Sign in to follow this  
Maximustehgreat

+1 to Combat changes

Except the great helm BS. Remove it. You can't remove your helm, your enemy will remove his, and as you are shooting his horse, he will shoot you in the face and you will die.

• Like 1

Except the great helm BS. Remove it. You can't remove your helm, your enemy will remove his, and as you are shooting his horse, he will shoot you in the face and you will die.

This

= people who don't pay attention will die, how is that a bad thing?

• Like 5

I think the changes are great. The helm change is good. Gives other types a chance to get used! Nobody is forcing you to walk around with a naked head :) The gank change makes sense too. In group fights, instead of focusing on one person people will now "duel", thats perfect(It's sad that so few get it). Everybody will have their share of PvP. It always sucks to be the first one going down doesnt it? :)  There will still be 5v1 ofc. But thats where the agressive fighting change comes in. Whoever the one person isnt targeting, starts using agressive.

The gank change makes sense too. In group fights, instead of focusing on one person people will now "duel",

How?

fights mighst last around the same time as the reverse gank might be offset by extra aggressive damage.  But speculation, maybe they saw how new stance wrecking people when focus so added the reverse gank, not sure.

Removing your helm in pvp is suicide. If an archer sees someone with their helm off they'll do >Aim at face which, if hit, does like a 70dmg wound. The only reason we wear a plate helm on pvp servers is because we have to or we'll constantly get shot in the face as no other armour protects the face. Also, having to remove helm as well as remove shield remove sword put bow in hand shoot shoot shoot start getting shot at take bow out of hand put shield on put sword in hand put helm back on... It's bloody annoying. I miss the day where I could just have the bow active by double click and shoot away, was much easier.

• Like 1

Bet you miss horses running backwards at 40 km too?

I do it was the best part about Epic.

= people who don't pay attention will die, how is that a bad thing?

The great helm change will only make archery basically useless. No one will use it with the insane risk of basically instant death. So archery in pvp will be completely pointless. No one's going to risk 80e or 240e on the chance they don't get shot in the face and drop. 

The great helm change will only make archery basically useless. No one will use it with the insane risk of basically instant death. So archery in pvp will be completely pointless. No one's going to risk 80e or 240e on the chance they don't get shot in the face and drop. 

Yeah they will. People will go on. PvP will happen. Most of the people that look at these latest changes don't give themselves and this PvP community enough credit. We'll adapt and the face of PvP will change...for the better I might add. Variety is the spice of life. Everyone running around in full plate and an AR-15 longbow is just ridiculous.

As for the people that spent money on drake armors, they might want to check out the new armor values coming out soon.

• Like 2

Yeah they will. People will go on. PvP will happen. Most of the people that look at these latest changes don't give themselves and this PvP community enough credit. We'll adapt and the face of PvP will change...for the better I might add. Variety is the spice of life. Everyone running around in full plate and an AR-15 longbow is just ridiculous.

As for the people that spent money on drake armors, they might want to check out the new armor values coming out soon.

Exactly, everyone will swap to basinet helms and great helms will never be used again.

• Like 1

I completely agree that people wearing full plate armour should not be able to use archery, that is ridiculous. However there is a problem with head armour in that it doesn't protect you from face shots, that shouldn't be the case. I shouldn't need to wear a plate great helm with my drake or scale armour, but I have to in order to not die within 10 seconds of walking out into battle.

Why not do the simple fix of not being able to shoot a bow only if you're in full plate armour, not just a helm?

Looks like archers have to just use basinet helms now. :P

Edited by Madt

Exactly, everyone will swap to basinet helms and great helms will never be used again.

I'll use great helms...cuz archery is for slowing down a horse so you can ride up to them and beat them with a stick.

Why not do the simple fix of not being able to shoot a bow only if you're in full plate armour, not just a helm?

Cuz then people will still where a full plate set except for one chain gauntlet. ANd that's better how?

I completely agree that people wearing full plate armour should not be able to use archery, that is ridiculous. However there is a problem with head armour in that it doesn't protect you from face shots, that shouldn't be the case. I shouldn't need to wear a plate great helm with my drake or scale armour, but I have to in order to not die within 10 seconds of walking out into battle.

So everyone should have to wear drake or scale to compete in pvp on chaos?

I mean its pretty much halfway there, but why not lockout the ability to use skills completely to new players.

• Like 1

So everyone should have to wear drake or scale to compete in pvp on chaos?

I mean its pretty much halfway there, but why not lockout the ability to use skills completely to new players.

No not at all, you can wear whatever armour you like, but whatever armour you choose to wear if it has a head piece (like a chain coif for a chain set) you have to throw that coif away and swap it for a great helm if you want to pvp on chaos.

Cuz then people will still where a full plate set except for one chain gauntlet. ANd that's better how?

And how hard can it be to implement a check so that if you're wearing the majority of a plate set you'll not be able to shoot? Or even better, you can't shoot if you're wearing more than one piece of plate armour. That way people can still wear helmets but if they put on one more piece of plate they can't shoot.

I want fairness as much as everyone else does. If you've never been shot in the face when not wearing a helm you'll see why it's such a pain when you do. Especially if two archers are targeting you, you'll be dead in seconds.

And its fine you or anyone else not using archery, but what about those of us who do? I trained archery hard to be able to make use of it in pvp, kinda unfair to just have this risk requirement dumped on archers who trained for all that time.

This is obviously an epic only needed update since I think it was an epic guy who suggested it in the fruits thread. Chaos doesn't need this.

Not.

• Like 2

I use archery Madt, everyone does. That's why this update has everyone pissing their little panties. They'll have to think before they act. OMG, what are people going to do now? Yes, this inconveniences me as well, because I have been running around in a full plate suit for ages. ###### got stale. Time for a change.

The usual suspects are the ones that constantly post suggestions for more variety and leveling the playing field when it comes to PvP, yet the very same people are crying foul now that they might have to abandon their sacred PvP paradigm in order to adjust with the changes. If you think the archery change is mind blowing, then I suspect you haven't seen the armor values for your precious dragon armor yet.

• Like 4

I dont care what changes are made aslong as they make the game better. I saw the intention behind the great helm thing but Rolf just did it the wrong way. In another game I played encumbrance played a vital part in pvp. You wanna walk around in full, heavy metal plate like iron man and be a tank? Cool, but it's gonna take you like 30 seconds to knock that one arrow cause of how heavy your armour is.

It's all about balancing things out.

I'm not one of the people who only like changes that benefit themselves. If something needs a change to make a better game then go for it, its just with Rolf sometimes he'll do a half ###'d job of fixing something and you kinda need to make a fuss about it or he'll leave it that way forever. What I like to call a band-aid fix. It's kinda funny really, if there was a water tank leaking, the wurm way of fixing it would be to bust a bigger hole in the tank so all the water empties out. The leak is no longer your problem, problem solved.