Sign in to follow this  
Dragonslayer24

Lifetime membership

Its almost already like this.  In the beginning most people pay € for premium. As time goes by they start to get more skill and are more capable of making enough silver to buy premium. Some can do this early on but most don't.

I used to pay € every month for premium, at least the first 3 years I did this. But now I haven't paid a single € to Code Club in a couple years. So my life time premium is about 180 € (3 yr * 12 month * 5€-per-month).

You do realise that 100 USD is just under the 1 year price for this game. And while it would be nice to have perma-premium, I feel that if he were to make it cost effective to himself, it wouldn't be even close to cost effective for us... honestly, I am thinking $400-$500 for perma-premium.

(but then who is to say that wurm will be here forever? we can hope, but the future is not set in stone)

This system works as a subscription model, I think "yearly" premium would be nice, with a discount but lifetime, how is that even sane business for wurm?

Making it worth their while, would make it very expensive, and more reason for people to cry on the forums.

I'd say: make '1 year' packages that discounts 1 or 2 months, and sell me more than 10 damn coins at a time, then I am in :)

I am happy with my monthly, the very niche that is wurm, is probably structured as good as it can be for now, until membership grows. Way too many 'i want it free' people still.

Just give us a discount on buying in bulk. 1 year for 100 euros or something of the like.

Just give us a discount on buying in bulk. 1 year for 100 euros or something of the like.

1 year of premium costs 80 euros from the shop already.

I'd say: make '1 year' packages that discounts 1 or 2 months, and sell me more than 10 damn coins at a time, then I am in :)

What you're asking for is already there. What does your store page look like??

G1VNR.jpg

Edited by EliasTheCrimson

Certain options dont display for some people. Think its related to history on past purchases or some such.

Oh and toss in a lifetime supply of sandwiches.

If you look at this from Code Club's side of things, a lifetime premium membership will lead to bankruptcy.  Even if they were to cease any further development (NO!), there would still continue to be ongoing expenses for power and internet service.  Tanstaafl*, you know.

In a way, you already do have a lifetime membership.  It's just a freelo account.

*There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

If you look at this from Code Club's side of things, a lifetime premium membership will lead to bankruptcy.  Even if they were to cease any further development (NO!), there would still continue to be ongoing expenses for power and internet service.  Tanstaafl*, you know.

In a way, you already do have a lifetime membership.  It's just a freelo account.

*There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

That's not completely true. A lifetime membership is great if you have a transient customer base. Trick people into buying a lifetime membership, they quit, new people buy more lifetime memberships. But as wurm has a lot of "hardcore" long term players it's probably not the game for that.

That's not completely true. A lifetime membership is great if you have a transient customer base. Trick people into buying a lifetime membership, they quit, new people buy more lifetime memberships. But as wurm has a lot of "hardcore" long term players it's probably not the game for that.

Yep, its like gambling where Code Club is the house and they have to set there odds in there favor (fees versus expected lifetime playtime). 

Like you say, a big problem is Wurm has a lot of extra long term players. I have a life time membership to FreeRealms, think I got it for 30 or 40 $.  For the most part that game has a very short play cycle for players. SOE went ahead and tried to make people think they get a good deal but the players don't realize they likely won't be playing it 6 months later.

Oh did he change the prices for buy bulk when he put the xsalo payment system in? Cause it used to be much more than that for a year iirc. Don't know though last time I bought prem was like 6 months ago

lifetime membership doesn't work for MMOs except they have something else that oil the wheel instead subscription. Surely wurm have coin shop, but I don't think it perform well as people can just make silvers in game or buy from someone else. Thing is, first there is super big server and maintenances cost that overpass normal softwares requirment (eg: servercost of anti virus).. second we usually sell accounts when quitting, thus that lifetime membership will transfer.

lifetime membership doesn't work for MMOs except they have something else that oil the wheel instead subscription. Surely wurm have coin shop, but I don't think it perform well as people can just make silvers in game or buy from someone else. Thing is, first there is super big server and maintenances cost that overpass normal softwares requirment (eg: servercost of anti virus).. second we usually sell accounts when quitting, thus that lifetime membership will transfer.

If he did this he would have to double the cost for normal players.....and hope he could cover things....

In other words would not work over time he would lose money year by year and players that could not afford to buy lifetime would get squeezed out with higher costs.

The Yearly Deal is very good and works if you plan on playing for any length of time I would suggest it.