Sign in to follow this  
MetalDragon

Fight Skill from Alt accounts clarification

Fast edit Shrimp ... guessing this is just a name and shame thread now ... OT why was the 70 soft cap put in again since it seems to make people search for the path of least resistance as always? 

If anything ive learned about Orb, its that he will change his opinion at the moments notice as long as he feels part of the group.

A week ago he was bitching about this mechanic just the same

Inb4 MR forum drama. I explained my position to you, you were rude. Don't talk to me. 

If this WoS is fixed or prevented, please make an alternative available for those who never got to do it. tyvm

Fast edit Shrimp ... guessing this is just a name and shame thread now ... OT why was the 70 soft cap put in again since it seems to make people search for the path of least resistance as always? 

Figured I'd take it to the Skirmishes thread instead.

Personally, I would reset everyone's FS based upon their mind speed.

if you mean everyone as in even people who don't kill alts and got well over 90fs without them, please no :P

[19:25:10] Aamanus slain by Vynorachamp 

[19:26:33] Tommty slain by Vynorachamp 

[19:27:24] Aamanus slain by Vynorachamp 

[19:28:30] Tommty slain by Vynorachamp 

[19:29:29] Aamanus slain by Vynorachamp 

[19:30:22] Tommty slain by Vynorachamp 

[19:38:10] Aamanus slain by Nightfall 

[20:59:26] Vynorachamp slain by Tommty Embolism Nadroj Nightfall Pinejon Aamanus Garrettwademan Aralin Christa 

[21:03:51] Vynorachamp slain by Embolism Nadroj Nightfall Pinejon Garrettwademan Aamanus Aralin Christa 

[21:49:16] Vynorachamp slain by Embolism Eleanor Nightfall Aralin Enchantress Tommty Nadroj Red Farmerfred Pinejon Aamanus Garrettwademan Christa

[17:08:25] Aamanus slain by Nadroj Nightfall

[17:09:42] Aamanus slain by Nadroj

[16:46:48] Tommty slain by Embolism Nadroj Pimprage Nightfall Farmerfred Garrettwademan Roman 

[16:48:53] Tommty slain by Nadroj 

[16:50:37] Tommty slain by Nadroj 

[16:52:21] Tommty slain by Nightfall 

[16:54:25] Tommty slain by Nightfall 

[17:00:07] Aamanus slain by Tommty Embolism Nadroj Pimprage Nightfall Farmerfred Garrettwademan Aralin Roman 

[17:05:27] Aamanus slain by Nadroj 

[17:06:15] Tommty slain by Pimprage Nightfall Farmerfred Roman 

• Like 2

[19:25:10] Aamanus slain by Vynorachamp 
[19:26:33] Tommty slain by Vynorachamp 
[19:27:24] Aamanus slain by Vynorachamp 
[19:28:30] Tommty slain by Vynorachamp 
[19:29:29] Aamanus slain by Vynorachamp 
[19:30:22] Tommty slain by Vynorachamp 
[19:38:10] Aamanus slain by Nightfall 
[20:59:26] Vynorachamp slain by Tommty Embolism Nadroj Nightfall Pinejon Aamanus Garrettwademan Aralin Christa 
[21:03:51] Vynorachamp slain by Embolism Nadroj Nightfall Pinejon Garrettwademan Aamanus Aralin Christa 
[21:49:16] Vynorachamp slain by Embolism Eleanor Nightfall Aralin Enchantress Tommty Nadroj Red Farmerfred Pinejon Aamanus Garrettwademan Christa
[17:08:25] Aamanus slain by Nadroj Nightfall
[17:09:42] Aamanus slain by Nadroj
[16:46:48] Tommty slain by Embolism Nadroj Pimprage Nightfall Farmerfred Garrettwademan Roman 
[16:48:53] Tommty slain by Nadroj 
[16:50:37] Tommty slain by Nadroj 
[16:52:21] Tommty slain by Nightfall 
[16:54:25] Tommty slain by Nightfall 
[17:00:07] Aamanus slain by Tommty Embolism Nadroj Pimprage Nightfall Farmerfred Garrettwademan Aralin Roman 
[17:05:27] Aamanus slain by Nadroj 
[17:06:15] Tommty slain by Pimprage Nightfall Farmerfred Roman 

You forgot these ones.

[14:24:21] Gav slain by Gavin

[18:27:08] Senakal slain by Aramisii

[03:09:46] Theophilus slain by Eyesgood

[18:56:16] Keywide slain by Yurik

[18:57:25] Baid slain by Yurik

[17:26:39] Tenderwolf slain by Yurik 
[17:26:57] Keywide slain by Yurik

[02:16:55] Gav slain by Gavin

[18:08:03] Kwyzina slain by Bloodyhell 

[16:17:58] Kwyzina slain by Bloodyhell

[16:20:25] Kwyzina slain by Bloodyhell

[22:47:12] Hellroth slain by Whykillme

[19:01:26] Keywide slain by Yurik 
[19:01:26] Baid slain by Yurik

[19:01:32] Tenderwolf slain by Yurik

[19:55:24] Keywide slain by Yurik 
[19:55:39] Tenderwolf slain by Yurik

Actually I forgot over 40 logs of more MR altfarming if that's what you're tryna get at here

Alts killing alts to be later farmed by mains. Nice. Also seems that people are killing each others alts to bypass what few in game mechanics there are to limit such behavior.

• Like 1

@buttercups

Isn't Bloodyhell your account?

Are you being a hypocrite?

Edited by RomaN

@buttercups

Isn't Bloodyhell your account?

Are you being a hypocrite?

Being a hypocrite how exactly...? I farmed Kwyzina on Bloodyhell, go on?

Your previous post lists only MR kills, conveniently leaving out all of JK and BL kills.

It would appear that your intention was to make it look as though only MR kill alts... but in reality, JK and BL have done it as well including yourself. That makes you a hypocrite.

No body cares about hypocrites on the internet keep your drama out of here crazy man. We are all hypocrites and a liar if we deny it. Whats that going go solve here other than defame your enemy.

The more logs just shows how much more of a problem this actually is. Keep them coming and help push for a change in fight skill cap, removal or make it so we can gain skill as fast as alt farmers

Edited by MetalDragon
  • Like 3

No body cares about hypocrites keep your drama out of here crazy man.

Metaldragon... if you truly cared for the accuracy of information then you should know that when people conceal the full extent of something, it can affect the outcome.

Are you genuinely trying to petition for the removal of a fight skill cap or was this thread started because you don't have resources yourself to catch up to where some people are?

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Shrimpiie, February 9, 2014 - Removed - Unncessary
Hidden by Shrimpiie, February 9, 2014 - Removed - Unncessary

getting better erry day....

giphy.gif

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Shrimpiie, February 10, 2014 - Removed - Personal attack
Hidden by Shrimpiie, February 10, 2014 - Removed - Personal attack

Roman are you a friggin idiot or what? Have you read this topic or just replying to the last few posts. God damn why do you spread your crazed stupidty around?

I am on par with your most experienced PvP players, I have many accounts (resources) to abuse to get to 100 if I wanted. This topic isn't about that its about trying to make the game fair for ALL.

I couldn't give two poops who is doing it, JK, MR, BL my anus, or juju the flying monkey tree. Its abuse of game mechanics which shouldn't be intended.

• Like 1

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Shrimpiie, February 10, 2014 - Removed - Response to now hidden post
Hidden by Shrimpiie, February 10, 2014 - Removed - Response to now hidden post

God damn why do you spread your crazed stupidty around?

Watch out guys, it`s like a flu.

Question are you going to just drag this out endlessly??

I am sure there was already a clarification about this issue.

If people got to use it for years it should be allowed for years to come to promote players coming to PvP.

Removing it will only create more imbalance from those that used it and those coming after them...

Do you want to open a Huge Window????

• Like 3

No body cares about hypocrites on the internet keep your drama out of here crazy man. We are all hypocrites and a liar if we deny it. Whats that going go solve here other than defame your enemy.

The more logs just shows how much more of a problem this actually is. Keep them coming and help push for a change in fight skill cap, removal or make it so we can gain skill as fast as alt farmers

I'ts not crazy if it's true.  Don't try to hide the facts.   The drama is in trying to portray that this whole issue is somehow special just because MR is doing it.  The reality is that this was never an issue until you started trying to play the pity card, when that didn't work, you tried to play the drama card.  When we pointed out that wasn't a good idea, now your trying to play the illogical card.    Good luck with that one.  

It still is a bit amusing that after all these years, and after you and many others have reaped immense benefit from the whole "Alt abuse"  you want to make it so it's not possible to get FS from them anymore, just because people now appear on death tabs.    And don't tell me you don't farm affinities off of alts or use them to spy, or try to find every way in the book to abuse them, because I can cite multiple examples of times when you and others have done that over and over again.   

Edited by Battlepaw

If people got to use it for years it should be allowed for years to come to promote players coming to PvP.

Removing it will only create more imbalance from those that used it and those coming after them...

Agreed.

I don't necessarily condone the use of alts for FS but you need to consider the fact that it's a problem that has been around for years. There are also players who have legitimately gained 90+ FS without the use of alts.

The suggestion to remove the soft cap makes it easier for people to reach higher levels in a shorter amount of time and devotion. While it may be a very appealing suggestion, it doesn't address the issue of alt farming at all. People can still just keep farming an alt for easy, low-risk FS.

Edited by RomaN

You forgot these ones.

[14:24:21] Gav slain by Gavin

[18:27:08] Senakal slain by Aramisii

[03:09:46] Theophilus slain by Eyesgood

[18:56:16] Keywide slain by Yurik

[18:57:25] Baid slain by Yurik

[17:26:39] Tenderwolf slain by Yurik 
[17:26:57] Keywide slain by Yurik

[02:16:55] Gav slain by Gavin

[18:08:03] Kwyzina slain by Bloodyhell 

[16:17:58] Kwyzina slain by Bloodyhell

[16:20:25] Kwyzina slain by Bloodyhell

[22:47:12] Hellroth slain by Whykillme

[19:01:26] Keywide slain by Yurik 
[19:01:26] Baid slain by Yurik

[19:01:32] Tenderwolf slain by Yurik

[19:55:24] Keywide slain by Yurik 
[19:55:39] Tenderwolf slain by Yurik

I didn't though only some i did as i wasnt on when they happened. 

Edited by atazs

Remove the cap entirely. 100FS will be easy, feasible in a week of hunting only(even though it took stormcrow months of playtime constantly hunting; he should get a special compensation if this gets considered no joke).This insane suggestion derives from watching all the windows of opportunity that were either limited and nothing done, or were limited but everyone penalized in the past, so I'm suggesting something odd and unheard of.

The catch to this change would be the implementation of SKILL DECAY for OVERALL FIGHTING ONLY. You would lose a point(entire point 100.00 to 99.00) in fighting every 7 days without a skill tick of any size. This would make 100fs achievable yet hard to maintain quite 100fs, and 99fs definitely easy to maintain for even inactive players. (if you can't kill a spider once a week, you shouldn't have 100fs to begin with). Also if you want, make it so skill decay only happens above 90FS since 90 seems to be what most people have achieved honestly but any further would take alt killing to get in most cases.

Another solution is looking at everyone's FS as of the change, and making that the value where skill decay stops at. Like if i have 90fs when caps are removed for hunting and suggestion implemented, everything after 90 will eventually decay back to 90 if i stop fighting for 7+ days. this option is too late though, so for it to work we would have to do something that might take a little longer to code. The fix would be to calculate the total fighting skill gained from all PvP (player(and alt) kills) kills and subtract that from every players current fighting skill. This would leave them with their practice doll gains to 20 and any hunting they did. This would be the value where every above that value eventually decays back to.

Example: if i killed animals to 70.03fs but killed alts to 93.04 fs, i would have a decay value at 70.03 fs. everything after 70.03fs would eventually decay away to 70.03 if i don't gain anything for 24 weeks.  Another instance is if i gained 50fs from hunting/practice doll then killed a character for example .25 fs gain, then hunted till 70fs, and killed alts to 100fs from there(before change implemented), I would have a decay value of 69.75 fs. my fighting skill decay would stop at 69.75 fs. In a THIRD example: If i hunted/practice dolled to 83.05FS and killed people till 85.05 FS, then hunted to 99.05 FS, my skill decay stopping point value would be 97.05 FS. only the easy gains after that hard work would decay, and they would stop at 97.05. This way I would still have an edge on everyone else that exploited alts prior to the change. Does this make sense or shall I explain this further? Please say so, I don't want someone disagreeing because of my vagueness*

brown= my most balanced and fair suggestion highlighted so as to not be confused with anything else in this post that also accounts for the hard blood sweat and tears put in to FS by some players like Stormcrow that might quit the game if their hard work(months of their /playtime time ingame prior to this change) ends up being the equivalent of 3 days hunting (*the current 100fs in a month of not even a month of playtime via alt killing is already discouraging enough) also (not all would quit, i use plurality assuming there are others that i don't know about that put blood, sweat, and tears into their overall fighting.)

Pick apart this suggestion as much as you want. Change it up and post a better solution. Openly discuss it please.

• Like 2

If it is not possible to calculate the amount gained from past pvp kills (alt or not), then assume .25 is the value gained, or calculate the average of killing a 60fs toon with 70fs toon 1v1 and add that as the amount gained in my equation above explained above in highlighted brown text.

edit: current fs(at time of update) - total kills*.25(or amount a 70fs toon gains from a 60fs toon) = your skill decay cap. skill decay of FS would stop at skill decay cap.

Edited by Deathangel
  • Like 1