Sign in to follow this  
Jberg

Smelting Furnace

-1 we already have fountain backpacks.

You are correct. I take my previous +1 back and change it to a -1. I just bought my first fountain pack and I don't have a need for a smelting forge anymore.

+1 100 ore limit and only allow lumps, coal and ore. Also larger size and material/skill level to build. Building it in a mine is not necessary as you only smelt while you mine to avoid the hassle of smelting it over 10 forges when you get to your workshop. With the new crates and wagons you can take a huge amount of ore home and with a furnace smelt it all fairly quickly.

+1

Make it so its like a house/building, can only be on exterior, not in mines or houses, and burn time is like forges but 6x more wood needed, (if a forge need a log to burn an hour, then a furnace needs a felled tree to burn same time. make it so it can not contain any container, but holds the same as a large crate.

Went to like this post, realised that I had already liked it in the past. Haha

No pointless placement or item restrictions.

If you just make it large, use more resources/harder to create, and uses fuel twice as fast as a forge, most people will still use a forge. If they don't, who cares anyway?

If some guy wants to fire up a smelter and shove half a tree into it to make a rake it isn't going to hurt anyone.

• Like 1

Considering the monumental slowness of levelling metallurgy and only fitting 28 ores at a time into a current fully empty forge, we needs this!

• Like 2

+1, ore only if the devs feel it could be abuseable otherwise.

Considering the monumental slowness of levelling metallurgy and only fitting 28 ores at a time into a current fully empty forge, we needs this!

+1

It could just be a big:

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIBTg7q9oNc

• Like 1

I would just be happy with a larger "smelting pot" that holds more ore for existing furnaces.  I don't really wanna have to build 10 more furnaces to replace the ones I already made.

But either way, +1