Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 2

LSSNW2L.jpg

Hello Fellow Wurmians!

It feels great to be back for a new year of Wurm.

We are all well rested at the office, have a new spring in our step and a clear goal to work for.

You got some of the news yesterday which I hope you all saw in Rolfs post, so I will not iterate that information.

But there is more so I am still going to Share some News!

Bridge Planning Interface

BridgePlanning.jpg

The interface pops up after you perform the two-person-survey with a range pole and dioptra tools.

This is so that you can configure your bridge to your specification by choosing:

• Length by defining the two flat end areas.
  • Bridge type and if it is supposed to be a flat or an arched bridge.
  • How steep you want your arched bridge to be, it is checked with terrain to see what is possible.
  • How the different parts are laid out and where the supports go.

Indoor(on floor) fences and 3D collisions

parapets.jpg

We are currently working to get all of the fences to be compatible to build indoors as well as in the picture.

What this brought about was a matter of implementing a 3D collisions feature to handle the potential of landing on the fences.

It is the same feature which would be able to solve things like jumping and several other interesting things in the game.

Art

render_05.png

A new model for the Statue of Vynora, which is still a work in progress, is certainly looking impressive.

Especially taking scale into account where the box at the foot of the model represents the hight of a player.

Redbarons "Pic of the Week"From The Creative Commons

Dragon.jpg

This week featuring Cribben, with the effectual, lively and colorful painting of a Red Dragon.

Just click the image to go to the related thread.

I guess that is all for now friends, so why not

Keep on Wurming!

• Like 24

Very nice work Guys ....

Would also like to see a normal sized ver of that Vynora Statue....need one for my Temple.

Keep it up ;)

Edited by Garit
  • Like 3

i want a statue of vynora!

I'm so gonna build one hehe

Based on the image, can the bridges only be laid out on a North-South axis? Or do the 'N' and 'S' mean something different?

Looks good. I'm guessing the unannounced bridge types are flat and arched marble.

Vynora statue is too big.

I think i speak for most people with priests:

We have our temples and such, but only altars, its about time we have a decent sized statue of our gods to add to our temples.

And its not that hard, you just have to scale up the models on the statuettes, add stone texture and voila. We'd be happy. But no, someone thought a Vynora Colossus would be better.

• Like 2

Based on the image, can the bridges only be laid out on a North-South axis? Or do the 'N' and 'S' mean something different?

No, they should be placeable on all axis. Since that window pops up after planning the bridge, I imagine that the N/S relates only to how the individual bridge was planned.

Unless the Vynora Statue is simply a different version of a Colossus, that could explain the height.

No, they should be placeable on all axis. Since that window pops up after planning the bridge, I imagine that the N/S relates only to how the individual bridge was planned.

Thank you for clarifying Doc :)

Edited by Shrimpiie

I love the progress, I only one reservation.

The statue of Vynora looks amazing and hats off to the art team. However I am slightly miffed that Vynora is the diety getting the attention. She bloody gets everything! I'm a Magnaron follower and feel hard done by, I can't imagine how the Fo people are feeling.

• Like 1

Maybe the one that looks presentable for unveiling atm.

Overall looking good, especially looking forward to bridges.

You got some of the news yesterday which I hope you all saw in Rolfs post, so I will not iterate that information.

I'm not exactly sure what news you're referring to, links please? Also, I'd love an ETA on wagons/crates.

• Like 2

While you all are working on fences it would be nice to have either a new arched wall with a built in fence at the bottom or a way that we could put in a fence on the same boarder as the arched wall to make arched fenced balconies.

• Like 5

I don't like bringing negativity, however i'm quite disappointed about one thing which is the following:

A while back a new model for the MR tower was introduced, now a new model of vynora(colossus?) has been introduced. Itd feel beter if things got done for all of the possible options, so BL, JK and freedom( if needed) aswell, and for all gods a model. just doesnt feel right.

• Like 4

Please let me start by wishing you an amazing year and saying "hellcome back work; hope you had some great holidays". :)

Also would like to honestly congratulate you... you do a really great job as PR officer... is an amazing feat to look enthusiastic and keep trying to present nothing as big news week after week.

However, to be honest, I started to kinda get tired of this. Teasers are good, they create an expectation and they keep the people interested. However, they are only good as long they hold to the promises and they are about things happening in the foreseeable future. But when we keep getting only teasers and no news about the real implementation (at least an ETA) it starts being frustrating. If it will take six more months for bridges or crafting interface to be released that's OK, but at least let us know so we can make our plans according; don't just induce as the idea that they are almost done. (For example I stay with some ugly empty spaces on my deed since a few months waiting for the imminent bridges release to fill them with bridges)

About all type of fences... well, I guess some people will missuse them and create some abomination buildings, but for most things that could have gone wrong, it looked like the vast majority of the playerbase didn't abused and used game mechanics in weird ways. So I can only salute that.

The colossus vynora statue... again, not something I personally appreciate, but anything that adds diversity to the game can only be a good thing... so once again well done.

And really... I love these weekly news, but please give us more real things, and less teasers (feel free to check all previous news bulletins, remove the teasers and see with how less content we are left with - I already did that and I ended up with a long, sad face)... and, although I know that's not up to you, please talk with the other devs and focus on actually finish and launching new things, not just start lots of new projects that seems to never make it the live server...

Cheers,

Alex

Edited by AlexDunphy
  • Like 6

A new colossus, one for each of the gods would be cool. Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

I was really excited and thought, awesome maby a patch! Then relized it was about bridges! Something i thought would be in the game like a month ago. Nope all we got was a godzilla light that ways 100000000 Kg. The interface is pretty awesome, i do like that!