Sign in to follow this  
Yeesha

Topography skill

I thought about  a new skill (Topography), which gets progress by exploring and scouting. It could get bound at the exploration of many spots and coords on the map. Or kind of bonus for being a resident, villager or deedowner at a map sector or often have visited certain regions (as they know every stick and stone around).

So players should get boni for knowing the place (their deed, a location, a terrain, a Kingdom). Boni in stealth, fighting, foraging, climbing, travel and running speed, ressource find, aso. These boni could get increased by scouting skill gain. One bonus could be a higher view range for aggro players or animals, and a possibility to hide more easily. Certain skills could get skillgain boosted as well in an area of high sovereignity.

Vice versa should foreign Kingdom players get mali on unknown terrain for not knowing the surrounding.

Topography skill could be the base for another skill as well: cartography

boni? mali? What are you talking about?

Player with 3 good horses can ride across server map several times thus creating large gap between newcomers who have to walk and himself.

Also there are no maps in game.

I'd love a scouting skill, but I don't think it should have any game changing benefits, nor list coords. this would definitely not a direction i'd like to see it take myself.

boni? mali? What are you talking about?

Player with 3 good horses can ride across server map several times thus creating large gap between newcomers who have to walk and himself.

Also there are no maps in game.

Bonus sing.(latin) in plural is: boni. The same with malus / mali. The first one you benefit of like buffs and perks, mali give you disadvantages. Sorry, I thought that termini would be common under gamers.

@ Druidnature  I know the map and cartography discussion. I dont necessarily want the map to be charted or plotted, but kind of invisible counter, which recognizes your activity on the map and gives you scouting skillgain (like a raising knowledge in other skills, that gives you better imping or other benefits). In Rl it is obvious, that someone knowing a landscape has advantages. This could be in Wurm as well. And a specific skill could make scouting maps even more attractive or even necessary in case of raids. A resident in a Sector should have a bonus in that area, as he knows it like noone other.

Bonus sing.(latin) in plural is: boni. The same with malus / mali. The first one you benefit of like buffs and perks, mali give you disadvantages. Sorry, I thought that termini would be common under gamers.

@ Druidnature  I know the map and cartography discussion. I dont necessarily want the map to be charted or plotted, but kind of invisible counter, which recognizes your activity on the map and gives you scouting skillgain (like a raising knowledge in other skills, that gives you better imping or other benefits). In Rl it is obvious, that someone knowing a landscape has advantages. This could be in Wurm as well. And a specific skill could make scouting maps even more attractive or even necessary in case of raids. A resident in a Sector should have a bonus in that area, as he knows it like noone other.

We failed Latin to play more wurm dude.

These are just little bonuses that make other skills greater.

Im hoping for a new skill that adds a whole new dimension to wurm :)