Sign in to follow this  
Redd

Remove the archery penalties.

I can parry with a long sword all the attacks from a lava fiend with a great helm, but when it comes to use a bow, I'm suddenly blind!

Wogic go away :(

+1

I guess we now have to adapt.

Perhaps give open helmets some face damage resistance, but just far less compared to great helms.

You cannot change just one little thing. You either do a full overhaul of all armour and weaponry or you keep your hands of it, this just shows some people don't know what they are doing.

He dous...

Just saying I'm sick of Rolf only lazily scrolling the first page of something and picking out what appears to be the popular points to work on, without any context of who is suggesting it and why. It's his same strategy for everything and it has never worked. He tries to shortcut and always misses the mark,

Not that jackburton has any less right to opinion and I know he is playing again but hadn't been for a long time and is probably more active on the forum than in game. And that's the silliest thing about it is that Rolf only sees the opinions of the random loudest people and acts on that without consideration for the rest of the players and it's a mistake every time.

• Like 2

screw it guys , just make it so no archery in plate............ DO IT +1 (runs)

maybe wait for new armor types tbh though, I like idea of it being the best protection but with a flaw.  then might see different armors, (everyone will use heaviest that can shoot)  and some might forego the archery to be tanky as hell, (fo, vyn preist spring to mind as dont shoot without faith loss anyway)

Big changes though and shouldn't be throw in update ninja style. 

Edited by Rushy

just to throw this in there, archery is missing alot in pvp since update  discuss....

Edited by Rushy

Replace it with an additional 1-2 seconds for aiming.

That would make more sense and would be more real.

We aren't all legolas, unless we all know persian archery, and with that style of archery, plate users should be pin-cushions then, but we can't have that. :L

I also always thought stupid how longbow used on horseback, could be another potential nerf area, give medium and small a boost, change is scary i know, but diversity is fun. Want to shoot uber far sorry but need get off your horse, annoying but possibly fair.

ps. My suggestions are part of a big update not something i want to log in tomorrow and see happen, as need balance and thought not rushed.

Edited by Rushy

just to throw this in there, archery is missing alot in pvp since update  discuss....

Yep seems like my 99 archery is about equal to 10

I think people should be able to sacrifice protection for firepower and vice-versa. A one-size-fits-all "best" armor should not exist, and that's what great helms were. In my opinion:

• Add a significant accuracy bonus for open helms. Someone who takes such a large risk should be able to get around shields fairly reliably. Maybe add a bonus to armor penetration as well (your improved accuracy allows you to hit weak spots more easily and therefore glance less).
  • Buff archery speed for people wearing light armor. Debuff archery speed for heavier armor.
  • Increase the difficulty of faceshots, especially for archers wearing great helms and basinet helms.
  • Add a timer for armor swapping.

This way, armor diversity is promoted and people who want to be an "aggressive" archer can be a valuable asset to their group and not die immediately. But people who prefer the current meta can still be nearly as effective as they currently are without being forced to take extra risks.

Edited by Fawkes
  • Like 2

Make eye shots ultra rare, can't imagine they are common in real life if that's the reasoning behind the adjustment to helms.

Tell that to the ghost of Harold.

(somewhere near the White Cliffs, Hastings 1066)

Its silly because 1 person suggested something and the community disliked it, yet it was still implemented.. there were other ways of going about it... but +1