Sign in to follow this  
Deadrook

Unique mobs

I've been hearing rumors about bringing unique mobs back to the freedom servers. But everyone is concerned about dragons just being farmed again. I believe that the dev's have turned all of the dragons male to stop them from giving birth to eggs. Which is good. But I had another idea along side that. It has to do with Dragon's spawning on certain tiles.

Like the Red Dragon can only spawn on lava tiles.

Green on enchanted grass.

Black dragon can only be spawned from Insanity mob spawner.

And White can only spawn on snow.

Also not sure if this could be a thing, I don't think it can or it would of probably already been, but would it be possible to have the dragons despawn if no one is around them or in their local after a certain amount of time? That way it would help stop people just locking them up. If that can' be a thing, then could shortening their life span solve it? Or just make them have a set amount of time they can be around after they spawn. 1-2 days.

I would much rather have the dragons just despawn. And then make a day where all of the despawned dragons appear one day out of year for each server and just terrorize people. I'd love to see how the servers responds to a Dragon day. Or it could even be a competition to see how many dragons each server killed.

Of course this would destroy prices for drake/scale. Could also make the butchering items from dragons produce less or be more difficult produce.

For the troll king/Goblin leader just make that be a random chance to spawn. Or make the server randomly choose another troll to be 'upgraded' to king/leader status. The Kyklops and Forest Giant just have a random spawn on a grass tile or something. I don't have any fancy spawning ideas for them.

Thoughts?

Mabinogi had this field boss thing where uniques would appear for select times during the week, A guild of mine used to always be ready to do battle, maybe every Wednesday is a Red Dragon that appears in a select area everyone knows, and you only have 2 hours to kill it during this period, and it gives a some what random chance of very little scale to massive amounts of scale.

--- Etc.

Your ideas are good, but the general idea of bringing more dragon armour into the game is not so good.

I've heard of lots of reasons why people don't want more drake/scale floating around. Whats yours? Also could make it so that you could have to butcher a dragon and have it not produce as much. Or be more rare to produce. So you would have to butcher many dragons to get enough hide to make a set. And I would expect the spawn timers to have such low chances that a dragon of a certain color would spawn once a month or two. So you'd only be able to get a full set of armour maybe after 8-10 months.

Your ideas are good, but the general idea of bringing more dragon armour into the game is not so good.

As an owner of multiple drake sets, the whole "more drake in the game is bad" argument is a mere ploy for those worried about it's value changing. As far as i'm concerned, those people are playing an investment game, and with investments come the risk of financially losing or winning. 

Those people should just face the fact that more dragons WILL be spawned, and more drake WILL hit the market.. it's only a matter of time. If they want the most from their investment, I would recommend they start selling sooner than later. These things aren't going to get more rare, unlike Christmas gifts.

As for the actual OP, i'm not interested in any of that. First reason being, I don't have any problems with people penning uniques. In fact, I think that most people don't understand how much damage those things are capable of doing if left to roam around. I would guarantee double the amount of complaints will be made if uniques freely roamed, vs the amount made over people penning them. Second, I don't think uniques should spawn according to a tile type because it's unnecessary. Their placement/spawning point is random enough.

I'd like respawns, but i'm really not interested in seeing them respawned on established servers, especially if Rolf+co are going out of their way to prevent people from housing them safely. We will see at least 1 thread a day, complaining about how the " dragon ruined my village". No thanks.

Rolf really needs to get that PVE hunting server done. Uniques could be continually respawned on that map, and it wont hurt anyone (other than investors of drake, who should be selling now anyway). Also, the creature counts could then be manipulated a bit on the existing PVE servers, leaving more room for people looking to raise/breed livestock.

Edited by As_I_Decay

As an owner of multiple drake sets, the whole "more drake in the game is bad" argument is a mere ploy for those worried about it's value changing. As far as i'm concerned, those people are playing an investment game, and with investments come the risk of financially losing or winning. 

Those people should just face the fact that more dragons WILL be spawned, and more drake WILL hit the market.. it's only a matter of time. If they want the most from their investment, I would recommend they start selling sooner than later. These things aren't going to get more rare, unlike Christmas gifts.

Agree with you 100%. I am also wearing a set of drake. People playing the investment game is a excellent way of putting it.

As for the actual OP, i'm not interested in any of that. First reason being, I don't have any problems with people penning uniques. In fact, I think that most people don't understand how much damage those things are capable of doing if left to roam around. I would guarantee double the amount of complaints will be made if uniques freely roamed, vs the amount made over people penning them. Second, I don't think uniques should spawn according to a tile type because it's unnecessary. Their placement/spawning point is random enough.

I don't understand how much damage they cause. I think I do, and this may be devious of me to think like this, but I'd love to see a dragon go through some peoples deeds that never leave them. But yeah, busted fences, escaped horses, cows, things, looting. If that happened to me I'd be mad for sure. So I'm torn. But I think I'd also prefer the penning. But I would still want my dragon day idea. And make it a Wurm event. Where everyone bands together to go murder dragons. All day. Then after that everyone drinks wine. Or make the dragon day idea happen on that PVE server â†“

Rolf really needs to get that PVE hunting server done. Uniques could be continually respawned on that map, and it wont hurt anyone (other than investors of drake, who should be selling now anyway). Also, the creature counts could then be manipulated a bit on the existing PVE servers, leaving more room for people looking to raise/breed livestock.

PVE Hunting server would be neat. I'd be down for that. But I think people are going to want the loading of animals into ships to bring them back. Which... meh.

But yeah, busted fences, escaped horses, cows, things, looting. If that happened to me I'd be mad for sure. 

All of that. Busted everything. The topper is, even if you had 70+ fighting, 2-3 hits from the dragon is all it takes for death. Once one of those bad boys camps your village, you can forget about respawning there, unless you intend on losing vast amounts of skill on your character.

Respawn all in uniques but dragons. On epic, maybe even dragons can spawn since drake sets need more drake hide to improve.