Sign in to follow this  
Radni

-1 devs, -1.

i think is too early to say the fix doesn't work.

some don't pvp for long times because they don;t have the "numbers"  would it be that hard for you to stop pvp for a while because your "numbers" are not so effective at slaughtering ppl anymore?

EDIT: i think fights should last longer now and take a different strategy, might be less kills , ppl may retreat in mid fight and probably get away, but i'm certain there will be more ppl willing to engage in a fight now.

Edited by viruskiller

No it means you still have a chance of hitting, just not taking them down as fast as you did. So now it doesn't become a numbers game

hes just upset man

i dont think you realize that his kingdom roams with 18 to do hota when there are only 25 on the server

• Like 1

That's a good fix. Piling up on one person was always retarded.

+1

I wouldn't say that, I remember seeing a particular video clip by Bashur...

• Like 1

This change is actually quite awesome. Love it. Rewards older players, which it should. If you're a skilled fighter you should takin lesser skilled people down, even if they're in larger groups. Compare this to kung fu, or other martial arts. If you're good, you take em down!

Edited by agentusp
  • Like 1

IMO remove gank bonus. If you are an older player you probably grinded more skills and spend more time in the game, experience/skills make you stronger.

In WoW a noob could never beat a old player because they're simply way more skilled and usually higher level, it goes this way with nearly all games. Why should wurm be different?

Everyone can see the system right now doesn't work, and I think people that put in time and effort should always be stronger then someone who hasn't.

You can't tell me that its normal for 3x lvl 50 in wow to beat a lvl 70.

You can't tell me that its normal for 3 fairly new players to beat a grinded player in wurm simply because they hold gank bonus.

I agree remove the gank bonus, I like the sounds of the new system, but need to get some feed back before knowing if its very effective.

but as for the older toons. This myth needs to just.... stop being used to scare new players from trying Wild. 

Sorry but Ive seen roughly 30+ skill dumps of veteran accounts, from both MR and JK forums. I assure you older accounts do not at all mean they have massive skills, nor stats. Vast majority are 40-50 stats, 70-80 fs. Only a few pushed further.  Wurm is about EFFORT when it comes to skills not time. This is not WoW, this is not EvE. time played means nothing if you did not continue to push ahead. Those accounts are years older than mine, Im pushing into the 70s on stats in under 2 years. sure call me crazy, no life ect ect ect. I put in the effort because Ive played far to many games that limit you to class systems, why not push on in a game that allows? Im going to be playing Wurm for a long long time, why not continue to develop my toon. Will never say "good enough". I know my style of gaming is not the same as everyone elses. if they are happy with their effort and their toons, great. just wanted to state the fact that time does not equal skill in wurm. 

Edited by Cerberus
  • Like 3

Yeah son i get buffed!

tumblr_mliiyh22nB1qflk9ro1_500.gif 

GREAT scene from a great movie :3. Good taste DD.

As for this thread. OP pls. Y u do dis? Giving some CR to the underdog isn't going make that underdog an Ip Man.

i.e.  3 MR vs 1 JK is still favorable to the 3. At least gives that 1 JK a chance to take 1 or 2 (if lucky) MR down with him.

Edited by Banzai
  • Like 2

This is a good change... it will mean more people will go out alone for PVP and not be worried about being zerged by a buncha new players and being killed.

now the Person who has been grinding and deserves it will be rewarded instead of being ganked and not get any kills :P

although will still die to a 3 equal stat fighters easy :P

Great change

• Like 1

When more than a certain number of people attack at once there does become a point where its not to the attackers' advantage.

Thats even when giving the fight a nice broad, unobstructed, open room. Situations like five foot tall, narrow hallways are a whole nother ballgame.

EDIT: Not to mention piles of dead bards providing cover.

Edited by Klaa

EDIT: Not to mention piles of dead bards providing cover.

Meatshields!

ITT people with little to know testing spout off about things they seem to pretend to know alot about.

I think its much better now, well done Rolf and the team!

yup.

On the test server, it felt broken for me, I didn't need to parry much with a small axe to kill 2-3 people in a 1v4, I just simply parried a kazillon times with my shield, or evaded like a mad man in the fights, but I kind of want to see how it works on the Epic server., where plate is the meta, but I said this like when it came out, make the gank bonus curve.

1s a duel, 2s a kill, 3s a gank (Where it starts to curve downward), 4s getting clustered, 5s a party, 6s a army.

1 person hitting from the back, and another from the font, obvious reason that 2 should have a the gank bonus, then it should curve downwards :P

If you're fighting against 3 enemies you're most likely to die anyway, you just get a chance to run few extra tiles or land few extra hits. Don't really see this as a bad change, sorry.

If made more realistic it should be a gank bonus for up to say 3-4 players attacking one player but if you add more say 5 against one, only the first 3 should get gank bonus and the remaining two should not hit at all or not very often to simulate that they can't reach the defender. Of course this needs more logic in the code to realize it than just buffing the defender but it also adds more tactical decisions to think about for the players. Like if the some worse players are attacking first the more experienced players attacking later will not be able to do any good until the fist ones are dead or leaves the fight.

How are archers counted by the way, are those attackers just like melee players?

Also, is this effective in PvE equally as in PvP? What happens to fights against stronger foes like Dragons, Kyklops etc? Are they impossible to kill now because you can't gang up on them?