Sign in to follow this  
Shagsdeval

New Mining Ability Potentially

I am doing surface mining, I was just wondering if the possiblity in the future if the ability of " level " could be implimenting the same way as we do when we are mining in a cave. It is the samw job just outside the mine ofc. Would NOT take much to add this feature to outside mining. Please post any other suggestions to do with mining and maybe the Dev's will take a look at it.

• Like 1

Then it would be afking like fishing

If they wanna change something on surfacemining, it would be to increase the success rate on each action.

My speedshovel is already rather useless, dont make my speedpick useless too =)

Idk really how i feel about it. Initially when devs and rolf added leveling for digging i felt it took away from land scapers who worked hard to get there skill up high enough to become important enough for people to hire then they added leveling and made it more or less easy for anyone to landscape a deed.Digging use to be as hard as surface mining. To some degree the leveling feature was nice for new players and those who simply could not get down how to dig. Perhaps leveling would be ok for surface miners but i am concerned what that might do to the toons out there who worked hard on mining and seek surface mining as a source of wurm income. Sometimes to much change is not a good thing. Might be better to leave this one alone for now.

Edited by Yamuliss

Then it would be afking like fishing

If they wanna change something on surfacemining, it would be to increase the success rate on each action.

My speedshovel is already rather useless, dont make my speedpick useless too =)

i agree with you on that

Sorry i guess my idea's ain't that good, i will keep to myself . I never realized you could AFK mine or fish. last i heard you needed a Macro for that and that gets you banned. My idea was to help ppl not hurt them as it is being pointed out.

Edited by Shagsdeval

Nope i think it's a very cool idea ....i remember a long time ago when i had to surface mine a hell of a lot  and something like this would have been a god send.

As for "it would be AFKing ......is that not the same as leverling dirt ? Yes

Is it not the same for leverling inside a mine ? Yes

I can't realy see the problem with adding this - Surface mining is a pain in the ass and if there ok with changes to doing the same with dirt and inside a mine then why not with surface mining.

+1 m8, great idea Lord Shag ;)

Edited by Garit

Surface mining up until the last few slopes isn't too bad since you can for the most part just spam the keybind. Once you get close then it just gets tedious. Maybe we could have a lower rock action that takes 10x as long to complete but always lowers the rock by one unit. That ways it's still faster doing the regular actions but when you're a few slopes away and don't want to accidentally over do it you can use the slower action.

That or just make the mining actions on the surface longer in general and just remove the annoying randomness from it. It only hurts the people trying to carefully sculpt the rock anyway not the griefers since I imagine they don't care if they go a few slopes down further than planned.

If you have a genuine suggestion there is nothing at all wrong with putting it forward. Players are very good at spotting potential flaws and most- like the ones in this thread- do it in a non-combative way.

Keep posting and one day you may come up with a real corker of an idea- I am still trying and live in hope myself- good luck.

Idk really how i feel about it. Initially when devs and rolf added leveling for digging i felt it took away from land scapers who worked hard to get there skill up high enough to become important enough for people to hire then they added leveling and made it more or less easy for anyone to landscape a deed.Digging use to be as hard as surface mining. To some degree the leveling feature was nice for new players and those who simply could not get down how to dig. Perhaps leveling would be ok for surface miners but i am concerned what that might do to the toons out there who worked hard on mining and seek surface mining as a source of wurm income. Sometimes to much change is not a good thing. Might be better to leave this one alone for now.

Digging was NEVER as hard as surface minning, are you crazy?

I for one hated the new leveling feature when it came out, it was (and is) overpowered. But at the same time that i think it sucks that all the hard work i had to learn how to flatraise properly is kinda obsolete atm. Truth is level makes big dig jobs twice as fast as normal digging or flattening. So i like it.

And honestly, if you like how surface minning is, you need a life.

• Like 1

Increasing the succeeds rate would be nice surface mining is tiresome, however leveling meh, maybe not so much

so I guess -1 but tbh anything to prevent the drag that is surface mining I approve of just potentially in a different way to this suggestion. :)

Sorry i guess my idea's ain't that good, i will keep to myself . I never realized you could AFK mine or fish. last i heard you needed a Macro for that and that gets you banned. My idea was to help ppl not hurt them as it is being pointed out.

Fishing has a 3 minute timer (or more, not sure), which means my main character with mind logic 30+ can chain 4 actions, which means i can afk 12m.

Leveling is kinda worse. Since leveling will keep going until one of three things happen:

1- You finish

2- You run out of stamina

3- You run out of inventory space

Since mining actions create piles on the ground instead of going to your inventory a person with high enough stamina (and you get a lot from minning) would just pick away for a long time, or until done.

Which is why taken literally your suggestion is bad.

hm.. i would like a surface rock level option, but i doubt it will get implemented for varous reasons though.

+1.

Instead of the random mess that we have now, it would be more bearable if the level feature worked much like the level feature of tar or clay: 30 seconds per action.

Fishing has a 3 minute timer (or more, not sure), which means my main character with mind logic 30+ can chain 4 actions, which means i can afk 12m.

Leveling is kinda worse. Since leveling will keep going until one of three things happen:

1- You finish

2- You run out of stamina

3- You run out of inventory space

Since mining actions create piles on the ground instead of going to your inventory a person with high enough stamina (and you get a lot from minning) would just pick away for a long time, or until done.

Which is why taken literally your suggestion is bad.

Nobody said it couldn't be tweeted to take a lot of stamina, have a max amount per use, ect. It's a very viable suggestion, and could be made underpowered just as much as it could be OP.