Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

PvP easy fruits

I dare say the entire priest mechanic is intended purely for pvping. From the point of view of PvE, priesting is so massively unbalanced it's pretty clear there was no intention of balancing it for us. Ergo, the entire intention behind the priest system was combat.

That being said: Aren't vyn disallowed archery? Thought only mag/lib had that.

Hrm, seems to me that the entire priest mechanic is designed around creating a critical game resource for players that requires multiple accounts. By making priests very good in combat, but terrible at nearly all forms of crafting in a crafting-centric game, well, that means that most people who play a priest will have another character that actually allows them to craft. Viola. Twice the subscription numbers. The jackpot-style hit-and-miss enchantment system is very blah from a crafting point of view anyway. Boredom, boredom, boredom. Wait, wait, wait. Oh, yay, a good cast. Alt tab for ten minutes. Rinse, repeat.

I made this suggestion in the past, but I'll reiterate.

a 'simple' way to level the playing field for priests would be to allow the member pick the majority of spells. There would be 2 classes of spells. Primary and Support.

Primary spells are god specific (Fire Pillar, Heal, Fungus, Ice Pillar, etc).

Secondary spells can be selected by any priest.

The ability to learn a spell would be based off of how much faith you have. for every 10 faith, you can learn 2 spells. 

30 Faith = 5 Primary, 6 Secondary

40 Faith = 5 Primary, 8 Secondary

50 Faith = 5 Primary, 10 Secondary

60 Faith = 5 Primary, 12 Secondary

70 Faith = 5 Primary, 14 Secondary

80 Faith = 5 Primary, 16 Secondary

90 Faith = 5 Primary, 18 Secondary

Libila  Priest Primary (EXAMPLE)

1. Rotten Touch
2. Fungus Trap

3. Zombie Infestation
4. Land of the Dead