Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 3

LssnW3L.jpg

Hello Fellow Wurmians!

Welcome to yet another week of frantic activity. Both among us and the player base.

But to sum up what has been done it might well be called The Week of Tweak.

As we both had plenty of activity and feedback from the test server on fighting tweaks.

And as the next big update is drawing near, plenty of checking to ensure all the pieces will fit together.

I have made a very special video feature for you today where you get to see some of the activity when testing the fight tweaks.

Also how I "troll" some of the players and cause some real testing situations.

So let us get to it and Share some News!

Trolling Players on the Test Server!

Press the youtube icon in the window to go to our channel and view it in 1080p

>http://youtu.be/UmlvYb-oepY

Some of the more noticeable Tweaks and Fixes

New lighting changes

There has been an update to our graphics engine so it handles lighting in a more natural way.

The foremost change would be in the way light reacts with material shaders. Though before the full affect is achieved there are some materials that will need to be updated.

If you look for it, you can probably spot some differences in how the graphics look if you view the video earlier in this News Post

Added the friends login/out message

It is now shared both in friends and events tab. It also includes which server a friend is logging on to.

Tornado Spell

There was a fix to a strange bug where the Tornado spell, which has the power of felling trees, was leaving miniature fallen trees in its wake.

Tweaks to the particle system

To get better looking fog.

Tweaks to the crafting window interface.

For example: Bigger recipe button and a hand icon in crafting window.

Bridges

We now have an extra dev working part time on the bridges and helping with things such as collision detection.

New Icons

Added "button" background to character wound/3d button

Updates to Launcher

We have updated the loading splash screen and several other elements of the launcher.

You need to empty your local cache on your computer to see the changes.

To do this on PC, you need to do the following:

1. Go to control panel.
  2. Find Java icon and double click it to gain access to its settings.
  3. In the window appearing you need to go to the General tab.
  4. When on this tab, find header Temporary Internet files and click settings.
  5. After doing this you should find remove files at the lover left bottom of the window.

This will empty your cache and the next time you launch Wurm, it will download the new graphics.

I hope you all enjoyed this update and that you leave some feedback on the video.

Also understand that usually I am usually not of the sadistic nature, I promise.

And lastly my uttermost respect for the players in the video, they fought with great valor and vigor!

But now I think it is about time to,

Keep on Wurming!

• Like 6

that is awesome sound and shake effects there on your vid Johan! Loved the deathcrawlers :P ... need to spawn more till they all dead tho :P ..

that looks more new bugs why work the guys not on the last ubdate there is many wrong rainforce walls buged is not fixed

• Like 1

It would be very useful if in these posts you clearly tell which of the features are in the live game, which are on test server and which are just internal, 

Great. Next time I see more than one snake chasing me, I'll just know RedBaron is stalking me!

Great. Next time I see more than one snake chasing me, I'll just know RedBaron is stalking me!

or 20+ zombies out of no where ;)

Spawn santa claus as passanger on his rowboat x).. That sea serpent sure is scary, moving like lightning.

Good to hear that extra dev has shared the hard task of creating well functioning bridges for us, goodluck! =)

That was a fun half hour indeed! I spent most of the time running away from something, but still... You forgot to put the forest giant in the video though :)

I'm really impressed with how much you guys are working on and how quickly you are resolving issues.

Very happy Rolf was able to finally get some more help! One man can only do so much. I don't know how he ever kept up with it all before.

I know this isn't a suggestions thread... but... :)

I would highly suggest you guys develop a universal launcher application that would allow us single application access to all client versions.

aka, access Stable, Unstable, and Test environments through one simple launcher application.

Either case, great work, thank you, and keep it up! /cracks whip :P

• Like 1

When can we expect the in-game poll to be added in?

So release and pristine can vote on the connection of the server

and Chaos can vote no to the minehop change.

Awesome.

What about the CR boost for aggressive?

3cr is a bit much.

My horses now glow like metal objects instead of them looking fluffy. Is that a bug, or a feature...?

Not just horses, chests, fountains, training dolls all get bright white when a lamp gets nearby.

I guess they need to tweak the shaders when people disable glsl.

when is ths fcking big update comming now i waiting from newyear now ???

Any way to turn up the voltage on lamps?  They are waaay to weak now.  Caves are horrible.