Sign in to follow this  
MetalDragon

Fight Skill from Alt accounts clarification

I posted this on chaos thread, but occurred to me I should probably post it here :P

I don't play on wild anymore, but I think alts are fair enough. A lot of the old accounts have used exploits or windows of opportunity to gain skills illegitimately and have crazy good skills because of it. People use these alts to try and compete. If anything it is good for chaos because it means that people who haven't been playing the game long actually have a way to get close to the old accounts that are playing on chaos, if they want to put a bit of money into it. They really are only getting close too, they've managed to get one skill to 90+, lets not even mention the countless other windows of opportunities that have made the chaos accounts so high skilled as they are today (I know not everyone has used these, but lets face it, there are tonns of accounts out there that are only as good as they are today because of these windows). It's good for Rolf too because it means that people are spending money buying premium on accounts that wouldn't otherwise have premium. 

Overall I think that chaos is too far gone, too many exploits and windows of opportunity to have crazy accounts with 70+ shield bashing, crazy body control or other fighting related skills, that anyway for new people to even get close to these old accounts shouldn't be taken away from them, but encouraged so that you guys get more people on the pvp field. 

Just my 2 cents  :)

• Like 2

There is no way you can fix alt killing really other than hindering it (like the limited amount of kills a day mechanic). The only really way to solve it is to not offer the reward anyway, I don't know how people would like that.

And yes thanks, we established everybody does it :)

Obviously gaining skill from killing alts is not an ideal situation and it should have never happened in the first place (we did mention at the time of the FF gaining skill from anything other than animals will be abused in all shapes and form) but regardless it has been ingame for a long time and a few people have got extremely high skill from it. Personally, myself, in the past week or so I have started doing this also as I saw heaps of people doing it and I don't want to be left in the dark. I'm around 90fs from hunting legit but when you see how easy it is to do this in comparison you feel like a schmuck for hunting.

If anything is changed just consider that it would create another window of opportunity if you just removed the possibility to do this; for it to be changed you really need to go and remove the gains people have got from it which may or may not be possible. I would be 100% for such a change if it was possible.

How come I feel like whatever is going on here is going to cost me 8+ fs skill points again?

Edited by As_I_Decay
  • Like 4

You bring up the fact that this is difficult for a freedomer to gain fight skill as they cannot kill other people for fight skill..

but  why would a freedomer need 90fs to kill creeps?

Killing alts or killing people on chaos there still risk for reward.... if a freedomer wants to do it let him/her BUT IN CHAOS.

Rolf nerfed the Fight skill gain by limiting the amount of times you can kill someone and gain fight skill.First day u can kill someone 3 times and gain Fight skill and then once every 24 hours after that...

You dont like the alt killing Do a Locate soul and find out where the person is doing it :P you know hes gona log the alt on every 24 hours :P

Going out and killing an alt for an affinity.... IS SAID TO BE "OK" But your still gaining FS... and then your getting a 10% skill gain on that SKILL! 

Anyways get out and PVP then there would be no need for alt killing :) 

LOVE YOU BYE

You bring up the fact that this is difficult for a freedomer to gain fight skill as they cannot kill other people for fight skill..

but  why would a freedomer need 90fs to kill creeps?

That's not even the point.

Last time something like this happened, everyone got a 5% hit to their FS... including freedomers that had nothing to do with the exploitation.

I worked hard for my FS... apparently harder than some of the PVP folks. Stop getting it taken away from me!

• Like 2

I'd feel like all the time I spent grinding fighting would be wasted if the soft cap was removed, making it easier for people to exceed my current fight skill level in a shorter amount of time and devotion.

The problem you mentioned is alt farming. Removing the soft cap just makes it easier for people to reach high fight levels. It doesn't do anything to address the issue of alt farming.

While it doesn't solve the issue, it gives everyone the ability to reach the max cap of 100, since it would be so much easier skilling it with hunting - the purpose of using alts for FS would be pointless.

Time spent skilling it would be pointless yes but you have high weapon and subskills because of it which obviously plays more of a role in PvP and hunting now.

you dun need alts, just hunt and pvppp, killing a few people in a group can still give like .3+ fs at 99+, only issue is at 99.995+ kills now give like 0.0000x fs per but at that point you're pretty much still at the max

dont change the softcap either, but alt killing is pretty dumb but kinda hard to fix that without punishing legit kills

make alt killing a bannable offense and retroactively ban people who have done it or at least strip them of their fight skill

• Like 8

why now im thinking this issue matter cause there isnt much pvp on chaos? :P

why now im thinking this issue matter cause there isnt much pvp on chaos? :P

Tbh the reasons pvp, or more specifically individual pvp doesn't happen much is because of the extreme disparity of new players vs old ones,  but is it impossible, or is the gap overhyped?  

Yep, mostly I think it is, however makeing a newbie fight like a vet isn't the response that is needed or wanted.   Skills once gained should actually mean something, and an older account SHOULD be more powerful.  The issues are the unique advantages a player that has a farwalker or insanely high shield bash skill, or shield of the gone posses, and the fact that those gaps are so high and that they make a rather large impact in pvp.   

These gaps have been created by game mechanics and extended to a point that even a player like myself who knows what I'm doing, and how to gain skill in those areas, knows it is unlikely I will ever catch up.   The farwalker issue in particular is probably the worst since it revolves around obtaining an item that is nearly impossible to find for sale at any price.   The ones that are exchanged these days are normally done within kingdoms, rarely on open forums.   

The price issue on chaos of Drake, and that stupid amulet do have an impact, it is easy to see reflected in how we fight there.   

This isn't to say however that you can't do anything, just that it is very hard to be effective as an individual, unless you are a FO priest or something.   That's why most of our pvp is based around small group fighting, not no lone ranger crap.  A new player CAN be effective if he knows what to watch out for and can easily survive against more experienced players.  The issues just makes it disparagingly hard to actually KILL them.    

The few times I've seen Xallo drop for example are when he gets sliced up in the space of a few seconds before he has much time to react or kick on his farwalker amulet and escape.  This pattern is able to be seen with other players like that too.    This is why all of us were laughing our butts off at all the QQ, by the vets when Rolf accidentally gave out farwalker amulets for the Christmas gift.   For far too long it's always been their ace in the hole that none of us, no matter how hard we work can hope to match.    

I posted this on chaos thread, but occurred to me I should probably post it here :P

I don't play on wild anymore, but I think alts are fair enough. A lot of the old accounts have used exploits or windows of opportunity to gain skills illegitimately and have crazy good skills because of it. People use these alts to try and compete. If anything it is good for chaos because it means that people who haven't been playing the game long actually have a way to get close to the old accounts that are playing on chaos, if they want to put a bit of money into it. They really are only getting close too, they've managed to get one skill to 90+, lets not even mention the countless other windows of opportunities that have made the chaos accounts so high skilled as they are today (I know not everyone has used these, but lets face it, there are tonns of accounts out there that are only as good as they are today because of these windows). It's good for Rolf too because it means that people are spending money buying premium on accounts that wouldn't otherwise have premium. 

Overall I think that chaos is too far gone, too many exploits and windows of opportunity to have crazy accounts with 70+ shield bashing, crazy body control or other fighting related skills, that anyway for new people to even get close to these old accounts shouldn't be taken away from them, but encouraged so that you guys get more people on the pvp field. 

Just my 2 cents  :)

+1

Common sense simply fails here

In ANY other game such actions would be considered forbidden, everyone understands its game breaking and bad.

It's simple alt exploiting and must be nerfed/stopped/forbidden/punished. If it will be Allowed to continue, now Everyone will do it and in short time we will have every 70fs guy boosted 95+.

Sorry Rolf, but if you dont understand it, there's some serious problem with you. 

Just watch, if there will be no actions taken in short time, then soon, If it will be Allowed to continue, everyone, and his horse, will do it and in short time we will have most 70fs guy boosted 95+.

And Then maybe Rolf will wake up and nerf Everyone's FS and fair players will suffer as well. Now how does that sound hmm

• Like 2

Common sense simply fails here

In ANY other game such actions would be considered forbidden, everyone understands its game breaking and bad.

It's simple alt exploiting and must be nerfed/stopped/forbidden/punished. If it will be Allowed to continue, now Everyone will do it and in short time we will have every 70fs guy boosted 95+.

Sorry Rolf, but if you dont understand it, there's some serious problem with you. 

Just watch, if there will be no actions taken in short time, then soon, If it will be Allowed to continue, everyone, and his horse, will do it and in short time we will have most 70fs guy boosted 95+.

And Then maybe Rolf will wake up and nerf Everyone's FS and fair players will suffer as well. Now how does that sound hmm

Then pls explain how do you want to fix that...

Then pls explain how do you want to fix that...

I guess if there's tabs of one person constantly killing another person it's obvious alt killing.

• Like 1

@battlepaw: I mean is if wurm magically have many players pvping.. there is not even need to use alt for skilling hmm?.. cause you find people everywhere.. but it is a dream for now ;) .

Edited by rosedragon
  • Like 1

There is no perfect solution. At least one group of people will be disappointed

A: Change feature and leave skill gained through it (unfair to those who didn't alt abuse)

B: Change feature and punish those who did it with skill loss (easily identifiable by server logs)

C: Leave feature and let everyone get high FS using these means (other factors will eventually determine difference more in pvp e.g player skill, stats, equipment)

D: Leave feature but make hunting easier in return (people who didn't abuse alts and got the skill 'genuinely' feel slapped)

I say 'genuinely' there because we still had things like bashing lairs, extreme hell horse gains, lair undermining etc etc and chances are you've taken advantage of at least one

So which is it people? A B C or D?

Edited by Derp
  • Like 2

Do A and end the pointless "window of opportunity missed" nonsense.  If nobody said it was illegal to do they shouldn't be punished.  Just because some people gained, doesn't mean we need to leave it open for more to use.  Close the windows and move on.

• Like 2

-1, legit players such as myself have gained 90+ fs without alts, why should others get the easy route?

*nod nod nod*

Just nerf gains?

No need to remove fs gain from pvp kills at all, just set it like with 1month cooldown as suggested before. It's not like same ppl get killed every 2 days (legit kills i mean).

Ok some kills happens more often, but ppl never said that pvp is all about to get kill just for FS, affs and loot matters the most, right.

Idk, its touchy, sensitive topic, and that month cooldown might be just one from easiest solutions.

But if there will be No changes on said topic, what so ever, i dont see why i should stay back at my lousy low 90's while others skyrocket to 100.

I might just do the same, and i will help around 10 of my villagers to do same.. And once that kicks in, im sure there will be pleeenty of more ppl following it. So yeh, as someone said before, soon new pvp requirement will be 100fs.. =/

• Like 1

Are the alts of another kingdom? If so, wouldn't this player be using an (illegal) proxy IP to play 2 kingdoms at once? Using a enemy kingdom player for the gain/stat gain of another kingdom member ( AKA alt farming) is a bannable offense, Atleast on epic.