Sign in to follow this  
Jberg

Smelting Furnace

A smelting furnace that would hold 100 ores would be a great addition. What I don't like is the excessive materials required as suggested in the OP.

Since a normal forge holds 28 ores, I would think no more that 4 times the materials should be required for a smelting forge. A higher masonry requirement to build it would be in tune with the higher carpentry requirements for those new additions. Say 50 masonry to construct one.

As for fuel required, twice the amount should be ok, or possibly only make logs be able to be used once lit.

=Ayes=

Edited by Ayes

IMPLEMENT THIS, NOT WAR MACHINES.

+1 to the maxi melter.

-1 to this off topic quote.

Twelve pages. Only 88 more and Rolf ;might pay attention.

Edited by Clatius

+1

The secret committee failed unable to stand up to the challenge

Hello Retrograde, do you dare to do what they couldn't?!?

Bring us a smelting forge, and do it without any stupid outdoor restrictions because don't tell me how to build my sandcastle please

• Like 1

But think of the trees!

...the lovely chopped up and burning trees glowing red and yellow as they heat the iron! Mwahaha!

Edited by Klaa

Long time no bump.

And if this really needs some higher requirements then make it use coal and/or peat.

At least coal burns a lot hotter than wood which is why it is used in real forges instead of logs.

Plus one would have more reason to make charcoal piles/campfires to get the coal.

Don't know about peat.

And if this really needs some higher requirements

Outside of a bit higher material cost for creation and maybe a faster burn rate it doesn't.

+1.  This is so good an idea it deserves a repeat bump from my first one some time ago.  A great time to bring this on board is with the new changes to come with bridges.  Give us a smelting forge, and  I'll forget any odd feelings I had seeing the new Epic Elevation map offering.

...oh yeah and let it have a larger fuel capacity.

YOU... SHALL... NOT...LEAVE PAGE ONE

*bump*

Note to the Devs: We won't give up... seriously. Even when you slap us in the face with an "artifact change needed?" topic!

*sings* Come on let's *bump* again... Like we did last summer...

Unbelievable, this thread is almost 1 1/2 years old now.

(Sorry the song came to my mind and I had to double post)

• Like 1

To the top for once a suggestion that please everyone

*coughs loudly*

*chokes on smoke from 4 forges needed to smelt 100+ ore*

=Ayes=

• Like 4

For all those disagreeing with the OPs suggested increase in building mats and requirements for an item like this, just remember how it was for storage before bulk and food bins were introduced.

People stored tons of items inside dozens, even hundreds, of barrels and coffins and other assorted containers. Cluttering up deeds and houses was whisked away with the new bins, and no one said a word about the increased mats needed to build a bin over a barrel. Some might say this is apples and oranges, but I think it transfers nicely.

Bump for a great suggestion.

• Like 1

Good seeing this still being up in the suggestions!

Just yesterday I finished 10 forges for faster smelting...

Bumpity Bump! 

Kaih just pointed me to this topic and i ... i just love it! I need diz in my life! D: