Sign in to follow this  
DeriJay

Any Mac Users able to play?

Are there any Mac users able to play after todays (Jan 14th 2014) update?

Tried the "stable" Hah!  :), unstable and the test fighting one.  All crash.

• Like 1

No, and I tried all my usual tricks - different graphic settings, different java versions, etc.

alot is messed up. Water not showing properly, doors bugged to mine. Some ppl saying food has been changed/bugged aswell some grafical issues regarding to horses. Fps drops for many players. Alot wrong atm.

Won't even launch for me.

Environment: Mac OSX 10.8.5

Application error: Missing required Permissions manifest attribute in main jar: http://www.wurmonline/client/wurmclient.jar

Full Launch file output:

<jnlp spec="1.0" codebase="http://www.wurmonline.com/client/" href="wurmclient.jnlp">

<information>

<title>Wurm Online</title>

<vendor>Code Club AB</vendor>

<homepage href="http://www.wurmonline.com/"/>

<description>Wurm Online client</description>

<icon href="wurm-icon-128-w.jpg" width="128" height="128"/>

<icon href="wurm-icon-64-w.jpg" width="64" height="64"/>

<icon href="wurm-icon-32-w.jpg" width="32" height="32"/>

<icon href="wurm-icon-16-w.jpg" width="16" height="16"/>

<icon kind="splash" href="splash.gif"/>

<shortcut online="true">

<desktop/>

<menu submenu="Wurm Online"/>

</shortcut>

</information>

<update check="timeout" policy="always"/>

<security>

<all-permissions/>

</security>

<resources>

<j2se href="http://java.sun.com/products/autodl/j2se" version="1.6+" initial-heap-size="128M" max-heap-size="800M"/>

<property name="sun.java2d.noddraw" value="true"/>

<property name="org.lwjgl.input.Mouse.allowNegativeMouseCoords" value="true"/>

<jar href="wurmclient.jar" main="true"/>

<jar href="wurmres.jar"/>

<jar href="libraries-stable-2013/colladabind.jar" version="1.0.0"/>

<jar href="libraries-stable-2013/irclib.jar" version="1.10"/>

<jar href="libraries-stable-2013/jogg.jar" version="0.0.7"/>

<jar href="libraries-stable-2013/jorbis.jar" version="0.0.15"/>

<jar href="libraries-stable-2013/joXSI.jar" version="1.0.0"/>

<jar href="libraries-stable-2013/jzipupdate.jar" version="0.9.1"/>

<jar href="libraries-stable-2013/lwjgl.jar" version="2.9.1"/>

<jar href="libraries-stable-2013/lwjgl_util.jar" version="2.9.1"/>

<jar href="libraries-stable-2013/PNGDecoder.jar" version="0.0.1"/>

<jar href="libraries-stable-2013/slick-util.jar" version="b208"/>

<jar href="libraries-stable-2013/vecmath.jar" version="1.5.2"/>

<jar href="libraries-stable-2013/jbullet.jar" version="1.0.0"/>

<jar href="libraries-stable-2013/commons-codec.jar" version="1.4"/>

<jar href="libraries-stable-2013/commons-httpclient.jar" version="3.1"/>

<jar href="libraries-stable-2013/commons-logging.jar" version="1.1.3"/>

</resources>

<resources os="Win" arch="x86">

<nativelib href="libraries-stable-2013/lwjgl-natives-windows.jar" version="2.9.1"/>

</resources>

<resources os="Win" arch="amd64">

<nativelib href="libraries-stable-2013/lwjgl-natives-windows.jar" version="2.9.1"/>

</resources>

<resources os="Mac" arch="ppc">

<nativelib href="libraries-stable-2013/lwjgl-natives-macosx.jar" version="2.9.1"/>

</resources>

<resources os="Mac" arch="i386">

<nativelib href="libraries-stable-2013/lwjgl-natives-macosx.jar" version="2.9.1"/>

</resources>

<resources os="Mac" arch="x86_64">

</resources>

<resources os="Linux" arch="i386">

<nativelib href="libraries-stable-2013/lwjgl-natives-linux.jar" version="2.9.1"/>

</resources>

<resources os="Linux" arch="x86">

<nativelib href="libraries-stable-2013/lwjgl-natives-linux.jar" version="2.9.1"/>

</resources>

<resources os="Linux" arch="amd64">

</resources>

<resources os="Linux" arch="x86_64">

</resources>

<resources os="SunOS" arch="sparc">

<nativelib href="libraries-stable-2013/lwjgl-natives-solaris.jar" version="2.9.1"/>

</resources>

<application-desc main-class="com.wurmonline.client.WurmLauncher">

<argument>jenn001.game.wurmonline.com</argument>

</application-desc>

</jnlp>

Exception output:

java.lang.SecurityException: Missing required Permissions manifest attribute in main jar: http://www.wurmonline.com/client/wurmclient.jar

at com.sun.deploy.security.DeployManifestChecker.verifyMainJar(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.deploy.security.DeployManifestChecker.verifyMainJar(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.doLaunchApp(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)

This needs a fix in the client java file by the looks. Current workarounds in Java Control Panel (I got there from System Preferences):

1. Add http://www.wurmonline.com to the site exceptions list.

2. Set security level to medium.

These workarounds should give a prompt that you have to authorise but should get the client running. Probably best to revert these settings as soon as the client is updated to fix our issue.

Just did as suggested, it launched client window /crash on splash screen again 

Thanks Andobi,

This got me through the update, but now it crashes at the Connecting to server... stage of the loading screen. I'll probably just wait for a fix or instructions from the developers.

Tried Andobi's fix with a fresh java and client download, and it has the exact same crash after the loading screen says "Welcome!"

Thank you Andobi, that got my launcher working.

After getting the launcher working I crashed on the welcome screen and got this: "Unexpected crash while playing The error was: <javax.vecmath.Vector3f.getZ()F>"

For me the problem was outdated Java3d 1.3 files located in /System/Library/Java/Extensions/ from the old apple supplied Java 6 installation. I'm using the Oracle supplied Java 7 so I outright removed the Java folder in /System/Library/ and reinstalled Java 7 just in case. I then rebooted and launched Wurm successfully! :)

One note though: I had to disable GLSL shaders to get a playable FPS where as before the update having it enabled worked just fine.

OS X 10.8.5. I have tried uninstalling Java completely, going to the "Go" menu, holding the options button and entering Library, and deleting the Oracle folder completely.  Then installed java 7.45 , restarted computer.  Set security to medium.  Disabled GLSL in the compatibility section.  Nothing works.  The same error occurs and the client crashes at the splash screen after saying "Welcome!"  I always run the game on extreme minimum graphics, too.

Unexpected crash while playing The error was: <javax.vecmath.Vector3f.====== CLIENT CRASH ======

Unexpected crash while playing

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax.vecmath.Vector3f.getZ()F

at class.O.a(SourceFile:765)

at class.ao.a(SourceFile:213)

at com.wurmonline.client.h.e(SourceFile:328)

at com.wurmonline.client.h.run(SourceFile:1464)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)

()F>

Edited by Apotheon

My suggestion was to fix the launcher not loading. Seems you guys are having issues with crashing when the game is loading up (do you see the "connecting to server" screen?) which I also experienced after getting the launcher to load. I managed to load and stay in game with my multi client settings (a lot of settings lowered or disabled) so you might try to create a new game config to mess with for a bit until the fix comes.

If i fiddle with the compatibility stuff, some options make it crash at the connecting to server phase, but If i simply have GLSL disabled it crashes after welcoming me back to Wurm.  Either way it doesn't make it past the splash screen.  I've tried opening with the console as suggested in the frequent mac problems section, and that doesn't work either.

I'll just add then that I'm playing on a mac now after updating java and the wurm client (I redownloaded the jnlp from the website btw), so it is possible. I'm no expert on java and don't have all the answers but I wanted you all to know that this is not an issue that should prevent all mac users from playing.

I'm trying to play it on a mac and its not working.  Guess I'll try re-loading everything like Andobi did.  

Hmm, by the looks of this (And I ain't no dev or game maker =P) it would seem it's either the Java Blacklist (Why doesn't Apple just Blacklist everything else that requires Java, like almost every single website? Lol) or it seems to be the strange as hell, <javax.vecmath.Vector3f.getZ()F> crash as soon as the player is connected to the server and welcomed.

Only taking a guess, but it would seem that new LWJGL (2.9.1) update is Blacklisting Mac's (Lol, joking, but it would seem it's something to do with either the LWJGL or entirely Java). I for one have gotten the 'Downloading Wurm' Java box from first installing Wurm multiple times now, which is annoying as hell now...

Either the dev's are losing the mass majority of the Mac players, they're going to need to find a fix for it or a more simplier approach and downgrade the Java version till a fix is found. Regardless, all three methods are annoying in their own ways.

There is the fix that Andobi posted on the previous page, but other then that *Shrugs*. It's quite saddening to see such a old game only now having trouble with quite a lot of users on a single OS...

Edited by Fenrir_Danecia

I updated java and redownloaded the wurm client like Andobi said and that solved the problem for me.

There's a new Java update it seems.  I downloaded that, configured Java as per what Andobi suggested, set all the top 4 compatibility options to disabled and was able to get in.  Rendering on floor tiles is awful though :)