Sign in to follow this  
san_tropez

Remove alignment penalty if listener got 100 alignment

Currently, any alignment gains within 30 minutes from a sermon mean that you do not count as a listener, whether your alignment is already +/- 100 or not. This feels kinda counterproductive, since managing to gather a large enough herd of listeners is already a challenge on it's own. I say remove the invisible alignment gains if you already got it maxed out, instead of hoping that people has been afk for the last 30 minutes

EDIT: the 30 minute cooldown for listeners should obviously stay in for balancing reasons, I just want to remove the penalty that comes with gaining alignment, even if you are already at 100.

Edited by san_tropez
  • Like 7

Complained last year this time about this one.....should have been fixed long ago.

(log on ALL the priests, do a round of sermons within 5min, log out, wait 3h, repeat) No, thank you.

(log on ALL the priests, do a round of sermons within 5min, log out, wait 3h, repeat) No, thank you.

The ones i've seen lately, People come, and just afk until it's there turn. So wouldn't be much different besides saving food/water. >:/

• Like 1

The ones i've seen lately, People come, and just afk until it's there turn. So wouldn't be much different besides saving food/water. >:/

The difference is that a single person could do the same in just 5min with as many clients as s/he can run, without waiting for the alignment cooldown.

Extend that to a greater meet&greet like an Impalong and you would have every priest spamming sermon for the imense gain of faith.

There are good reasons for the 3h sermon cooldown and the 30min alignment cooldown.

Without them you could just give 100 faith to every priest right away.

Perhaps a better solution would be to have a way to see when your last alignment tick was?

• Like 2

I edited the OP to clear up confusion. The 30 minute cooldown for listeners should stay, just make it a 30 minute cooldown between sermons rather than some invisible alignment gains

Perhaps a better solution would be to have a way to see when your last alignment tick was?

That might be good for some, but at least in my village it feels more like taking people hostage than asking to help out, since we get alignment ticks from our two favored passtimes: picking locks and slaying innocent critters

Edited by san_tropez

what happens is if someone has 100 alignment they are not notified that they gained anymore alignment when they do something else that gives alignment....

In other words they cap out at 100 and the game keeps giving/counting it like they get alignment when its not giving them any or notifying them.

So when in a Sermon they can cause that 3 hours waiting to fail for the preacher because they had no idea that they have been tagged as having gained alignment after 100.......

Edited by Protunia

+1 this

As stated in other posts it would be counterintuitive

To allow mass preaching spams

Give us a 0.00 alignment tick so we know when its been 30 minutes

• Like 1

+1 this

As stated in other posts it would be counterintuitive

To allow mass preaching spams

Give us a 0.00 alignment tick so we know when its been 30 minutes

The 30 minute cooldown for listening to a sermon should obviously be kept in the game, but I don't see why people with 20 alts should have an advantage over the village priest trying to herd real people into his 1x1 shack

+1

Silent aligment gains are just poor game implementation. I dont have an issue with the 30 minute cooldown, just not knowing whether I have a 30 minute cooldown or not. or having to track manually that I have a cooldown.

Make it apparrent you are on a cooldown.

Been at too many sermon groups to not know that this is just annoying gamplay.  

The difference is that a single person could do the same in just 5min with as many clients as s/he can run, without waiting for the alignment cooldown.

Extend that to a greater meet&greet like an Impalong and you would have every priest spamming sermon for the imense gain of faith.

There are good reasons for the 3h sermon cooldown and the 30min alignment cooldown.

Without them you could just give 100 faith to every priest right away.

The 30 minute cooldown for listening to a sermon should obviously be kept in the game, but I don't see why people with 20 alts should have an advantage over the village priest trying to herd real people into his 1x1 shack

You do realize listners have to be premium. If someone has 7 premium characters to do that, i'd say they damn well should be able to.

The more money for code club the better, and maybe sometime next year we get a price decrease instead of an increase.

And don't cry about Pay to Win. From the moment people buy 500€ characters, and 100€ armors, its always been P2W. At least on this instance its code club raking the money.

Edited by KanePT
  • Like 2

"Come back when you have more interesting sins, my son"

"Come back when you have more interesting sins, my son"

Preaching isn't the same as listening to a confession. Many priests do a mass, and then do another 5 minutes later, some church-goers spend half their time in church.

Intimately aware of the difference.

Merely pointing out confessing could use some spicing up as well. Why limit such to just preaching?

Intimately aware of the difference.

Merely pointing out confessing could use some spicing up as well. Why limit such to just preaching?

That i do agree. But can't really see how to improve that. Maybe a 5m buff to stamina /stamina regen.

"After confessing your sins you feel lighter and the weight of your worries is lifted."

Eh thats just thinking in terms of timed buffs.

Religion in general could be enhanced by introducing say morality stats. Acts which your god abhors, do you actively confess them or not?

General gameplay could see morale stats: how happy or depressed is a char? Favorite activities. Religious/faith-wise are you feeling guilty?

Course thats alot more work and complexity in general.