Sign in to follow this  
Jarosz

Break up WoA and CoC spells each following Priest Restrictions

Simple Idea, Break up the Wind of Ages and CoC spell between the 3 WL gods.

The break up would mean certain items could only be imbued with quickness depending on what type of tool/item it is.

Fo: Farming, Terraforming, Fishing/Butchering, tailoring, Leather making

Vyn:  Building/Blacksmithing instruments

Mag: Resource gathering (mining/wood cutting etc)

You haven't played 6+ years, why do you keep making suggestions when you don't even know how the game mechanics work in game atm?

• Like 6

Vynora is more of the crafting God, hence the reason that she originally required the use of a pottery bowl to cast with. Anything related to crafting (WoA, CoC), or just general utility casting on items would relate to her.

You haven't played 6+ years, why do you keep making suggestions when you don't even know how the game mechanics work in game atm?

My name is not Malvado ;)  much less than 6+ years.

Mainly, because I want the game mechanics to return to Beta where priests weren't restricted.  The suggestion is a more a compromise to allow people who want to play the way they want to play a little more freedom from having to have 2-3+ accounts.

This would be a compromise to bring the game back to what it was instead of the multi-account/premium (pay to win) game that it became.

This would severely hurt my ability to solo play. I 'm not going to pay premium and grind up skills on 4 toon (crafter + 3 priests). And before you try to tell my how to play, well solo play is an option and I enjoy it. Please respect that I don't want to be forced to ask others to enchant my stuff.

If such was to be broken up in such a manner, then thats probably how it should go; although, the tailoring and lw should be more Vyn.

Edited by Klaa

It would make it a pain in the butt for people that play it solo, and can only premium up to one alt toon, as now their income has been diced by three.

It would make it a pain in the butt for people that play it solo, and can only premium up to one alt toon, as now their income has been diced by three.

Well you can play solo perfectly fine without WoA and CoC it just makes things a bit slower. By limiting yourself to playing on your own in a game that's designed to be played with other people you should be expecting to be at a disadvantage. But if it shouldn't change because some people can't afford more than one alt, should we help out the players that can't afford any alts by allowing anyone to cast those spells?

Edited by Theodis
  • Like 1

And this would screw over the people that enjoy having multiple accounts, not to "be the best" but because they find it fun. -1.

No. To be honest I don't even see the motivation behind the suggestion as the freedom of choice is one of the main appeals to the gameplay. I don't choose an elf class at the beginning and end up stuck with bows for all eternity (or until I get a new character). If I wan't to change playingstyle after 2 years I can do so, and I'm not sure of why I should be punished for this by not being able to make the most out of it.

If you want some kind of immersion through following the ways of your god you are free to personally refrain from using coc/woa tools when performing an activity you find unsuitable for your deity.

Well you can play solo perfectly fine without WoA and CoC it just makes things a bit slower. By limiting yourself to playing on your own in a game that's designed to be played with other people you should be expecting to be at a disadvantage. But if it shouldn't change because some people can't afford more than one alt, should we help out the players that can't afford any alts by allowing anyone to cast those spells?

Not what I was referring to :P

I more meant a person that has only enough money to premium up to one extra alt, which in the case I was talking about was a priest, which would've been their only source of income.

No. To be honest I don't even see the motivation behind the suggestion as the freedom of choice is one of the main appeals to the gameplay. I don't choose an elf class at the beginning and end up stuck with bows for all eternity (or until I get a new character). If I wan't to change playingstyle after 2 years I can do so, and I'm not sure of why I should be punished for this by not being able to make the most out of it.

If you want some kind of immersion through following the ways of your god you are free to personally refrain from using coc/woa tools when performing an activity you find unsuitable for your deity.

Currently, if you choose to go priest, that is exactly what you are doing.  I am not suggesting spells for everyone (those days are gone, and I doubt they'd ever come back)

I am suggesting, that a spell that speeds up tasks and gives extra experience should follow the same restrictions you sign up for when going priest and being severely restricted in what you can do.

Right now, if you are a Vyn priest only, you can't do much of anything except cast CoC/WoA and some other spells.  Usually, anyone with a Vyn priest (BL included) have Mains that they play on and use the Vyn account to cast these spells.

I am suggesting, that if you wanted a priest account that ISN'T Vyn, you would have limited access to CoC/WoA spells depending on your priests restrictions.  So,  If your priest can do something without angering his/her god, then they should be able to cast spells that make them better/more knowledgable with that task.

Yes, but becoming a priest is a choice you make and if you get tired of it you simpy stop being a priest and will then work as a normal player. It is then possible to choose one of the other deitys to follow if you want to try out another aspect of the game, and your skillgains and such won't be gimped by previous choices.

I understand your reasoning a bit better now however, thank you for explaining. Though I think that by now lots of people have already chosen the kind of priest they enjoy playing and suddenly removing or granting powers would be another step in the wrong direction regarding priests. They have already undergone a series of changes that make them harder to use in my opinion and it's honestly hard to keep up with it all.

My whole justification of this is that I favored playing as Fo because I hated the PvP (stand and watch the info tabs...) aspect of wurm, but enjoyed the politics of the PvP servers and land grab/control.

I was a healer in PvP for this reason.

The other aspect I lobbied for a long time ago was that resource gathering be split up amongst the priests so that they could gain body stats.  soon after, Mag could mine, Vyn could wood cut, Fo could dig. (things that made sense for the gods they followed).

The fact that 1 priest type has the CoC/WoA spells is just as imbalancing (and has always been an argument with priest balance).

Therefore, logically speaking (and I think you understand, I am just reiterating) If resource gathering was split between the Gods, then so shouldn't the skill gains and spells relating to the skills that the god allows?

(this is where my many years of playing wurm come in... being a priest in Gold 1 was so difficult that you HAD to have 2 accounts if you wanted to do anything AND cast spells)

I never much enjoyed the status quo of priests... I will continue to lobby for more balance and logical spell balance.

My dream of priesthood was that a village with an equal balance of all 3 priests could accomplish every task in wurm without needing a non-priest account...  So that Monasteries could exist in wurm.  It was called "The three Amigos" suggestion long long ago...

More balance and sticking to the roll?

Well that's all good, but in this case mag and fo would never have CoC or WoA. I'm all for giving mag and (for the love of Fo) Fo priest more spells. But don't forget about Vynora either.

Vynora right now owns enchantments (talking PVE here, can't say for pvp) however, fo's LT is very - very good. If they were able to cast this without another priest, I'd drop my vyn and re-prem my go all day long. Mags (slightly) lacking with only AOSP and FA.

However, your only looking at enchants - which isn't fair. Let's look at combat itself (not tracking, revealing ect, just combat for a sec) Vynora in my opinion loses this big-time. In a actual fight, I doubt I'd even cast a spell with 50+ SS because none of them I've used are that great, and we've no passives for combat.

Mag of course has the 25% damage boost, and a few combat spells like Vynora, though I don't believe any of these spells are very good either (could anyone correct me if in wrong here?) but he still has a very good advantage with the damage boost.

Fo has a few nice little combat buffs that are worth casting once in a while, and then there amazing healing, I'd personally choose Fo for fighting if it came down to picking one. Mag a good second, Vynora I really don't see much benefit except being able to enchant my weapons and armour... But I guess we can throw that in.

So, vyn wins crafting wise, sure. But Fo (or mag if you're that type of player) would probably own combat wise.

Also, currently I find all the priest gathering to be quiet decent, though overall I have to say I'd choose mag here - mining is just a huge benefit, and door locks are super easy favor. Woodcutting is really good to for vyn, but for myself mining just flat out wins. Fo's digging can be helpful, and with him being a great fighter, getting animal parts - that alchemy really helps as well.

So, now we have a crafter, a fighter, and a gatherer. Sure, Vynora may have two of the most used enchants, but does that ruin it for other priest having fun? Not Imo.

I would like to see LT be able to be cast by a single priest at 100 faith, or even 90. But I understand why it takes two fo's for it, I also wish mag was a bit more "useful" when it came to enchants, but he does have a lot of good fighting and mining spells, so I really can't so that he is lacking and needs to be buffed either.

Just my opinion, sorry for the long post but giving my view on things, I currently play a Vynora main, WS/mine/Bs alt, Bs/Lw/armoursmith alt up 24/7 and occasionally log in my Mag priest, though in thinking about dropping my mag for a bit for my Fo (I love the Nature aspect + they are the funnest priest out there for me ;) )

On a bit of a side note, All priest can do a lot of things. They do seem limited often, but you just gotta find other things to do, I wish I could do alchemy on my vyn for example, but we can't have it all.

I'm all in for adding new things, but do not ever remove something from any of the priest, not everything needs to be the exact same, or fair for that matter. As long as it's fun!

Edited by Druidnature

The problem is enchanting is the only thing Vyn priests have, if you share this out amongst the other deities then by extension vyn priests should be able to cast heal/nature/terraforming/courier spells too which sounds like a very bland vision of priesthood to me.

The problem is enchanting is the only thing Vyn priests have, if you share this out amongst the other deities then by extension vyn priests should be able to cast heal/nature/terraforming/courier spells too which sounds like a very bland vision of priesthood to me.

That tells me that Vyn is do some more spells... But guess what?  If you GIVE Vyn spells that make him/her usefull at all in any other aspect of the game... you will have a riot of Vym being overpowered blah blah blah (Simply because of CoC/WoA)

So,, if you ever want to see Vyn actually get anything that makes the priest competitive in PvP/PvE... You'd have to compromise.

Might as well follow the path that is already started.