Sign in to follow this  
Radni

+1 rolf

Big round of applause for the elevation/homeserver portals. They are truly amazing. If you wanted to boost PVP, you just did. I can see more home server people going to HOTA now, since it's amazingly easy to get to now for us homeserver guys.

You did something right rolf :D celebrate!

• Like 2

From skimming over the idea it looked like for once everyone from Epic agreed on a single idea, so it must be a good idea to implement, good job.

*Claps*

• Like 1

And as usual, we Freedomers only get 1 change on the update, no more wrapping items.  Glad some of you are at least getting what you want.

• Like 1

And as usual, we Freedomers only get 1 change on the update, no more wrapping items.  Glad some of you are at least getting what you want.

I feel like that was my fault for suggesting they allow everything to be wrapped xD

my bad lol

Hey, you got legendary titles :) But in all reality, this was a change that fitted only epic in my opinion, but not discussion for this thread.

For all we know, the next update has abunch of stuff for freedom, but as is, freedom is more "Stable" gameplaywise than epic is, in my opinion.

• Like 1

Hey, you got legendary titles :) But in all reality, this was a change that fitted only epic in my opinion, but not discussion for this thread.

For all we know, the next update has abunch of stuff for freedom, but as is, freedom is more "Stable" gameplaywise than epic is, in my opinion.

The next update with wagons, and the bsb to cart ect could be considered more freedom then epic, but....... depends how you look at it.  

Sadly, it's not really possible to add something to PVE without epic also getting it......... unless it's Special mobs for PVE, that don't really need to be in pvp.

How exactly do these portals work? Do all items on you cross over to the other server? Guess theres not really any other way you could do it but I see it being abused a bit maybe.

Edited by Rudie

How exactly do these portals work? Do all items on you cross over to the other server? Guess theres not really any other way you could do it but I see it being abused a bit maybe.

No weight limit, no cooldown. It is really good for those who want to participate on both servers.

All items but writs go with you.

hmm the no cooldown thing seems going to be troubling.. like.. escaping through portal?

hmm the no cooldown thing seems going to be troubling.. like.. escaping through portal?

If you're on a starter deed you've already escaped.

• Like 5

Pretty sure it's a 1 hour cooldown.

As for 'escaping through the portal', you can only do this at the starter deeds.

If you're on a starter deed you've already escaped.

ahh ok, then it is superb update :D .

To add on.. loving how nowadays more and more COMMUNICATION is done between devs and players... even that some senseless rants are still around or game still need a lot of improvements.

Wurm players agreeing?

What is this sorcery?

• Like 3

I see both good and bad things for this. We'll see what happens.

Edited by Rudie

This change is one of the worst things i have ever heard of you want pvp and raiding?

Numbers are critical. Instant reinforcements changes that, also raiding is now dead in an instance all of a kingdom can run through one portal to any deed or they can empty there deed on to there home server and then back again.

HOW BAD ARE YOU? Did you even think this through?

Another Negative to being in a pmk that 1 gold cost is really looking good now >.>

Gj, killing pvp  and raiding since 2003

Boats meant you could trap or prevent people getting in.

Wow, we might as well remove boats since they are useless now, unless you don't have ridiculous portals...

Would also like to add that 90% of complaints in pvp are "zerg" this just boosts that

cry cry allot. Love the changes, will bost pvp and trading with home server!

EDIT: nevermind misread >.<

Edited by Emoo

No Emoo, it's just a portal from an epic server to another epic server.

No Emoo, it's just a portal from an epic server to another epic server.

Aye my bad I realised this when I re-read the OP. Being abit old school when I see homeservers in my mind it still goes "Freedom" just like I still call Chaos Wild alot of the time :P

It's a bit of a "grass is always greener" situation, I think. People on Epic always complain that the devs' focus is geared toward Freedom, whereas Freedomers look at things like sorcery and conclude that Epic is the favorite cluster. Truth is that we really had to push Rolf hard to get him to look at PvP, and even then, he's only adding small, easy changes because "there isn't time" to focus on us at the moment. I'd be willing to bet that a majority of the dev team's time actually is going toward the more Freedom-friendly updates. The only reason you aren't seeing them yet is because they're all such large projects which will all be released at the same time.

• Like 2

Good update, I enjoy it.

I play on epic and enjoyed being able to wrap items aswell. More alting now I guess to prevent decay.

Wow, we might as well remove boats since they are useless now, unless you don't have ridiculous portals...

Because clearly those people hopping to homeservers to help defend dont need to get horsed and dont have any travel time.

Clearly those jumping to Ele from homeservers have horses ready and instantly have a fully loaded knarr ready for action.

Think before you post.

Because clearly those people hopping to homeservers to help defend dont need to get horsed and dont have any travel time.

Clearly those jumping to Ele from homeservers have horses ready and instantly have a fully loaded knarr ready for action.

Think before you post.

Won't be long.

Won't be long.

If it does turn out to cause problems, then im sure that it always can be reversed. This is a test implementation in either case.