadily increase in the 2 years I've played on here. It's been as low as 8 during peak times at one stage, now at least numbers are averaging in the 60's. 

When Wild was killed (yes I say it was killed ) a lot of its players either sold their accounts or stopped playing. some went to epic and, of the accounts that were sold on, the new owners stayed on freedom. 

Yes, I agree the map is large and it does make it a little more of a challenge getting around to raid etcetera, but that in itself is no reason, at least not a valid one, to wipe the map clean and start over. I'm also guessing that the veterans ( Nadroj, horton, Gavin, Nosyt and Duce ) would tell you a similar thing.

No, unless one faction completely domines the island.

Rolf should focus on improving the current Chaos map.

Also, I have the impression that server numbers are going up again.

No, unless one faction completely domines the island.

MR are already doing that. Does it mean that no other kingdom can try though and beat us? No, we definitely aren't invincible :)

It is not worn out. You would expect a decent argumentation for such a drastic suggestion.

What do you win with it?