Okay, everyone already knows this, but, the UI is horrible, it's clunky, unintuitive, and just plain ugly, what I'm suggesting is a smoother sleeker, and more intuitive UI.

I see no examples?  At least try to show what an improvement should be. 

I'd like to see a standardized interact used...

Basically all tools would update this interact action with the most common task when you make a tool active. When you choose something from a menu the action starts and interact also gets changed to that.

shovel -> dig, rake -> farm, pickaxe -> mine_forward, hatchet -> hmm...cut_down. ect...Now, with shovel active and interact as dig, we choose flaten from menu, flaten action starts, and interact is now flaten.

Finally, we can set interact to be any key or mouse button just like keybinds. Perhaps put a text file client side that controls what the default interact configuration is so we can customize it.

• Like 1

Okay, everyone already knows this, but, the UI is horrible, it's clunky, unintuitive, and just plain ugly, what I'm suggesting is a smoother sleeker, and more intuitive UI.

Not very useful without suggestions or examples...

I believe UI improvements is part of an ongoing process, we've seen a lot of changes/additions recently such as the character window replacing the Body tree, and we've got the crafting interface coming up soon. Still ways to go I guess, replacing the list-driven menus with something more clever such as radial menus and/or button navigation for instance.

• Like 2

Lets all make forum alts now for posting useless posts, it seems like the thing to do nowadays.

On a more serious note, I find it fine as is, there is really no need to change it.

Lets all make forum alts now for posting useless posts, it seems like the thing to do nowadays.

On a more serious note, I find it fine as is, there is really no need to change it.

Actually This isn't an alt, I just never used the forum before,

"character window replacing the Body tree"

I actually didn't know they did that, I haven't played for a few months.

I think Joedoboe's idea is pretty good.

Please try to make constructive suggestions rather than "make this better."

Also, be sure to check out the news, they announced that they are working on a crafting overhaul.

I rather like wurms UI though I am looking forward to the crafting window.

If anything I would like to see the in-game wiki support pictures and not display the spacing/font coding.

Welcome back to the game brother, but it's perhaps best to play a bit before making suggestions about UI. A lot changes in Wurm :) As already mentioned, the crafting interface (which was probably the lasst UI feature that players were hoping to see improved) is coming in at some point in February. I think you'll find that whatever you remember the UI to be from when you played last, it may be quite better.

Many players in Wurm like the minimalist approach to UI. But if you have any specific examples you would like to see, then make sure to describe them in as much detail as you can muster, so that we can see what exactly you are suggesting.

In any case, welcome back and check out the UI in game. You'll see some nifty changes :)

It has changed a lot, and is constantly evolving. I don't see any place for changes or improvements, it works, and it combines many complex sub menus into just about the only way it can be done for now. 

Can you be more specific? Maybe you are referring to one or two things that is 'too hard' for you, in which case the complete and utter UI shouldn't run through. Give it a little thought.

"character window replacing the Body tree"

Then how about play the game first see that they actually improved the UI instead of coming here and saying "make it better"

My suggestion, make wurm better!!! <_<

What a great idea!!!

I think you should just go and help them make the UI look awesome, spend some time programming and photoshoping, maybe that could help?

A bit random but one thing that annoys me about wurm is that the very first thing someone sees upon logging in is "STOP_OR_MAIN_MENU"... For the love of Vyn, take some pride in your work!

Im waiting for the VR gui.

YES! I swear, I will start another suggestion thread about it and won't let the issue die till we either see it in game or see me out of it :)