Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Client and Server updates

Are raids on Chaos really that different from raids on Epic? Defenders would have to leave deed and push you to your minehop in order for this change to affect you. And since attackers usually have a numbers advantage anyway, it seems like an open field fight would be strongly in their favor. Am I missing something?

• Like 1

Ooo camps giving a bonus, well at least they have some use now aside from influence.

I don't see why people are crying about this, they're all good updates. If you are relying on minedoors for raiding then you should try to look for someone else to lead your raids, if anything this update is pro-raiding due to the fact that defenders can't minehop anymore.

• Like 5

I don't see why people are crying about this, they're all good updates. If you are relying on minedoors for raiding then you should try to look for someone else to lead your raids, if anything this update is pro-raiding due to the fact that defenders can't minehop anymore.

Defenders can. The change hasn't affected on-deed mine doors, gates or houses at all. All of the above can still be hopped from, while attackers get zero fallback ability. Can't even bring horses along because  they would normally be stashed in a mine to keep them from getting shot.

The idiocy in this post. First of, in order to raid a deed you need to set up a mine to mine ammo for the catapult, Not only that you need a safe place to allow people to hide in if they have to go afk for a few minutes because most raids take 3 or 4+ hours.

Also now with this new update when your raiding a deed your heavily at a disadvantage because if you attack a village with the same amount of people on as the raiding force, the defenders can charge out on horse back and completely wipe out the raiding force in a mater of second because they wont have anywhere to go. 

Furthermore mine hops only stay unlock off deed. AKA defenders can use minedoors.

With that being said. People will now in a larger scale attack deeds when they know the defenders wont be online....How does that promote pvp i ask you?

• Like 2

What about decreasing shield damage or fixing it? Or increasing skillgain for normal, aggressive etc skillgains, as they are pretty much impossible to gain after 70 now and there are people who have 90+ because it used to be a lot easier? And how about putting back tower guards the way they were but decrease the range they follow you? Because right now they follow for forever... 

And what is this:

You can not fire a bow in the thick helmet.

Can't do archery in great helmet? Why aren't these things documented? There is a "proper" PR team now, and yet you guys still cant document all the changes. 

Edited by atazs

Honestly don't know why they bother asking for peoples ideas and opinions if the intention is to just slap in whatever idea they had in the first place anyways....

Essentially all of the decent ideas that were put forward have been ignored and instead we have this weird mishmash of bad ideas.

Edited by Nadroj
  • Like 3

The idiocy in this post. First of, in order to raid a deed you need to set up a mine to mine ammo for the catapult, Not only that you need a safe place to allow people to hide in if they have to go afk for a few minutes because most raids take 3 or 4+ hours.

Also now with this new update when your raiding a deed your heavily at a disadvantage because if you attack a village with the same amount of people on as the raiding force, the defenders can charge out on horse back and completely wipe out the raiding force in a mater of second because they wont have anywhere to go. 

Furthermore mine hops only stay unlock off deed. AKA defenders can use minedoors.

With that being said. People will now in a larger scale attack deeds when they know the defenders wont be online....How does that promote pvp i ask you?

You open a mine at the target location for ammo? no wonder you're whining about raiding.

• Like 1

You open a mine at the target location for ammo? no wonder you're whining about raiding.

you just ignored all the most important points that both myself and acerifle pointed out for you. Are you deliberately being obtuse?

wow i suck at editing

Edited by atazs

you must realy more play wurm before oyu speak here when you stay all days in the starter deeds how you than is clear that you speak so many

Tall walls can protect attackers and their horses just as well as mines can, but with the added advantage of allowing catapulters to shoot from cover. And even so, it's not like mines are made obsolete for this purpose; they're only obsolete if the defenders rush you. But if you're raiding, you probably already have more numbers than the defenders have, which means they'd be stupid to try in the first place.

• Like 5

Well - this is serious:  After the patch my fps seems to have dropped considerably. I used to run at about 50 fps most of the time, now I'm down to less than 20 fps! (Same settings, same area.)

Anyone else?

So do minedoors explode ala gates and doors if you got enemies in local, or only if you have engaged in melee combat or shot / been shot at?

Well - this is serious:  After the patch my fps seems to have dropped considerably. I used to run at about 50 fps most of the time, now I'm down to less than 20 fps! (Same settings, same area.)

Anyone else?

You are not alone, was going well after maintence. Then I got two division by zero crashes after another after ~3hrs of uptime and after that client fps is down the drain, choppy movement from scratch.

I noticed that if you press C  then look at your character, you can see that it's affected by the light around you... 

san_tropez, on 14 Jan 2014 - 1:00 PM, said:

So do minedoors explode ala gates and doors if you got enemies in local, or only if you have engaged in melee combat or shot / been shot at?

This is what I am wondering about as well, if the minehop only opens to enemies if say I enter it while in combat or if it opens when I enter it while I have enemies in my local

I'm on a Mac and played last night fine, what's the issue now? I'm at work ATM.

And when will mac players be able to play again?  :(

When they get windows 

Oh and i'm still waiting on why you can't archer in great helmet now. Why the undocumented ninja nerf??? 

Edited by atazs

I'm on a Mac and played last night fine, what's the issue now? I'm at work ATM.

The issue would be that you won't be able to play after todays update.

Disable gsls or whatever shader in compatibility and try.

Are you actually ****ing kidding me you seriously added in an update that prevents people doing archery with helmets on? DO YOU PEOPLE ACTUALLY LISTEN TO THE PLAYERBASE!?

• Like 7

Any information on why the update is not working for Mac users ? 

Sign in to follow this