Sign in to follow this  
Dragonslayer24

Lifetime membership

Why doesn't Wurm have a lifetime membership deal? You all could get even more money that way. I know that several people haven't bought premium because they don't want to spend that much every month (this includes me of course) I would pay up to 100 dollars for a lifetime membership, but it would be bad buisness sense to make it cost that much since that's pretty high. You all could make quite a bit more money with it though, and more wurmians would be happier :) PLEASE MAKE LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP!

Only problem being that...it would cost quite a bit more then 100$ for a lifetime membership I'm sure.

• Like 6

Good idea so that they can get boosts to income every once in awhile, but it would be WAY more expensive than $100 dollars.

No point in buying that, a good game at the store costs 50-60 USD. I wouldn't buy it for any more than that, and sadly, they wouldn't sell it that cheaply.

Are there any subscription MMOs that also offer a lifetime membership option?

I dont know of any either.. dont see the need of it anyway

• Like 1

There use to be, I haven't seen in for a pretty long time though. Most of them costed 600-700$ (they were 15$ a month MMO's)

If wurm ever did this, I'd be in for sure, but it'd have to be around 350+e for it to be even worth thinking about for the company to make any proffit off it.

However, also remember, the people that buy this will also likely then spend the money that would go towards premium on silver, or other items in game - so it could be profitable....

If the team could come up with a good way to get it to price, I'd love to buy 3-4 life time prems over the course of a few months.

Give Rolf a few hundred thousand Id imagine... not an official quote fyi.

Wurm's pricing model is tee-totally broken.

Daily "WTB Silver" and daily "PC - Selling Toon" are both proof of that.

But a lifetime subscription is not the answer.

If he reversed the 60% premium increase, he would probably see a 60% increase in sales!

Why would Rolf sell me a lifetime membership for $100 when he already gets more than that from me per annual with the current subscription model?

• Like 4

Lmao, if there was a 100$ lifetime subscription I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

That's way too cheap, imo.

Edited by Brunwulf
  • Like 1

I'm pretty sure it would be way too expensive for most people and Rolf would still lose money. Remember that characters are traded and sold, potentially perpetually.

Wurm's pricing model is tee-totally broken.

Daily "WTB Silver" and daily "PC - Selling Toon" are both proof of that.

But a lifetime subscription is not the answer.

If he reversed the 60% premium increase, he would probably see a 60% increase in sales!

Where are you imagining that from? The 60% price increase had no impact whatsoever on sales. The amount of premium members is leveling out stable (slightly below the peak of the 1.0 graphics release) for the entire last year.

• Like 1

Why would Rolf sell me a lifetime membership for $100 when he already gets more than that from me per annual with the current subscription model?

Quicky cash.

And there will always be more people.

Quicky cash.

And there will always be more people.

But he would lose so much profit from this suggestion.

My question is would you get a lifetime supply of sleep powder? cos if so...

I prepay a year for four accounts. I think that's the best option as u get two or three months free I forget . But nice not to worry about the four accounts a pay bi-monthly for my last two accounts , but ya if a good price lifetime cost id buy too, have lifetime with lotro. And glad I did. I think that was two hundred .

Good luck, this is a typical  "Subscription model" game.  They make hardly any money from you on a lifetime membership.  It's as simple as that.

It's not offered because it's simply not profitable in the longterm.

Square-Enix made more money off of Final Fantasy XI Online in 5 years then it made on it's last 3 Final Fantasy console game sales during the same time period.

Edited by Nomadikhan
  • Like 1

<---------- Suggestions and Ideas that-a-way

=Ayes=

I would save up for a lifetime membership, sure. I can see how economically it might not be an optimum idea, but perhaps if/when Wurm gets Greenlit?

I'll have to say no thanks. Personally I'm just against it and it seems tacky, shady even. Several MMOs popped out with lifetime subscriptions and not long after they up and go F2P with p2w shops or just disappear. While it may seem convenient for us the players, it can potentially hurt the developer because after a year or so you've caught up and the developers aren't getting that steady monthly sub anymore. I think LOTRO was around $200 USD (which was a little more than a year's worth of sub) and even with such a strong IP like Lord of the Rings I knew that was a bad idea (and look where the game wound up)

However, Wurm is different and also sells silver to it's users so It has it's own not-so-micro-transactions. Anywho, just my 2 cents/iron on the subject. 

Honestly?  I dream of the day wurm releases lifetime membership, but when I wake up I realise that it is just not a feasible option.  The price would have to be high to match loss of future income, there would have to be a P2P legacy (maybe one day wurm might end up going freemium in some form or another, who knows?).

A nice middle ground would maybe be an extension to the long term loyalty program :

Say a level for every 6 months (each 6 months premium raises non-premium skillcap by 10 points).  So to get the game fully unlocked you'd need to buy 48 months of premium time (4 years at a minimum cost of $320)) which would (in my opinion) be more than enough.  Combined with some more vanity options (the sale of silver mirrors anyone?) this might work.