Sign in to follow this  
Yaga

Auction: The Treasure Of The Ageless

By fortunate coincidences I am in possession of The Treasure Of The Ageless! The treasure is a collection of five unique silver tools that were created in the ancient times by the kings of the Ageless and buried in a secret place deep beneath Dragontooth Peak on Deliverance.

Read the tale about the treasure and how it was found: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/94163-the-treasure-of-the-ageless/

These are the five unique tools, made of purest silver:

uty4.png

prsw.png

All items can be improved and repaired. They have no special abilities that I know of, but each of them is a precious unique collector's item, that exists only once in the game. They all bear the signature of Rolf himself! As told in the story quoted above I decided to offer those 5 items to the community of Wurm Online. They are perfect collectibles for anybody who is interested in acquiring a very special treasure that nobody else can call his own.

The auction is for the complete set only!

Starting bid: 100s
Minimum increment: 20s
Hidden reserve: Yes

Buyout possible
Sniper protection: 1h

auction_timer_1390296618.gif

Edited by Yaga

(Wishes he didn't go broke last month)

Free bump, I'm gonna be jealous of who ever gets them. Lol

• Like 1

Its probably worth at least that but its a lot of coin to bid. Maybe if you put up a real currency rate you'd be happy to take in exchange?

A lot of money for something essentially useless o.o good luck I guess

Real gold is useless too. Yet, people buy it.

• Like 1

Not sure if you are trying to get a discount or just trolling. It's a unique set of useful tools made by Rolf himself. I'm poor right now, but I would buy them without hesitation if I had the money. Awesome offer, even cheap if you ask me.

• Like 1

@Redd: The value of these tools lies in their uniqueness! (If you are buying a bottle of wine that is 200 years old, you will have to pay an extremely high price, although - in a practical sense - it is pretty useless, as probably you will never open and drink it ;) )

• Like 1

So why did Rolf create these things created in the first place?

So why did Rolf create these things created in the first place?

For those who are curious where these "actually" came from, they were given to a lucky person (Yaga) who was randomly selected from a forum post that was liked. The team held a "Silver Tools Competition" in which, after 1000 Facebook likes, a random person would be given these set of tools. (http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/68612-competition-closed-thanks-for-taking-part/)

To my knowledge, they don't offer anything more than an iron tool would, but with that being said, they are very special and unique items that any collector should enjoy. ;)

They do seem like cool little relics. I'd bet role-players would love something like this, especially if some sort of lore story was written up to go with them.

I think your starting price is a tad bit too high however, starting off lower but with a hidden reserve or something might be your best bet.

Interesting, was away from the game at that time so this is the first I've heard of them.

The problem i see here, is that they're for all intent and purpose, dead weight. The other issue is the amount of money your asking. Are they really worth 80 euros? That's my two cents, good luck in selling them.

• Like 1

Are they really worth 80 euros?

You don't get the point. Collectibles are worth as much as collectors are going to pay for them. Is a (rare) postage stamp worth 10,000 Euros? What can you do with it? But: never mind, mate :)

Edited by Yaga

I'd suggest waiting a while to sell this Yaga, being just after Xmas a lot of people I'd guess (including myself) are trying to recoup some money before spending again.

As for the sets value, yes it is worth what Yaga is asking for. People that like silver, a once in a lifetime item, something made my Rolf, ect will pay a lot for it.

It's kind of like the reason some people buy drake armour, granted it does have better stats, but I bought two sets solely because I like the looks, and that not every single person has one.

• Like 1

Well, yes - maybe I should keep the set for a while instead of trying to sell individual pieces...

Auction closed!