Sign in to follow this  
sulfurblade

Stop adding more Time to the Daily Chores!

Wurm should not be about daily chores!!!!

I should not have to (BLer on Affliction the land of mycelium) spend 2 hours a day tending fields just to keep my animals alive!!!  When WLers don't have to do jack they just leave there horses on grass?!?

FIX = Get rid of the ability to trample Enchanted Grass generated by the path of love.....  

****  This would free up alot of time for playing wurm if there was a realiable way to feed horses in the land of mycelium and would make the game less of a CHORE! ****

Newest Increase in chores!  Filling Lamps....

In the past we delt with filling/ repairing our 100ish lamps....  but now you need a lamp on EVERY tile inside a cave to get the same amount of light you got from have a lamp every fourth tile!!!

Sorry but taking care of 2 hours of farming.... then filling lamps then repairing stuff on DEED?!?  For the love of all things wurm stop increasing the daily CHORE time that makes wurm such a grind and causes people to quit.....

Who wants to fill 500 damn lamps every other day?!?  I don't but then I would also like to be able to navigate my mine and actually see the square in front of me!!!    

Also Not looking forward to creating another 400 lamps!!!  Fix this cave issue, to include the violently shaking horse animation when riding on horse back thru caves!!!

Again less Chore like activity in wurm please and thank you!!!!

Having the same issue with the lamps in my mine. Got a lamp up every couple of tiles, yet it's still nearly as dark next to them as it is in the parts of the mine without them. I can't tell a cave wall from an iron vein because it's all just black.

Another semi-recently added chore:

As if it's not enough of a PITA to run around watering your flowerpots that take absurd amounts of damage in no time at all, the dev team thought it would be even more fun if you were able to fail at watering the plant.  :rolleyes: 

Seriously, how do I fail at pouring water? And how am I still failing to pour the water at 60+ gardening?

• Like 7

As if it's not enough of a PITA to run around watering your flowerpots that take absurd amounts of damage in no time at all, the dev team thought it would be even more fun if you were able to fail at watering the plant.  :rolleyes: 

Seriously, how do I fail at pouring water? And how am I still failing to pour the water at 60+ gardening?

AMEN!!

And +1 to easing up on the "chores build character" mentality.

Edited by Amadee

And they wonder why so many people that try this game run away.

Flower Watering Simulator 2.0!

I can make a 90ql flowerpot without too much trouble but it takes me 20 tries to dump water in it.

• Like 1

To the OP:

I'm down with your horse problem. While we're at it, let WL kingdoms get 98% nutrition by standing on grass tiles and we'll call it even.

As to the tedious lamp filling problem, I suggest you get a lantern and some high QL white dye.

Seriously, what kind of nerd makes 500 lamps vs. 1 lantern that allows you to bring the light with you?

• Like 1

+1

I've wanted for a long time:

-- Farm tiles that don't turn to weeds.

-- A way to stockpile months of feed for animals, and the feed mechanism only takes about 2 seed a day per an animal to keep animals fat.

-- Flower pots...lol. I haven't touch any of that stuff.

-- No cap on sleep bonus.

Lamps in mines being super dark will be fixed/tweaked in the next update.

• Like 2

Have you thought that maybe your deed / fields / mine is oversized compared with your playtime?

For what one character NEEDS, 15-30 minutes a day is more than enough for chores.

Now if you have 500 fields of crops or 40 horses it doesn't means you're doing needed chores, but that you're grinding farming / animal husbandry or bulk producing.

I don't think the issue lies with tramping and whatever, but with how many of what your doing. 

I wanted to read on, but when the "suggestions" forums is used with titles that scream demanding self entitlement, I lose my will to read or even support.

There is not MUCH wrong with the logic on animals on grass, unless you are overdoing it. If only the real world farmers could cry to the government to make more rain, what a day it would be.

Part of immersive reality is that you can't magically have a million fields and a hundred thousand this and that, and expect magical pot smoking fantasy to handle it for you.

sorry. Suggestions are becoming annoying and unintelligent.

How much you want to do is really your own choice, sounds like you just have a really bad setup.

Asidecay while you have been traveling to the other lands your plants died.

If you don't want to do it, don't do it. It's a game. I often don't farm because most of the time I don't care for it. Don't keep tons of horses if you hate the maintenance. Work with what you enjoy in the game and stop doing chores.

Asidecay while you have been traveling to the other lands your plants died.

Yeah, unless I am there to water them every 3 or so days, they disappear. I knew those things poofed before the impalong even started.