Sign in to follow this  
Radni

-1 devs, -1.

Rolf and co. Either remove the gank bonus, or return it to its previous state, the inverted thing is bull unless its upwards of 10 people on 1 target

(My opinion)

Edited by Radni

Wait, how exactly does it work now?

Edit: or rather, what did you see when you tried it out.

Edited by GroeneAppel

If i read it correctly, gank bonus now makes you harder to hit, benefitting older players vs new? If so, yeah, could have been done better.

Wait, how exactly does it work now?

Edit: or rather, what did you see when you tried it out.

Apparently now it works like.. If 3 people or more are on a target, they get debuffed. It's the exact same as the gank bonus, but inverted

No it means you still have a chance of hitting, just not taking them down as fast as you did. So now it doesn't become a numbers game

• Like 6

IMO remove gank bonus. If you are an older player you probably grinded more skills and spend more time in the game, experience/skills make you stronger.

In WoW a noob could never beat a old player because they're simply way more skilled and usually higher level, it goes this way with nearly all games. Why should wurm be different?

Everyone can see the system right now doesn't work, and I think people that put in time and effort should always be stronger then someone who hasn't.

You can't tell me that its normal for 3x lvl 50 in wow to beat a lvl 70.

You can't tell me that its normal for 3 fairly new players to beat a grinded player in wurm simply because they hold gank bonus.

That's a good fix. Piling up on one person was always retarded.

+1

Edited by Judicator
  • Like 5

From what we know on the Testing from the test server its still balanced with 3 still can take 1 down but that 1 has a chance to take 1 of you down if they are good enough.

• Like 2

Apparently.......

So this is a rant about something you've kind of, possibly, sort of maybe understood but it could actually work somehow, sort of completely differently?

Personally I haven't got a clue yet because I don't think anyone has seen it in action - so I guess you might be right and we should all be raving at Rolf....or maybe not?

I'm sure the heavy hitters will weigh in soon enough if there really is an issue. ;)

Apparently now it works like.. If 3 people or more are on a target, they get debuffed. It's the exact same as the gank bonus, but inverted

Welp, I see it now. Rolf, what were you thinking when you added that?

+1

Yeah, instead you should force everyone to nicely line up for you to kill them. Great thinking.

Yeah, instead you should force everyone to nicely line up for you to kill them. Great thinking.

I don't think you understand, you get + CR if you are getting ganked, which slows down the amount of attacks you take, thus allowing you to kill at least one person before dying yourself.

Before, If you were ganked you stood no chance of killing anyone attacking you. 

• Like 2

Agreed, it's less of a numbers game, and gives newer players a chance while still benefiting those that have played a long time.

every team has new and old players so it balances out tbh

That is not at all how it works. Bad lies to make a false point, good job.

+1

THis.

Also, the subject is a bit harsh. Raise opinion, don't -1 the devs based on your feel.

The change makes a lot of sense, and goes a long way for sustainability imo. Like demondan says, it seems the only fault of the devs is not explaining the change properly, leading to knee jerk reactions (again).

IMO remove gank bonus. If you are an older player you probably grinded more skills and spend more time in the game, experience/skills make you stronger.

In WoW a noob could never beat a old player because they're simply way more skilled and usually higher level, it goes this way with nearly all games. Why should wurm be different?

Everyone can see the system right now doesn't work, and I think people that put in time and effort should always be stronger then someone who hasn't.

You can't tell me that its normal for 3 fairly new players to beat a grinded player in wurm simply because they hold gank bonus.

Because unlike WoW Wurm PvP is global for that server, it needs a better balance, you can't have high levels 1-hitting noobs, or else noobs would have 0 chance of doing anything. Which is why there was a gank bonus. I mean 10 vs 1, realistically the 1 shouldn't stand a chance.

But if the gank bonus is like alpha describes it, then it shouldn't be too bad.

Gank bonus should be just that, gank bonus. If it is not giving a bonus to the gankers, it should just be removed in my opinion, seems silly :s

I mean 10 vs 1, realistically the 1 shouldn't stand a chance.

And they still don't stand a chance of winning outright. Just now, hopefully, they will be able to make an entertaining fight out of it, and not die the same as if they were a 7 day old account.

• Like 1

Could this also mean that pvps will last a lot longer ?

Not that I'm disagreeing with your point here, but in wow it is and always (well, from beginning of BC at least) been possible to kill a higher player. If you actually know what your doing, now a 1 verse 90 would no doubt lose without exploiting, but a 85 could take him down. Or a 70 vs 85, 60 v 80 ect.

Know the mechanics of not just your class, but theirs, and it's very possible.

As with wurm however, it sort of makes sense that more ppl in a small area would have a harder time to hit, however for a game, I see no reason for it.

People do seem to last longer, although they didnt seem to hit more so it doesnt really make a difference.

If it's balanced perfectly then this is good. If 3 players gang up on 1 and that 1 takes one of the three with him then it sounds perfect. This will shake pvp up quite a bit since now it won't be so easy to just gang up and take one guy down.