Sign in to follow this  
Jberg

Smelting Furnace

You cant ignore us forever Rolf! or... can you? :huh:

• Like 1

Yes, definitely need something like this, 28 per ore hit is a low amount of space spec when your smelting gold and sliver from ore.

just make them run so hot that everything metal they hold turns to lump (that's both ore and finished metal items).

^Perfect, a 2nd forge for smelting only. now we got to push the idea untill we get one.  ;)

Edited by lawurm
  • Like 1

Definitely a +1 to this. Dedicated smelting furnaces would both add to the immersion of this game and make smelting large amounts of ores much less of a core. If it's decided not to make them usable as forges, just make them run so hot that everything metal they hold turns to lump (that's both ore and finished metal items).

• Like 1

C'mon why isn't this in game already... I did a silver mine door yesterday, half the time i was waiting for silver ore to melt.

• Like 1

Once their vacation is over, dev's better be putting this ingame ;)

(art team makes a fancy model, Rolf attaches the forge-code to it, but increases the ore amount to 100 and sets other materials to "cannot put this in the forge", at least I hope it is as simple as this? XD)

Edited by Lycanthropic

Once their vacation is over, dev's better be putting this ingame ;)

(art team makes a fancy model, Rolf attaches the forge-code to it, but increases the ore amount to 100 and sets other materials to "cannot put this in the forge", at least I hope it is as simple as this? XD)

Could even just use the old forge/oven graphs it was a bulkier version of current ones, so would fit.

*searches screenshot folder*

These beauties?... hm, I'm not that sure if I wanna see these again, they give me nightmares of 50kg large anvils and ore that takes 30 minutes to melt O_O :P

UwXHP0C.png

• Like 2

*searches screenshot folder*

These beauties?... hm, I'm not that sure if I wanna see these again, they give me nightmares of 50kg large anvils and ore that takes 30 minutes to melt O_O :P

UwXHP0C.png

Yeah, they could use the overall geometry, but update the texture to fit more with current ones.

I have been mumbling this to myself for years. I hate only getting 28 ores in a forge, And I despise smelting like that.  +1 from me, Even if they make the thing hot pink with feathers on it, I still want one.

• Like 1

Pretty sure I bumped this or one of it's incarnations but yeah +1.

Been smelting 1000's of silver recently and it's a slow painful process.

Sure why not. I am always up for more items in game. Btw for the record i miss the old forges a lot. You could stand inside them and look upwards and position it just right and that black area would cover your whole screen. From someone that gets horrible migraines that black  allowed me to imp without the brightness of the screen eating at my brain.

Yes, definitely need something like this, 28 per ore hit is a low amount of space spec when your smelting gold and sliver from ore.

just make them run so hot that everything metal they hold turns to lump (that's both ore and finished metal items).

^Perfect, a 2nd forge for smelting only. now we got to push the idea untill we get one.  ;)

I'd love a forge that acts as an incinerator/metal extractor.

I could turn all those noobie tools into nails for my barrels.

• Like 1

The "smelting pot but bigger" idea might actually not be a bad one, this way normal forges would still be necessary and not just replaced with the bigger storage version. At the same time its both an advantage and a drawback.

I also had an idea for the recipe:

20 bricks, 30 clay (or 20 clay+10 mortar), 10 pottery bricks (for the internal, heat resistant layer), and 5-10 smelting pots.

• Like 1

Huge +1 even if this is an old suggestion, even if it cost 200 bricks/clay I would still make one.

• Like 1

As many +1's as Im allowed to give. Take them all.

Edited by Steeloxide