Sign in to follow this  
Etherdrifter

Reduce Venom Favour Cost

I recently unlocked life tap and am on my way to unlocking venom (this evening probably).  So far I've had 0 requests for venom and a fair few for life tap (6).  Now it is often said on here that life tap is far better than venom so I'd like to suggest that the favour cost be adjusted accordingly.

Reducing the cost to somewhere in the region of 80 favour seems about right.

the problem of venom is not favor cost but how it is circumstance-based enchant. 

In pve.. you will have to wait long (10minutes) to see if it kill or do nothing.

In pvp.. it can be reflected by aosp and still have the same that long duration to take effect.

While life transfer is reliable. You hit, you gain health.

Edited by rosedragon

Just fix venom, its horrible.

We have tested it a lot, and it honestly seems borked. We have never once died from a wound, after letting it sit hours upon hours.

For a Cast from a priest with no damage enchant, that cost 120 favor, it should at least work!

Edited by Rolandt

I have witnessed it killed avatar of mag :P ..

Edited by rosedragon

Yes I did hear of that and another avatar dying from it. I would like to see it work on players though.

I have died from venom. I think it's good as it is. You do no extra damage, have to wait, but you have a chance to instakill a player or creature. (I died on the first tick) Maybe you need make a bigger wound?

Edited by Sharkin

It works, I remember seeing people die from it.

Its use is limited though. Probably best in defending, or fighting enemies that dont bring salve.

I have died from venom. I think it's good as it is. You do no extra damage, have to wait, but you have a chance to instakill a player or creature. (I died on the first tick) Maybe you need make a bigger wound?

Doubt it, I recall a guy with a very light dying to it.

I have a 100 venom adamantite axe, only really took maybe ten casts. Just make a good amount of saccables. It's all luck.