Sign in to follow this  
Smilingcat

so what new "things" did you find in the update 15th January?

I have found so far:

- semi-transparent trees

- creatures look a bit darker and more bleak sort of

- caves are ALOT darker now

All tested on lowest graphic settings so far. Not sure yet what to make of those changes. Can't get warm with them somehow.

• Like 1

Everything is dark, lamps aren't doing anything to brighten up my deed or mines.

Lantern is useless.

I hate logging in now.... A fix can't come soon enough -_-

Edited by Shadz
  • Like 3

Everything is dark, lamps aren't doing anything to brighten up my deed or mines.

Lantern is useless.

Agree, though I have to say - the walnut and chestnut trees look amazing! (I have everything on max, so may be different for others) but the dark areas in the trees make them for much more realistic. So I have to give a pat on the shoulder there.

But everything else ATM, gah! Doesn't make it worth it lol :(

Grass and crop animations are really fast and annoying. 

And the lighting problems of course... It's very dark and also while moving around the light seems to change in steps as you come closer to a tile. It becomes lighter and lighter the closer you get somehow and it's not a smooth transition either.

Agree, though I have to say - the walnut and chestnut trees look amazing! (I have everything on max, so may be different for others) but the dark areas in the trees make them for much more realistic. So I have to give a pat on the shoulder there.

But everything else ATM, gah! Doesn't make it worth it lol :(

Yeah I noticed the "dark areas" on those 2 trees look good, but the pitch black mines + deed. I've 50ql lamps every 4-5 tiles in places, only 1-2 tiles are lit.

outside of my mine, I've 40-50ql brass lamps (dyed purple) the light I get from them is a little purple circle (1 tile radius). 

Oh and ofc the lovely strobe lighting effect is magnificent -_- I was in freedom market earlier and I ended up with a bad headache 2 minutes (literally) after entering the center of the market. Glad I don't have epilepsy.

I genuinely hate this update. Bug or not, I hate it. I can put up with no water, a buggy mine entrance. But when everything looks this dull, dark, bland... just generally crap, it annoys me.

Edited by Shadz
  • Like 1

Uhh where do I start? Besides the obvious problems already mentioned.

• Reinforced walls dont render properly
  • Cant Archer with Great Helm but can still archer with bassinet helm (Wtf?!)
  • Random FPS drops
  • Invisible water
  • Tower Guards seem to Insta-hit your horse much more often
  • Armor seems to have been changed in the way it works (Not in a good way)
  • Many, many more random crashes and Disconnects 

I think that covers it...for the moment...  <_<

So all in all a very crappy update, don't see why they try to fix things that don't need fixing. The bad lighting just sucks, my FPS in the mine are really bad I used to have between 40-50fps while in the mines now i'm lucky to get 10.

• Like 2

We have Floorboards back and Lawns :)

Oh so just to have floorboards back we have to put up with the multiple other bugs they have created by fixing floorboards,I don't see how this is in anyway good i'd rather they got rid of them for good tbh than have to put up with the bugs it has created.

• Like 1

We have Floorboards back and Lawns :)

yup floorboards are back and cannot be removed anymore.. so far...

colors really looking odd after the patch. almost ugly.. 

• Like 1

Signs have written text on them, although not the best of looking font or style. I hope they'll be looking better soon. ;)

Lantern is useless.

Although my mine looks a bit darker, the deed is fine.

Oh so just to have floorboards back we have to put up with the multiple other bugs they have created by fixing floorboards,I don't see how this is in anyway good i'd rather they got rid of them for good tbh than have to put up with the bugs it has created.

The bugs weren't created by fixing floorboards, but because of the "graphics Engine" was updated. Which is why lighting is different, colors are less saturated and you couldn't see water. Oh also why now some people crash with shaders on (like me).

Colours of everything seems much paler.  My raging unicorns now look more like angry ones, more pinkish than red.  The white ones actually look a little better.

Crop are whipping around in the gale force winds -- how is that going to chew up cpu time?

The dark shading on the new trees looks very strange when viewed from the distance :blink:

Love the new signs with the text on them - definitely a +1

Except it looks like the text was photoshopped on after taking the picture :P   But the general idea is good....

Also noticed that even though water now has a surface if you look from a distance from above there are lines going along the tile borders making the water look striped.

Problems with lighting will be fixed/tweaked in the next update

• Like 6

Problems with lighting will be fixed/tweaked in the next update

What about the problems with reinforced caves not showing properly, the juddery movement whilst inside caves and the ability for bassinet helms to be used for archery but not great helms?

What about the problems with reinforced caves not showing properly, the juddery movement whilst inside caves and the ability for bassinet helms to be used for archery but not great helms?

Don't tell him about the basinet helms! Shhhh

Don't tell him about the basinet helms! Shhhh

Ah yeah I forget that some people dont have this thing called moral integrity. If something doesn't seem fair or appears bugged I report it not keep it hidden to be abused.  :rolleyes: The whole change about great helms even though I don't like it is made redundant by bassinets helms  so if Rolf doesn't want to revert the change the great helms bassinet helms need to be changed aswell. 

• Like 2

I can no longer play on my Mac now after the update. First, I couldn't even log in due to a Java error. Now I can get in the game, but the lag is so intense that I can't move.

I found out that the new combat mechanics sucks and believe there has been some kind of unannounced change to it.

While sparring against another 80+ Fighter, I suffered almost 10 bad moves in 1 spar and almost every successful shield bash I got against my opponent caused me to make a bad move as well. I am an 80+ fighter with a decent level of combat related skills and I was fighting someone with similar ability. This doesn't feel right.

During the impalong, I sparred against the DoctorChaos account twice and won one of the spars. After sparring the account again tonight, I was flattened.

Had to download the new client:

1. Lamps are invisible.

2. Mines are invisible (sometimes) until I go inside.

3. Carts, boats, and hitched horses move strangely when in a mine.

Ah yeah I forget that some people dont have this thing called moral integrity. If something doesn't seem fair or appears bugged I report it not keep it hidden to be abused.  :rolleyes: The whole change about great helms even though I don't like it is made redundant by bassinets helms  so if Rolf doesn't want to revert the change the great helms bassinet helms need to be changed aswell. 

I was only kidding, showing my disdain for the change which I was under the impression you share along with the majority of pvpers.

It was a step in the wrong direction to fix a problem I agree needs fixing.

some items can be invisible .. eg a spirit mansion, lamps, u can mouse over it to see a blue outline, but the item itself doesnt appear.  also torch lamps can now fail to appear, all u can see is the flame burning in mid air.

also getting a lighting thing where the landscape around me appears to be in sunlight, turn a degree or two to the side and the area appears to be in shade, which is fairly annoying.