Sign in to follow this  
Jberg

Smelting Furnace

Sneaky little thread tries to hide again.

*bump*

+1

As long as it supports the following:

* Smelting Raw ore, into metals

* Smelting tools/weapons, in metals  (Similar to the pottery smelting pot)

Edited by dasfry

Bump I have to smelt some ore and don't want to have to wait another 2 years

• Like 1

Bump, It really would enhance life for many  players. Please add.

Edited by Chiqa

I think the difficulty should be set at 50 masonry to start building.  The furnace should hold 100 ore.

After considering this further this is how I see it. Right now with 4 forges I can smelt a total of 112 ores. So if this proposed Smelting Furnace will only hold 100 ore, having a higher skill level to build with more materials required and needing more fuel, then it should have some additional benefits other than just holding 100 ore.

Yea, a cool new model it may have, taking up less space than 4 regular forges but is that really worth the additional requirements? I probably would build one just to be a cool (hot) guy but maybe not. Either, or, whatever...

=Ayes=

Edited by Ayes

Love the idea of a smelting furnace.

Consider making the capacity match a Large crate so it can hold 300 ore.

• Like 1

A smelting furnace should have 3 compartments, in the main one you can drop up to 100 ores, and it serves as container for the resulting lumps, In the second one you can drop up to 100 wood scraps or up to 7 logs or equivalent amount of burning mats (peat or tar), in the third one you can't drop anything, but it serves as container for ash resulting from wood burning.

As long as the furnace contains fuel, the fuel gets burned at a rate determined by furnace ql, and unlike forges you can at any point retrieve the unburned fuel remaining in the 2nd compartment and the furnace goes off.

the ash is the result of wood burning, so if you use peat or tar there was not ash, but if you use wood, the furnace will produce a certain amount of ash at a fixed rate depending on the kg of wood burned, the ql of the ash will depend on the ql of the furnace, but capped by the ql of the fuel (log or scraps).