Sign in to follow this  
JackBurton

Sell mirrors on traders please

1. Allow traders to sell mirrors.

2. Profit.

Seems to be a pretty simple way to increase your revenue stream there Devs.

• Like 7

As long it wont cost too much, +1

Edited by Army

I'm not sure what you mean by people will make new characters to sell mirrors, most trader items bought from a trader cannot be sold back to them. I like this idea, there isn't a huge market for changing looks, but the fact if you want to you can (with a little work) makes it a good idea in my book. +1

I think those should either be really cheap (like 1s? 10c perhaps?), or given out free (once in a while like the premium yellow potion, for example).

Note that changing your looks has basically no effect on the game, and is done just for fun and perhaps immersion. And we sure do need things that are there just for fun. I mean, really, if I were to change my looks three times a day, would it hurt anybody?

I'm aware the devs need cash, but in this case the ratio of cash that might be gained vs fun times that might be had says cosmetic changes should not be things that one needs to save silvers for.

Or should i go play The Sims instead

10-20 copper imo. Paying silver(s) for a for a simple cosmetic item is just a bit overdoing it.

A simple cosmetic item. So, changing how you look completely, medieval plastic surgery, complete change to skin color and a nose job? it should be 4-8s...

Thing is, hopiing to and from epic gives you a free one...

Unless they changed that.

But +1 for everything that enhances the wurm shop, and perhaps allows a drop in premium prices.

IMO, mirrors (and the ability to change your appearance) isn't gamebreaking at all and should be available to the player at any given time. I, personally, would like to see mirrors not be consumed upon use.

Great idea, lots of people would buy this.

I don't see that. I see a lot of people making alts and running them through the tutorial to either 1) avoid the 1-5s purchase or 2) to collect mirrors to make profit.

IMO, mirrors (and the ability to change your appearance) isn't gamebreaking at all and should be available to the player at any given time. I, personally, would like to see mirrors not be consumed upon use.

I don't see that. I see a lot of people making alts and running them through the tutorial to either 1) avoid the 1-5s purchase or 2) to collect mirrors to make profit.

If they're quite cheap on the traders i dont think this would happen. Also the mirrors players start with could be made to only be used by them, solves the problem.

Can't trade mirrors, can't drop mirrors. Try again.

Since when?

Edited by As_I_Decay

I'm not sure what you mean by people will make new characters to sell mirrors, most trader items bought from a trader cannot be sold back to them. I like this idea, there isn't a huge market for changing looks, but the fact if you want to you can (with a little work) makes it a good idea in my book. +1

Then make another mirror items that can be used by anyone (gold mirror) which is sold at each trader and make the silver mirrors who are spawned with each new character only usable by said character (put a signature on it).

Edit: why is forum eating all the quote tag today?

Edited by Serpentarius

Wrong.

You can put them into a small barrel, then trade that barrel to another player. (Or is it dropping the barrel?) forget which, but it's very, very, possible. I've done it twice, and a ton of others tell noobs how to do it a lot when they chose the wrong appearance.

• Like 1

As every time someone made this suggestion +1

And if you add more skin colors/hair and stuff every few months, make them cheap.

I think people seem to forget that Wurm is a fantasy world with Magic, Dragons, Unicorns, etc.

Why not just make this a craftable item that has to be enchanted or something if finding the right price is proving to be difficult?

Holy ###### man. I don't care what the price is...just sell the ###### thing already.

Can be traded inside any container and not limited to barrels as suggested, has been the case since they were implemented.

Even a few iron attainable from praying would be fine, saves a ton of alts running the tutorial for no other reason but a mirror

• Like 1

1s is perfectly fine, same price as a tuning fork.

It is not nearly worth more than 2s

My vote is for 2s. But yea, I would like to see this implemented.